Thread: Weekend C&D: Super Bowl Weekend

vCash

Weekend C&D: Super Bowl Weekend

Gearing up for the game Sunday. May do wings. May do a Boston butt. Can't decide.
    Long week, so dinner tonight was takeout sushi and a teriyaki bowl with a cheap white wine.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Long week here as well, so went easy and grilled chicken/pineapple/veg. Tito's to unwind. Wife requested gumbo tomorrow, so looks like I've got some work to do tomorrow afternoon.

vCash
    Can't go wrong with meatballs in Marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese sticks.

vCash
    Been working so far but I’m cooking chicken quarters and Mac and cheese for my staff today. My moms birthday dinner is tonight so we’re going out. I could go for some red wine tonight

vCash
    Grilled wings, fried wings and Boston Butt on the BGE. Rub goes on the Butt tonight. Great rub recipe from of all places a chef in NYC.

vCash
    NY strip with grilled asparagus and some small potatoes
    Cooked in the air fryer with "everything bagel" seasoning

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Zea thai ribs. Excellent dinner

vCash
    Just got home and opened a bottle of Malbec. Hoping this paw patrol episode is my last of the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Just got home and opened a bottle of Malbec. Hoping this paw patrol episode is my last of the day.
    Paw Patrol? Beast, you got get'em hooked on Tots.

You'll be singing the song that starts that show all freaking day long!!! Much better than thinking about "Chase is on the case!"***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

You'll be singing the song that starts that show all freaking day long!!! Much better than thinking about "Chase is on the case!"***
    Hahaha. Never even heard of tots. Is it Netflix? I’m down for whatever I can do to calm them down before bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

I can already hear the dang song just reading your post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia Dog View Post
    Grilled wings, fried wings and Boston Butt on the BGE. Rub goes on the Butt tonight. Great rub recipe from of all places a chef in NYC.
    I need a good recipe for grilled wings????

vCash
    Tonight we’re doing a little family SB party. Rotel, guac, sin dip, burgers, dogs, etc... The usual suspects.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Wait, you weren't all fired up about some sky-high entertainment?

Rubble on the Double! Don't lose it, reuse it! No job is too big, no pup is too small!

*Sigh*

After Star Wars and the universal form of all things "truck," Paw Patrol is about as good as it gets for my three-year old. It's better than some -- like that whiny SOB Daniel Tiger; good lord, that guy's an ass -- but even still, one can only take so much.

Re: the larger topic at hand, we slummed it Friday and Saturday and just sort of scrounged odds and ends around the house. I smoked some sockeye salmon last night, though, so that's kind of fancy, I guess.

Simple brine and then glazed with some brown sugar on top. That's it. (And yeah, I'm too much of a bum to wipe off the albumin. Whatever.) Most notable thing was an on-the-fly blind taste test of sorts. Half the filets were from Whole Foods, two were from a friend whose husband is a seafood broker with boats in Alaska, and one was from Aldi. Verdict? They all tasted pretty much the same. The only discernible difference was that the two fancy cuts from the fish broker were a slightly lighter shade of pink and way, way more dense than the others. Not necessarily dryer, but, well, tougher, maybe? It was weird. Thoughts on that from the anglers?

Booze-wise, I had some Peat Monster scotch by Compass Box and some single barrel Knob Creek. I'm not a huge fan of Islay stuff yet, though admittedly my exposure to it is limited to Laphroaig. (I've got a bottle of 10-year cask strength that I'm drinking very, very slowly.) But I enjoyed the Compass Box. The blend has Laphroaig in it but the dominant Islay malt in it is Caol Ila, which I've always heard good things about. Anywho, it was solid.