Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Hell Greek could end up being better than the others. Never know what someone will look like when they hit the field here

vCash
    MJ Daniels info. How solid is his commitment to tsun?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    MJ Daniels info. How solid is his commitment to tsun?
    I wouldn't say solid. He's bout to blow up.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I wouldn't say solid. He's bout to blow up.
    I think we have a legit shot at him too.

vCash
    Anything new on Sawyer Robertson? He coming in for a visit during Spring practice?

And how many WR’s are we gonna take and who are some names both in-state and OOS that we need to focus on that are showing early legitimate interest in us?

And what about RB’s? How many are we taking and what’s the run down on Howard from Starkville? Is he the kind of RB Leach likes in his offense or does Leach have a “kind” of RB he likes to recruit for his offense?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Anything new on Sawyer Robertson? He coming in for a visit during Spring practice?

And how many WR’s are we gonna take and who are some names both in-state and OOS that we need to focus on that are showing early legitimate interest in us?

And what about RB’s? How many are we taking and what’s the run down on Howard from Starkville? Is he the kind of RB Leach likes in his offense or does Leach have a “kind” of RB he likes to recruit for his offense?
    I think we get Robertson.

I think we take 5 WR's. I think it's a little too early to narrow it down.

I think we take another RB. We'll see on if Howard sticks.

vCash
    I just listened to Lane Kiffin on Dick Cross' show & I don't know how in the world this guy will recruit well without cheating his butt off.

He has no personality. I guess they are going to just buy a ton of players.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Sure sounds like a weird cat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I just listened to Lane Kiffin on Dick Cross' show & I don't know how in the world this guy will recruit well without cheating his butt off.

Maybe, but he finished 1st, 3rd, and 1st in cusa recruiting rankings his 3 years there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe, but he finished 1st, 3rd, and 1st in cusa recruiting rankings his 3 years there.
    Location probably helped him achieve that at FAU. CUSA recruiting is atrocious as far as rankings.

vCash
    I believe it is better to see how he compared to USF than to C-USA. I know they are in a different conference, but both are G5 schools in Florida. (I would leave UCF out because of their recent success.) Charlie Strong is not know to be a great recruiter and USF out-recruited FAU every year.

vCash
    Lawl

vCash

We're about to find out how much Coach O helped him at USC and Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're about to find out how much Coach O helped him at USC and Tennessee.
    Great point. Coach O may be the best recruiter in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Great point. Coach O may be the best recruiter in the country.
    My theory on O is that coming from the bayou, he'd had the least to lose & was the most willing to cheat.

Also because of his voice, he's able to be memorable to players who get tons of offers & talk to hundreds of coaches.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I believe it is better to see how he compared to USF than to C-USA. I know they are in a different conference, but both are G5 schools in Florida. (I would leave UCF out because of their recent success.) Charlie Strong is not know to be a great recruiter and USF out-recruited FAU every year.
    Maybe so. I have no idea how good of a recruiter he is, but there's really no evidence of him being terrible at it unless you count this past cycle where he got a late start

vCash
    Anybody think we have a chance to get back in it with Deion Smith? He is a big time player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Anybody think we have a chance to get back in it with Deion Smith? He is a big time player.
    Not unless LSU drops him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not unless LSU drops him.
    Figured so.

vCash
    My theory on O is that coming from the bayou, he'd had the least to lose & was the most willing to cheat.

Also because of his voice, he's able to be memorable to players who get tons of offers & talk to hundreds of coaches.
    I don't know about that. Coach O has some skeletons in his closet from very early in his career that he has overcome and one more major incident like a show cause could very well end it for him. Coach O is very likable and despite people making fun of how he talks let's be real- we all know what he is saying.