Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I guess I'm behind - who have we flipped from them??? Or are you referring to just flips in general ?
    Flips in general

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9381802...00b30c300a3f39

Watch how quickly he gets off the ball and into the backfield. He's physical and lays down the lumber. If he can add some good weight and maintain his explosiveness, I think he can keep his hand in the dirt and be an absolute beast in this conference. I want him.
    Wow!!! He is a violent tackler. And his closing speed is crazy fast. I'd take him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    On another note, KOdawg:

What's the deal going on with Antonio Harmon ?
    It's almost like he has dropped off the map for some schools. A couple TX guys I know think he's gonna end up out there because of some shenanigans with his recruiting back this way (in-state in general, not specifically MSU).
    He didn't have the senior year that coaches wanted him to. He's also letting a sleazebag be involved in his recruitment (2nd Tier Recruiting guy), so I'm sure he's getting all sorts of bad advice. I've read that even Texas might be backing off Antonio. I could see him ending up at a G5 school before its over with, or maybe he bets on himself and goes to Juco to prove himself. It's an odd situation for sure.

vCash
    I don't see how you can take Alexander now unless we just miss on some guys. Numbers are getting tight. You've still got Calvin Johnson likely coming, and then we're still on Justin Walley and Kadarius Calloway. I think you take the younger guys with 4 years vs. the guy with 1. I get the need for immediate impact, but with our numbers at safety, I think we're gonna be fine.

vCash
    I don't see how you can take Alexander now unless we just miss on some guys. Numbers are getting tight. You've still got Calvin Johnson likely coming, and then we're still on Justin Walley and Kadarius Calloway. I think you take the younger guys with 4 years vs. the guy with 1. I get the need for immediate impact, but with our numbers at safety, I think we're gonna be fine.
    Valid point. If you don't have room for both, three years of Perkins is probably better long term than one year of Alexander.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Valid point. If you don't have room for both, three years of Perkins is probably better long term than one year of Alexander.
    Doubly so with our scholarship situation
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Yeah at this point you have to tell Alexander to wait for the smoke to clear

vCash
    I could be wrong, but doesn?t Alexander play safety? Perkins replaces Eatmon. You go get Walley and Calloway to finish the DB class.

I see us finishing:
    -Perkins
    -Calloway
    -Walley
    -Price
    -Watkins
    -Harmon
    -Anderson
    -Alexander

Maybes:
    -Cooper
    -Hunter
    -Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah at this point you have to tell Alexander to wait for the smoke to clear
    Gotta be careful with that. It's a pretty big assumption to assume we get Walley, Calloway and Johnson. If we miss on just 1 of those 3, we would still need Alexander. Personally, I would take all 4 and make it work somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I could be wrong, but doesn?t Alexander play safety? Perkins replaces Eatmon. You go get Walley and Calloway to finish the DB class.

I see us finishing:
    -Perkins
    -Calloway
    -Walley
    -Price
    -Watkins
    -Harmon
    -Anderson
    -Alexander

Maybes:
    -Cooper
    -Hunter
    -Johnson
    Lol. We won?t get Perkins, Watkins, or Harmon. And iffy at best on Calloway and Walley. You are just predicting with no information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Lol. We won?t get Perkins, Watkins, or Harmon. And iffy at best on Calloway and Walley. You are just predicting with no information
    So you think we have a better shot at Calloway than Perkins?

vCash
    Well I am right more than I am wrong. Predicting is all that we are doing anyway, it?s not like I said ?I guarantee? it.

vCash
    Care to wager on Perkins?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Care to wager on Perkins?
    You will win that easily. And between the time I posted that reply and came back to post this, I got more information on the front. But I guess it?s just predictions, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post

I see us finishing:
    -Perkins
    -Calloway
    -Walley
    -Price
    -Watkins
    -Harmon
    -Anderson
    -Alexander

Maybes:
    -Cooper
    -Hunter
    -Johnson
    Price and Watkins are unlikely. Harmon isn't happening.

vCash
    The only way I see us taking Alexander is if we miss on one of Perkins, Walley or Calloway. You can't justify taking 6 DBs in this class.

vCash
    The only way I see us taking Alexander is if we miss on one of Perkins, Walley or Calloway. You can't justify taking 6 DBs in this class.
    I think you can justify it. We run a 3-3-5 now. We need flexibility in the secondary and we are lacking a considerable amount of quality depth there. The potential for immediate playing time, especially at the safety position, is pretty high.

Given the way the SEC is moving offensively, you can never have enough quality defensive backs.

vCash
    Has the Deion Smith ship officially sailed now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Has the Deion Smith ship officially sailed now?
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think you can justify it. We run a 3-3-5 now. We need flexibility in the secondary and we are lacking a considerable amount of quality depth there. The potential for immediate playing time, especially at the safety position, is pretty high.

Given the way the SEC is moving offensively, you can never have enough quality defensive backs.
    Yeah, especially if 1 is a Juco and 1 is a transfer, then 4 high school guys. I think were are going to lose some current DB's on the roster in the offseason.