Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AJ Brown wishes he was a Bulldog so bad. And needs to STFU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would imagine that whoever you got "info" from probably got it from someone associated with MSU at the time or it came from someone down the line because that sounds like the exact same BS that Dan and his staff used time and time again when they missed on recruits.

Anyway- had MSU been the highest bidder he would have been at MSU. Sometimes you have to play the game. Dan wasn't willing to do it- and it held us back at least going back to 2009 with Cam Newton. Whatever you were told was spin.
    His info is correct. Brown wasn't ever coming to State to play in ******* offense. Ole Miss paid for him, but he wanted to go there.

Dan could have matched Ole Miss' offer and we still would have lost. AJ had friends at Ole Miss. He could have chosen Bama, but he didn't. He briefly considered Cal to get away from it all. In the end, we weren't in the game from his point of view.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    From what I know of the situation, we can completely blame Dan and Not AJ. I don't get all the hate for the guy. He does come to state sporting events regularly. Some of our fans need to grow up and get over the petty stuff and be proud of him as a MS kid. He has a great relationship with Simmons, a guy we all love.
    Nope f*** that guy. You know if he would just move on and be an adult I think I could go along with your idea but he keeps taking unnecessary cheap shots at State. He is nothing but a piece of s*** to me.

vCash
    What narrative? That Dan sucked at recruiting? That doesn't hurt us now that he is gone thank God. Lying to try to make it sound better doesn't do anything to hurt us at this point and just makes you sound like the Dan Mullen Pollyanna that you are. You're literally the ONLY person running with this narrative by the way. Which says a lot since you are hardly an insider.

When Dan was here you incorrectly stated that we would never get anyone better if we fired him. Basically insinuated (because I know you're going to say that you didn't say) that we should keep Joe for the same reason. So we limited our coaching search after Dan mainly because of AD inexperience and made a solid hire on paper despite limiting ourselves. And now that Cohen has learned some lessons we have hired Leach- after two bowl seasons where we won the Egg Bowl each year.

So yes- you were wrong. Pretending that you weren't or didn't say this isn't going to get you off the hook with me. In fact had we told Dan to just go to Maryland and not come back which is what I wanted to do the 2016 class probably gets salvaged- and then 2018 is different. We hire Mike Leach after 2015 and our past four years are a LOT different.
    Whether Dan sucked at recruiting or not is not relevant to this discussion. AJ Brown was not coming to MSU, period.

By the way, we didn't fire Mullen. Thankfully those in charge weren't stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    As I said, my info did NOT come from anyone associated with MSU AT ALL. If he hadn't gone to UM, he would have been at Bama. We were never going to get him.
    What did have against State? Just wanted to get out of Starkville?

vCash
    Whether Dan sucked at recruiting or not is not relevant to this discussion. AJ Brown was not coming to MSU, period.

By the way, we didn't fire Mullen. Thankfully those in charge weren't stupid.
    Send them a thank you note for the 2017 Egg Bowl and the last two years while you're at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    His info is correct. Brown wasn't ever coming to State to play in ******* offense. Ole Miss paid for him, but he wanted to go there.

Dan could have matched Ole Miss' offer and we still would have lost. AJ had friends at Ole Miss. He could have chosen Bama, but he didn't. He briefly considered Cal to get away from it all. In the end, we weren't in the game from his point of view.
    People that are going for the highest bidder don't care about anything else other than who pays them the most money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Nothing really. Treadwell was someone he looked up to. Mullen' s offense featured the run over the pass. Ole Miss featured the pass. Ole Miss was more flash and glamour. He simply fit in with the hem better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    **** AJ Brown.
    What this guy said ^^^ ...... has he ever said anything positive about us since that fateful evening at the Library ???
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    This I don't know. I would expect it was the offense and wanting to get out of town.

vCash
    Send them a thank you note for the 2017 Egg Bowl and the last two years while you're at it.
    So the Rebs breaking Fitz's leg was our fault?

It seems to be forgotten but when we hired Joe it was universally acclaimed as the best hire of that cycle. He was widely thought of as an offensive genius and THE up and coming guy. Sometimes things don't work out. I still think his offense in the right place will fly big time. I do not think he is a head coach, at least not yet.

vCash
    Bump. Let's see if he says hail state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Haha would be fantastic.

vCash
    [tweet2]1225083569598607367[/tweet2]

true to his word

vCash
    [tweet2]1225083569598607367[/tweet2]
    true to his word
    This is cool and nothing but good for us.

vCash
    And he did. Nice job AJ. Looks like there was a whole lotta wrong in this thread.

vCash
    I'll own it. Glad to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is cool and nothing but good for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    And he did. Nice job AJ. Looks like there was a whole lotta wrong in this thread.
    Indeed!

vCash
    I'll be the first to say that I hated him when he was at OM, but it was because he was at OM. It was never anything against him personally. He'd lived in Starkville his whole life and seemed like he wanted to get out. I have no problem with that. He went about it the wrong way trying to drag Mullen and Co. through the mud on his recruitment, but he's a young kid and we all made dumb decisions at that age. I still believe OM was feeding him most of that.

Glad to see he's supporting another Starkville guy and his decision to go to State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'll own it. Glad to see it.
    This is just as cool

vCash
    This I don't know. I would expect it was the offense and wanting to get out of town.
    Think about it. He didn?t come to MSU because of Dan whether Dan was a great recruiter or not. Dan?s offense has never been known for great receivers even at Florida. Dan had been at MSU since 2009 which was practically all of AJ?s football career in his life so of course this had to do with Dan recruiting or not.