Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CL5Ri

Buckhaulter highlights. Looks like a really good athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CL5Ri

Buckhaulter highlights. Looks like a really good athlete.
    He is. I think we get him and Smith. Smith was riding the LSU wave but unless they find another freak QB I think he comes here. They are both going to make some wow plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Just watched video on these guys and here is how I think they stand.

1. Smith - Top one for me because he has the most twitch and explosiveness. Not sure how LSU already has him surrounded. Incredible that happens in state. Looks like a 5 star. 99-98 type
    2. Brevard - Almost as good as Smith but not doesn't quite as explosive with his feet. Not quite as dynamic. Mid to high 4 star. 95-97 type
    Minor gap
    Moore - Twitchy and long. Light on feet and fast. Real deep threat. Not sure on physicality. Dynamic though. Almost in same class as Brevard and Smith. 93-94 type
    Gap
    Gap
    Harmon - good but looks like a TE. 90-91 type
    Buckhalter - Solid low 4 star, high 3 type. Good frame and athleticism. Feet are little heavy to be very dynamic. Could be a Derunnya Type. 89-91 type

Would love for someone to disagree with my rankings and tell me why. I just threw these together off watching 5 min of Hudl
    Harmon is a beast. He may be rated a 90-91 for you but if he played at MC he would be one of the most talked about players in the state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Paul says he's not a take for us. I find that shocking. The kid can ball.
    He very well may not be. I dont think he can throw it nearly as well as he is getting credit for. I would take him bc he is a good player dont get me wrong, but I think he is one that is going to be heavy into the drama. I think he ends up at Auburn or UF. He is not typically what Leach is looking for in a QB. And its not bc he is mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He is. I think we get him and Smith. Smith was riding the LSU wave but unless they find another freak QB I think he comes here. They are both going to make some wow plays.
    It would be huge to get him and Isiah Brevard to go along with Buckhaulter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It would be huge to get him and Isiah Brevard to go along with Buckhaulter.
    Rogers knows Smith pretty well they played 7 on 7 together so we have an in. We just need to show we can throw it around and he will come. Hope LSU doesnt find another Burrow. Smith is the real deal though. One of the best I've seen at WR in a while. Probably an early entry NFL guy

vCash
    I think we have a better chance with Brevard than we do with Smith. Still not out of it with Smith though.

vCash
    He very well may not be. I dont think he can throw it nearly as well as he is getting credit for. I would take him bc he is a good player dont get me wrong, but I think he is one that is going to be heavy into the drama. I think he ends up at Auburn or UF. He is not typically what Leach is looking for in a QB. And its not bc he is mobile
    He completed 70% of his passes and rarely throws INTs. He's incredible on the deep ball and throwing on the move. And there's no drama. Jesus...the bullshit on this board. The kid wanted to commit to State. We put him on hold behind Robertson. He's not happy about that now, and he's likely going to commit to Oregon. I don't believe that will stick because it's just too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He completed 70% of his passes and rarely throws INTs. He's incredible on the deep ball and throwing on the move. And there's no drama. Jesus...the bullshit on this board. The kid wanted to commit to State. We put him on hold behind Robertson. He's not happy about that now, and he's likely going to commit to Oregon. I don't believe that will stick because it's just too far.
    So we're back to evaluating QBs by completion %?

You're really going to question Leach on this?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Cooter, just curious, how big of a mountain do we have to climb to get Deion Smith back in the boat? Do you think it will take LSU falling off a bit and us making significant jumps in the passing game? Or do you think if we make a big jump passing wise (without worrying about what LSU does on offense) that will be enough to get him back in the boat? I really really have this crazy dream of pulling off him, Brevard, Moore, Buckhaulter, and one or both of Malik Nabers/Christian Lewis.

Just curious how locked in Smith seems with LSU? With Russell & Selmon both going to be here, was hoping we could continue pulling Provine kids here with Smith.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I understand the want for people on Robertson, but we don't need to let him drag us around well into the fall. Either he commits this summer or you get Keyes. We don't need to play the waiting game and then end up taking a subpar kid cause we waited.

vCash
    Leach said he is not going to fly over a good player to take a similar player from another state. We can infer some things from that statement.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I understand the want for people on Robertson, but we don't need to let him drag us around well into the fall. Either he commits this summer or you get Keyes. We don't need to play the waiting game and then end up taking a subpar kid cause we waited.
    Not many QB's wait to the fall to commit. Most QB's are off the board by early to mid summer.

vCash
    Talking to a Hartfield dad, I would contain the enthusiasm on Burkhaulter. Real effort issues.

vCash
    Having seen Keyes play, really hard to figure out how he is not a take. Strong arm, great mobility, excellent athlete!

vCash
    Keyes is bigger than listed also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not many QB's wait to the fall to commit. Most QB's are off the board by early to mid summer.
    Exactly. If Robertson did that to us we would probably move on pretty quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Talking to a Hartfield dad, I would contain the enthusiasm on Burkhaulter. Real effort issues.
    I'll defer to the evaluations of our staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I'll defer to the evaluations of our staff.
    Correct. Schaefer took a flyer on Daphne White, and she didn’t make it to the Spring semester. I think Leach will be the same. No effort, no spot on the team. If they are talented enough, though, you have to take a chance.

vCash
    And here is one that is sure to make the pro Keyes guys mad. Paul said he was behind Greek as well.
    Last edited by bobcat91; 02-08-2020 at 12:42 AM.