Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My one disappointment with the super bowl

vCash

My one disappointment with the super bowl

You?ve got four decorated vets all 100 years old from WWII(one from the famous Tuskegee airmen) and not one of those team captains went over to shake hands with them. Disappointing.

ETA Honorary coin toss captains
    Last edited by FriarsPoint; 02-02-2020 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    We have A-Holes on this board who admitted that they didn't give a shit about the Veterans we salute at our games. It is Generational I believe. In 10 years all WWII vets will be gone. I remember meeting WWI vets when I was a kid and tennager. I wish i would have taken more time to talk to them and ask questions about their service.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We have A-Holes on this board who admitted that they didn't give a shit about the Veterans we salute at our games. It is Generational I believe. In 10 years all WWII vets will be gone. I remember meeting WWI vets when I was a kid and tennager. I wish i would have taken more time to talk to them and ask questions about their service.
    A wise man once told me “these ***** ass commies will never get it until the tank rolls down the street and points the barrel at their front door”.

vCash
    On the bright side, at least the original anthem kneeling team lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It is Generational I believe.
    Does that include 70+ year olds who think POW's aren't really war heros because they got caught?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Does that include 70+ year olds who think POW's aren't really war heros because they got caught?
    Let’s leave it at this. ALL of our veterans deserve our respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    On the bright side, at least the original anthem kneeling team lost.
    You are exactly right!!!!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    You are a clown for this statement.

Does a POW have to sell out his country while captured or after he's a senator, for you to see that water is wet? You need to delete this post. It is a disgrace. All facts agree with me.

You are either willfully ignorant or completely stupid. Please step away from your keyboard for a few decades. Holy shit the things I want to say. Disgraceful is the most lightly i can communicate the evident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    You are a clown for this statement.

Does a POW have to sell out his country while captured or after he's a senator, for you to see that water is wet? You need to delete this post. It is a disgrace. All facts agree with me.

You are either willfully ignorant or completely stupid. Please step away from your keyboard for a few decades. Holy shit the things I want to say. Disgraceful is the most lightly i can communicate the evident.
    Just so we're clear, not only do you condone the idea that POWs aren't heroes (exact quote: "He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."), but you think that people who disagree with the idea are disgraceful, willfully ignorant, and/or completely stupid? Gotcha.

Maybe you should boo the POW/MIA flag during the patriotic show this November.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 02-03-2020 at 01:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Man, I can not wait for November. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Just so we're clear, not only do you condone the idea that POWs aren't heroes (exact quote: "He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."), but you think that people who disagree with the idea are disgraceful, willfully ignorant, and/or completely stupid? Gotcha.

He said what he said about McCain due to McCain always lying and jabbing him from day 1. McCain played an instrumental role in turning over the fake dossier to the dems. Should he have said it in the words he used? no. But in no way does this insinuate he does not appreciate all the veterans captured or not. It was not an overall jab at captured vets, it was a personal jab at an individual.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    To me, the players were playing the biggest game of their life. Forgetting to shake someones hand can get a pass.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    He said what he said about McCain due to McCain always lying and jabbing him from day 1. McCain played an instrumental role in turning over the fake dossier to the dems. Should he have said it in the words he used? no. But in no way does this insinuate he does not appreciate all the veterans captured or not. It was not an overall jab at captured vets, it was a personal jab at an individual.
    Sure.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    hero not heroes. singular against one individual who had been lying and shit talking Trump since day 1 . Trump jabbed back and used words he should not have used but in no way does that insinuate he disrespects captured war vets overall. Not acknowledging war heroes you don't even know is a generational thing and an overall view of veterans that is problematic , ignorant, disrespectful and unpatriotic.

vCash
    Back in December, because of my job, I had the absolute honor to meet two WWII vets. One was a truck driver island hopping in the Pacific, the other a member of the 104th Timberwolves and was 20 miles away from the Battle of the Bulge. It was an incredible honor to even be in the same room as these gentlemen. And to be able to stand behind that camera and listen to them tell their stories is something I'll never forget.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    I hear you but those players could have broken those guys easily. 100 year old soldiers and 20 something football players built like brick shit houses don't exactly mix. Kid gloves.

My real disappointment is Shakira wore underwear.

vCash
    hero not heroes. singular against one individual who had been lying and shit talking Trump since day 1 . Trump jabbed back and used words he should not have used but in no way does that insinuate he disrespects captured war vets overall. Not acknowledging war heroes you don't even know is a generational thing and an overall view of veterans that is problematic , ignorant, disrespectful and unpatriotic.
    It 100% insinuates that.

Regardless of what his intent was or who he was trying to attack, he did so by attacking his status as a POW. He did not attack someone who also happened to have been a POW, he attacked one individual for having been a POW. He absolutely implied that being a POW is the reason McCain was not a hero.

Back Trump if you want, but you can't defend what he said in that instance. He attacked John McCain for being a POW.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It 100% insinuates that.

Regardless of what his intent was or who he was trying to attack, he did so by attacking his status as a POW. He did not attack someone who also happened to have been a POW, he attacked one individual for having been a POW. He absolutely implied that being a POW is the reason McCain was not a hero.

Back Trump if you want, but you can't defend what he said in that instance. He attacked John McCain for being a POW.
    I said he chose his words poorly like he does often when getting into pissing matches with those who attack him. Don't act as if he's passed legislation denying POW's VA benefits. His Ill-advised comments were directed at ONE individual and his actions concerning ALL veterans have been exlimperary regarding his legislative proposals getting our vets the respect, benefits and care they deserve.

vCash
    I said he chose his words poorly like he does often when getting into pissing matches with those who attack him. Don't act as if he's passed legislation denying POW's VA benefits. His Ill-advised comments were directed at ONE individual and his actions concerning ALL veterans have been exlimperary regarding his legislative proposals getting our vets the respect, benefits and care they deserve.
    Yes, he chose his words horrifically....thus insinuating that he does not respect POWs. He absolutely insinuated that. Whether he intended to or just did a horrible job of speaking in the moment when trying to attack someone else is up to you to decide for yourself. But he 100% did insinuate that by what he said, which is that John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was a POW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It 100% insinuates that.

Back Trump if you want, but you can't defend what he said in that instance. He attacked John McCain for being a POS.
    Fify