Page 85 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yep sorry mixing up the parents but the argument is the same. You would have though get we would have heard the name before.

Going to be an interesting 2 weeks because the staff has some decisions to make including how many scholarships to leave open for transfers
    I'd leave 0 open if we can get all 26 signed that we want in 2 weeks.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    yeah, I don't get it
    Didn't he get re-ranked and upgraded after Yancy and the crew realized OM was recruiting him? Maybe in reality he's more like a mid 3 star.

vCash
    Class of 2022 JD Stewart > John Lewis ..
    And it?s not even close..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Class of 2022 JD Stewart > John Lewis ..
    And it?s not even close..
    How would you explain how Lewis got to be a 4 star?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Didn't he get re-ranked and upgraded after Yancy and the crew realized OM was recruiting him? Maybe in reality he's more like a mid 3 star.
    He?s a good player and I?d like to sign him. Seems to have the measurables you want in the SEC. But yeah he may be a little overvalued. 247 has him rated higher than Calloway and Daniels as the number 2 player in MS, but I?d definitely have him behind those two.

And yeah, doubtful that he?s any better than JD Stewart in the next class. But Stewart probably won?t have the hype because he?s probably going to commit to us early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    He?s a good player and I?d like to sign him. Seems to have the measurables you want in the SEC. But yeah he may be a little overvalued. 247 has him rated higher than Calloway and Daniels as the number 2 player in MS, but I?d definitely have him behind those two.

And yeah, doubtful that he?s any better than JD Stewart in the next class. But Stewart probably won?t have the hype because he?s probably going to commit to us early.
    You never want to count your chickens before they hatch, but with Blanton & Stewart next year likely signing to be Bulldogs & Strong having 3 years to play, I question how important LB is in this class.

I'll take him for sure, but there are other positions I'd prioritize
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Pounders is gone.

vCash
    Pounders decommits.

Austin Barber and/or Cannon Boone are must gets now. If we miss on them, then we'll likely be forced to reach on a guy like Nasson Simmons who isn't an SEC player.

Not ideal for this staff right now. Ole Miss has all the momentum right now. No other way to spin it.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    We could have a top 10 class two weeks before signing day and still struggle to finish in the top 30. Somehow we get absolutely worked in the two weeks prior to signing day every single year.

It?s really remarkable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    We could have a top 10 class two weeks before signing day and still struggle to finish in the top 30. Somehow we get absolutely worked in the two weeks prior to signing day every single year.

It?s really remarkable.
    Our strategy is to get guys in the boat early and then hold onto them the best you can. We play defense. I'd rather play a little offense for once. Ole Miss is about to make us look foolish.

vCash
    Look for MJ Daniels to decommit in the next day or so as well

vCash
    We have to be the most abused SEC program the last 2 weeks of every recruiting season.

I love a Paul and Steve but they’ve been getting worked over this year as well. I won’t lose sleep over Poinders that much but losing Daniels would be a potential blow

vCash
    Like two ships passing in the night . . . . . . . . .

vCash
    If we lose Daniels, then this staff will have shown me they don't have what it takes to recruit in the SEC. You can get all of these commits in the dog days of summer, but if you can't close on them in December then you're never going to make it.

vCash
    The modified dead period is the best thing that could have happened to Ole Miss. This is when they do their best recruiting.

vCash
    Leach...taking us to the next level!!!!!!**********************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Look for MJ Daniels to decommit in the next day or so as well
    Wrong, he's shutting it down. Hail State.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    [tweet2]1336295912562421761[/tweet2]

4* LB John Lewis commits! He was thought to be an Ole Miss lean for a few weeks. BIG get by this staff.

He'll be a helluva edge rusher for us. Tyrus Wheat, Jordan Davis, Demonte Russell, John Lewis

vCash
    John Lewis has committed. Even though some think he isn’t as good as others it’s still a big pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    John Lewis has committed. Even though some think he isn’t as good as others it’s still a big pickup.
    Who thinks that? They need to go watch his film. Absolute stud