Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jason Washington Hired as LB Coach

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    "Texas recruits are overrated"... I read somewhere. "It's why the Big 12 can't play with the Bama, LSU & UGA"... was the narrative.
    I think you need to work on the reading comprehension.

When speaking about Texas I?ve always said the Texas high schools produce a lot of offensive players. Because they play a finesse defense, high octane offensive game in Texas. They do not produce SEC caliber defensive players. That is why A&M will never really be a factor, outside of finding a Johnny Football generational player. That is why Big 12 games look like a PlayStation game.

It really is funny how some read what they want to read, not what is actually said.

If we can start pulling the skill guys to make the offense run smoothly, Mississippi will produce enough defensive talent to make us a contender in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    He'll reply back once he's done searching the internet for his typical useless stats he ignorantly believes proves his point
    Not surprised you have trouble figuring out my response...

Todd implied leach doesn't make bad coaching hires. There i simplified it for the simple, no problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think you need to work on the reading comprehension.

When speaking about Texas I?ve always said the Texas high schools produce a lot of offensive players. Because they play a finesse defense, high octane offensive game in Texas. They do not produce SEC caliber defensive players. That is why A&M will never really be a factor, outside of finding a Johnny Football generational player. That is why Big 12 games look like a PlayStation game.

It really is funny how some read what they want to read, not what is actually said.

If we can start pulling the skill guys to make the offense run smoothly, Mississippi will produce enough defensive talent to make us a contender in the SEC.
    First of all Summer's Eve founder, I read just fine. Secondly, Who TF was talking to or about YOU? Certainly not me. But if you'd like to do a search regarding Texas/Big 12 recruits on this site, you'll find plenty of posters that have stated what I said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    "Texas recruits are overrated"... I read somewhere. "It's why the Big 12 can't play with the Bama, LSU & UGA"... was the narrative.
    lol yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Funny how reality always changes to suit our needs.

However I will say that the "texas is soft" narrative has laways been about the defensive side. We have MS for that. We could really use those Texas WRs and QBs in an air raid system

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I didn?t realize Arnett coached WSU last year...
    That has nothing to do with his point. The fact WSU sucked so bad on D last year is partly because Leach made some bad hires on that side of the ball. That's a fact.

He didn't say Arnett is a bad hire. He didn't say anyone is a bad hire. All he said was that 1) Washington getting us 1-2 4*s from texas won't necessarily be worth it if he's a bad CB coach, and 2) Leach has made bad hires before so it's possible this is one too.

Neither of those are anywhere close to being countered by your comment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    lol yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Funny how reality always changes to suit our needs.

However I will say that the "texas is soft" narrative has laways been about the defensive side. We have MS for that. We could really use those Texas WRs and QBs in an air raid system
    Very good point!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not surprised you have trouble figuring out my response...

Todd implied leach doesn't make bad coaching hires. There i simplified it for the simple, no problem
    No I implied that he made a good hire and you unnecessarily tried to shit on it and corrected you again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    He was let go due to the new DC at Texas bringing his guy. So not necessarily let go based on performance. Sorry I don?t post much. But enjoy reading y?alls posts.
    Good to see ya'! Rep given.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Until Alabama picks him next year. Hopefully we're paying these guys enough to stay. We don't want another situation like with Huff. I know apples to oranges but still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Until Alabama picks him next year. Hopefully we're paying these guys enough to stay. We don't want another situation like with Huff. I know apples to oranges but still.
    I wonder if Huff felt Joe was a sinking ship & just wanted out?

In hindsight those guys leaving makes more sense
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wonder if Huff felt Joe was a sinking ship & just wanted out?

In hindsight those guys leaving makes more sense
    Maybe. But Alabama is upward mobility. Maybe some of both.

vCash
    Recruiting like an ace in Texas to UT is quite different than recruiting Texas to miss state
    Good point.

We should hire people who suck at recruiting Texas to UT and also need to make sure we do not hire anyone who was the big 12 recruiter of the year.

You are so smart. I'm not sure why leach didn't consider that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Good point.

We should hire people who suck at recruiting Texas to UT and also need to make sure we do not hire anyone who was the big 12 recruiter of the year.

You are so smart. I'm not sure why leach didn't consider that
    Deadhead, user name checks out.

At no point in this thread did I say leach shouldn't have hired him.

vCash
    Deadhead, user name checks out.

At no point in this thread did I say leach shouldn't have hired him.
    At no point in this thread did anyone say he was going to dominate Texas recruiting

Your post was pointless and stupid and no that several people have called you out on it you are back peddling
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 02-02-2020 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    At no point in this thread did anyone say he was going to dominate Texas recruiting

Your post was pointless and stupid and no that several people have called you out on it you are back peddling
    Ok...

At no point in this thread did I say leach shouldn't hire him.

Your post was pointless and stupid and now that I have called you out on it you are back peddling

vCash
    I agree. Well, assuming he's adequate coach.
    If we hired Saban you would say "he's about to retire".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Past his prime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    He's not a more with less coach. He needs waves of 4 and 5* players he sends at you over 4 qtrs. Wears other team out.