Page 95 of 136 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Strong was a pretty big stomach punch because we thought we had won that fight. Same with Nabers and MJ. Hoping we just go 2 for 3 in holding on.

I don’t want to lose Nabers bit at least we do have some other wr lined up as plan B. Secondary could end up really good or we could whiff a bunch.

vCash
    LSU folks say Nabors sticks with us. MJ is fine per other players he talks to. We'll still have 4 or 5 ships to fill before Feb. Hopefully the portal is our friend and a Cooper and Johnson get on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Nobody is acting like that, calm down dude. He makes a fair point, every single year we are trying to hold onto recruits that are committed to us all damn year
    Every school deals with the same thing. It's not just us. That's completely false. We're winning head to head with LSU on one guy and our in-state rival on the other. We've lost one kid this cycle that matters. That's damn solid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You know the Clarion-Ledger won't do anything.
    Probably not Todd, but you can bet every high school coach in this state is seeing this.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Not the staff, know they?re working hard. This shit just happens every single year to us. Others close strong where we just try to hold onto what we have. Frustrating
    Well within the last 2 weeks
    We are going to flip
    Reese from Rutgers
    Boone from Va Tech

Page flips from from Texas Tech to us and unless something goes south really quick we flipped Daniels from OM.. he was committed to OM at one time.. a flip is a flip..

vCash
    We secure Nabers and Daniels today and we consider that a win.

vCash
    Bad smoke on MJ right now

vCash
    We're going to lose MJ. Looks like this one has been planned. Sucks because we needed him for depth. But it is what it is. Kids like that struggle at the next level because they aren't constantly getting attention like they were in the recruiting process.

vCash
    I had posters private message me telling me to shut up and “let the people that know do the talking” regarding MJ.

Still could be wrong, but I was told by a family member of MJ he wasn’t coming two weeks ago.

vCash
    Losing MJ will hurt badly.
    No sugar coating or spinning it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Losing MJ will hurt badly.
    No sugar coating or spinning it
    Every year they claim a flip early only to be wrong on the signing;

I?d wait a minute on this.

vCash
    Steve Wiltfong is rarely wrong. He has crystal balled MJ to OM. He did miss on John Lewis, but we will see.

vCash
    Absolutely inexcusable. Pathetic.

vCash
    What?s the word on Nabors?

Lewis is in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    What?s the word on Nabors?

Lewis is in!
    A Battle

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Guys, can you imagine having to make a decision that will effect your life going forward and being pulled from every direction up until the last second? Football recruiting is insanity!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    A Battle
    Shit.

LSU just lost a stud DE to Bama, so they really start throwing the money around to keep in state kids home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Guys, can you imagine having to make a decision that will effect your life going forward and being pulled from every direction up until the last second? Football recruiting is insanity!!
    I've really got to where I hate signing day. Its just become a mess. I actually feel bad for our coaches trying to deal with it. A lot of these upper tier guys aren't making decisions on impacts to their life going forward but by what their best instant gratification is right now. I have finally come around, due to the NCAA's lack of enforcement and due to the fact that when they do enforce its totally subjective, that it would be better if we go to no recruiting rules. Just go Wild West. At least in that scenario everyone would be playing by the same rules and if somebody is getting offered something monetarily there is no rule against matching or upping the offer. If you want a guy the most then make the highest bid. Right now schools aren't playing by the same rules because certain schools the NCAA won't touch and others they will. Its also about how clever you are with cheating and how well you can execute it. Just a totally unfair landscape at the moment. If we had done some of the things LSU and OM have done over the past decade we would be on permanent probation if not be on the death penalty. Even with all that Freeze and the Network did and got caught I bet most OM fans would tell you it was worth it with the teams they had under Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I've really got to where I hate signing day. Its just become a mess. I actually feel bad for our coaches trying to deal with it. A lot of these upper tier guys aren't making decisions on impacts to their life going forward but by what their best instant gratification is right now. I have finally come around, due to the NCAA's lack of enforcement and due to the fact that when they do enforce its totally subjective, that it would be better if we go to no recruiting rules. Just go Wild West. At least in that scenario everyone would be playing by the same rules and if somebody is getting offered something monetarily there is no rule against matching or upping the offer. If you want a guy the most then make the highest bid. Right now schools aren't playing by the same rules because certain schools the NCAA won't touch and others they will. Its also about how clever you are with cheating and how well you can execute it. Just a totally unfair landscape at the moment. If we had done some of the things LSU and OM have done over the past decade we would be on permanent probation if not be on the death penalty. Even with all that Freeze and the Network did and got caught I bet most OM fans would tell you it was worth it with the teams they had under Freeze.
    You can bet you ass that a lot of the rules were broken this recruiting season.

vCash
    I will go down with the Ship.. with both MJ and Nabers.. let’s close these 2...