Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Brown wishes he was a Bulldog so bad. And needs to STFU.

vCash
    I'm not going to say anything else about the guy after this post, I just can't stand it when guys with sour grapes that chose to go elsewhere try to negatively impact our recruiting. And while he may be doing it in a passive aggressive or backhanded compliment way, he's doing it. And to me it reeks of wishing he was a part of the State family. Well AJ, you could have been, but you chose not to be, so move on. Our recruiting doesn't concern you.

vCash
    It's definitely possible that any WR coming in next year as a FR could break every WR record here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    It's definitely possible that any WR coming in next year as a FR could break every WR record here.
    Yep

vCash
    So shit on State after they offer the kid but nothing about Ole Miss not offering the kid. That is a perfect example of Ole Miss logic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    So shit on State after they offer the kid but nothing about Ole Miss not offering the kid. That is a perfect example of Ole Miss logic.
    Well, he knows we are getting him so sour grapes and his narrative is about to be shot to hell...

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    **** AJ Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I think AJ is pleased with how things turned out, but deep down he wishes Mullen had ponied up and loved on him more, and that he didn't have to abandon Starkville like he did. If he could have all the same numbers and success and NFL situation he currently has BUT have done it at State, it would be perfect. At least that's the way he comes across.

But he made his choice so STFU. Not like Ole Miss has offered the kid.
    We were never going to get him, ever. He did not want to go to MSU, period. I was told that his Jr year in high school and it was not someone associated with MSU that told me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We were never going to get him, ever. He did not want to go to MSU, period. I was told that his Jr year in high school and it was not someone associated with MSU that told me.
    Well then he really needs to STFU. And I know damn good and well if he wanted to come to State, he had a spot. Either he didn't want to be at State or money talked! I don't care how Dan recruited him, he could have been a Dawg if he wanted too.

vCash
    I loved my time in Starkville. But if I had grown up there I would have wanted out too.

vCash
    Who gives a crap what AJ Brown thinks?

He can say whatever he wants, nobody cares.

vCash
    Why is he so determined to convince Rufus Harvey not to go to State? He keeps saying shit on Twitter insinuating that State doesn't care about Starkville players, and it reeks of him being mad that he didn't choose State. This isn't Mullen anymore, so I wish he'd get over his recruitment and move on. Even though he didnt win shit in college, he's making millions now, so him and Ralph Leonard need to quit crying on Twitter about State not giving offers to Starkville kids. I do hope Leach is seeing how important it is to recruit Starkville kids just as hard as other players he wants though. That AJ recruitment seems like the shitty gift that keeps on giving though.
    Yep and AJ is going to find out, that OM love ain't there any more now that he isn't playing there now.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I think AJ is pleased with how things turned out, but deep down he wishes Mullen had ponied up and loved on him more, and that he didn't have to abandon Starkville like he did. If he could have all the same numbers and success and NFL situation he currently has BUT have done it at State, it would be perfect. At least that's the way he comes across.

But he made his choice so STFU. Not like Ole Miss has offered the kid.
    I think Mullen took AJ for granted? If the story about Mullen sending an assistant with a cell phone to the in-home visit so he could call him is true, then there is no doubt, he took him for granted. That sounds exactly like Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Leach can take ordinary receivers and make them extraordinary because he and his coaches can actually coach up receivers. Hate to say it but AJ was never coming here as long as Mullen/Hev were here. Just is what it is. If we had Leach, AJ would easily have been here.
    Well he missed with Long and the run to the open grass offense.

vCash

This two page thread doesn?t agree with your opinion

This is very well accomplished receiver giving positive publicity to a kid he knows very well. Let?s accept that, sign the kid and move on to the next recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I think Mullen took AJ for granted? If the story about Mullen sending an assistant with a cell phone to the in-home visit so he could call him is true, then there is no doubt, he took him for granted. That sounds exactly like Mullen.
    Absolutely. That entire recruiting class was a fail by Dan. And while Moorhead sucked it definitely was a factor in us underachieving in 2018.

vCash
    Sounds like typical arrogant Dan bullshit for missing a recruit. At least he didn't do the "we didn't think he was that good" thing after we offered him like some of our o-linemen who have now come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    I think many are frustrated about what "might have been" if Dan/Gonzo had recruited AJ more passionately and AJ had chosen MSU. Remember the game we "almost" beat Bama with Fitz running the offense. Remember the Florida and Iowa games Moorhead's first year? Remember the Egg Bowl where Fitz broke his ankle and AJ had 167 yards (and a 77 yard TD) in a 28-31 game? Or in 2016 MSU loses to South Alabama by one point, LSU by three, BYU in 2OT, and Kentucky by 2. I think All American AJ Brown makes a difference in a couple of those games.

For me there is definitely some of that. Even more frustrating to me is I mentioned it on message boards at the time only to be told I was wrong and then it turned out I was right all along. Frustrating not because of Internet cred- frustrating because I want MSU to do really well in football and believe that we can do it. And I felt like I was watching a train wreck about to happen from a distance while everyone else said "It's fine!".

And I'm not some recruiting guru but I can organize what our depth chart was going to look like in three- four years and I am not surprised that we have struggled at WR.

At the same time AJ was offered and had a chance to come to MSU. He did not because he wanted his ass kissed and that was more important to him and his Dad. He made his bad choice and he and DK Metcalf can go **** off. Maybe AJ doesn't get bitch slapped by Abrams in the Egg Bowl if he isn't such a prima donna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Oh our passing and receiving records are going to fall. No question about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    This is very well accomplished receiver giving positive publicity to a kid he knows very well. Let?s accept that, sign the kid and move on to the next recruit.
    That's not what I'm seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At the same time AJ was offered and had a chance to come to MSU. He did not because he wanted his ass kissed and that was more important to him and his Dad. He made his bad choice and he and DK Metcalf can go **** off. Maybe AJ doesn't get bitch slapped by Abrams in the Egg Bowl if he isn't such a prima donna.
    As a fan of MSU who wants them to do as well as possible, I wish Dan had kissed some tail for AJ and Mr. Brown. Would it have made a difference and might AJ have chosen the hometown team? We'll probably never know. But regardless of how much some people say "one player doesn't make a difference" I really think AJ on that team for three years would have made a big difference in 2016 in at least two wins and further impact in '17 and '18.

Traditionally, Dan was never going to kiss any recruits tail though. He never promised anything other than that hard work provides opportunities. And that works with different types of recruits. That's why he and Hev had two star and low stars get drafted and he whiffed on some notable instate 4 and 5 stars.