Page 89 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Could this be Leaches Holloway ? ... Small for a RB but probably quick ... I wouldn't expect Leach to look for an Anthony Dixon type back with his system - got an offer for the 2021 class

https://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Connard-46111622/
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Ole Miss will finish higher. They're going to add potentially 3-4 more 4 stars and we're only going to add one.

But we're going to have several guys who are 247sports 4 stars, but are composite 3 stars. I think we'll be pleased with our class if we hold on to everyone and close on everyone we're supposed to
    We could add more than 2.

Harmon
    Calvin Johnson doesn't have ranking yet but is a 4 star talent. We'll see where he ends up
    Calloway is still out there. We'll see what happens

Eitherway, Ole Miss's recruits seem to be better in the composite rankings & 247 has their recruits mostly ranked lower, which makes the 2 classes damn near equal.

Either way, both classes are going to be very similar & not a penny's worth of difference on the field.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's encouraging
    Ole miss always beats up in recruiting not worried there. If they keep beating us on the field be worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We could add more than 2.

Harmon
    Calvin Johnson doesn't have ranking yet but is a 4 star talent. We'll see where he ends up
    Calloway is still out there. We'll see what happens

Eitherway, Ole Miss's recruits seem to be better in the composite rankings & 247 has their recruits mostly ranked lower, which makes the 2 classes damn near equal.

Either way, both classes are going to be very similar & not a penny's worth of difference on the field.
    Go back and look at OM's really good classes under Freeze and it was the same thing. Some people have a problem with 247 but they're generally very accurate when rating recruits. They were on Chris Jones long before any other recruiting services were.

vCash
    Dual threat, so I guess we not interested. Seems to me that this offense could really use a qb that has the ability to take off running.
    I think we very much would take him, I just don't think he is interested.

vCash
    We've actually finished ahead of OM in composite 3 of the last 4 years.

vCash
    We've actually finished ahead of OM in composite 3 of the last 4 years.
    I think the recruiting service that ranks MSU higher than the bears is the more accurate service.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    2022 QB Ty Simpson released his top 10. Stinks that his dad is a former player, and MSU isn't even in it while OM is.

https://247sports.com/Article/Ty-Sim...see-156569141/
    That Westview program is a top notch program. SOLID coaches. Had the privilege to coach against many of those guys over the years.
    Ty has been showing major promise since junior high. He's a good QB.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 12-11-2020 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    2022 QB Ty Simpson released his top 10. Stinks that his dad is a former player, and MSU isn't even in it while OM is.

https://247sports.com/Article/Ty-Sim...see-156569141/
    His dad transferred out to USM, so it's not like he's really a legacy. We aren't really recruiting him and he was pretty locked in on TN at one time. He's fallen slightly down the boards of a few schools, not just State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think the recruiting service that ranks MSU higher than the bears is the more accurate service.
    Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Exactly. You can always tell a higher quality service by their values. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ole miss always beats up in recruiting not worried there. If they keep beating us on the field be worried.
    Ole Miss is very clearly recruiting to manipulate the data. There is no question in my mind that is a factor in their recruiting. Gotta win the press conference even if the guy doesn't contribute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I wouldn't describe them winning 1 in a row in game that was 80 vs. 45 and one we should've still won as grounds to say "Keep beating us on the field"
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I wouldn't describe them winning 1 in a row in game that was 80 vs. 45 and one we should've still won as grounds to say "Keep beating us on the field"
    Or where they intentionally hurt our QB where our coach was checked out.

vCash
    Avg per recruit for us is 86.55, which is 12th in the sec. That's only ahead of South Carolina and vandy (teams that fired HCs).

vCash
    Avg per recruit for us is 86.55, which is 12th in the sec. That's only ahead of South Carolina and vandy (teams that fired HCs).
    Let’s see what it looks like at the end. I like this class on film. I bet it performs way over the class rank. People literally make too much of the difference between an 86-91

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Let’s see what it looks like at the end. I like this class on film. I bet it performs way over the class rank. People literally make too much of the difference between an 86-91
    247 likes our class, so that's a positive

vCash
    We can nitpick the class and it's ranking all day, but it's going to be a solid class that fills needs. Really the only question is OL, and we'll have more options if we wait until February. Everywhere else is really solid.

vCash
    247 likes our class, so that's a positive
    I’m not saying 247 has better evaluators because I’d be shocked if the evaluated our JUCO players for more that 30 seconds, but they do seem to be more up to date than anyone else’s.

Seems like Rivals and ESPN slap a ranking on a guy as a JR and never looks at it again regardless of how the player’s ability fluctuated. We’ll benefit from that with Harmon.

My sense when looking OM’s class is that there are a number of players that established themselves as 4 stars their Jr years and got worse or injured. 247 re ranked those players as 3 stars but the other sites never touched them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We can nitpick the class and it's ranking all day, but it's going to be a solid class that fills needs. Really the only question is OL, and we'll have more options if we wait until February. Everywhere else is really solid.
    It’s a good class that fits Leach’s culture. The 16th ranked class is virtually the same as the 35th. Just the way evaluation works when most of the players fit in the middle range.