Page 7 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    This wasn’t a big loss at all ... from what I have been told
    Ari, in Leach's PC today, he really only mentioned OL and ILB as spots we're looking at with our last 3 spots. Are we not going after a grad transfer WR or is that only if someone that we can't pass up on going after pops in the portal?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Ari, in Leach's PC today, he really only mentioned OL and ILB as spots we're looking at with our last 3 spots. Are we not going after a grad transfer WR or is that only if someone that we can't pass up on going after pops in the portal?
    He also mentioned immediate impact athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    He also mentioned immediate impact athlete.
    Ahhhhh I missed that. Appreciate it! Was hoping we would look to add an immediate impact WR. Hope some real solid options pop up in the portal after spring ball.

vCash
    I have just been told by a few they would have been ver6 surprised if the kid from Madison would have ever been a impact here..
    I do think we pick up a couple of grad transfers .. and I think they will be players that aren’t in the portal now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I have just been told by a few they would have been ver6 surprised if the kid from Madison would have ever been a impact here..
    I do think we pick up a couple of grad transfers .. and I think they will be players that aren’t in the portal now.
    He's only played o-line for one year. From my understanding Leach like to play two full o-lines and we need bodies. Develop as many as we can and process the rest.

The silver lining to Spencer and Benson not signing is in the short term it allows us to have the two spots open for grad transfers which may help us more next year if we can get the right players in.

Down the road we have the MS JUCO system and we also have the grad transfer portal. And I wouldn't be shocked if Spencer came back at some point unless Marcus Johnson stays a lot longer at Mizzou than I expect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's only played o-line for one year. From my understanding Leach like to play two full o-lines and we need bodies. Develop as many as we can and process the rest.

t.
    I can't imagine that's true. That's an awful strategy.

vCash
    Any leads on any potential WRs entering the transfer portal?

Anyone you realistically hope does?

I notice that Wazzou had 2 JRs get over 500 yards receiving

Davontavean Martin & Renard Bell.

Any chance either of those guys may come?

Martin is from Houma, Louisiana! Bell is from Los Angeles

https://wsucougars.com/sports/footba...an-martin/9707
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Any leads on any potential WRs entering the transfer portal?

Anyone you realistically hope does?

I notice that Wazzou had 2 JRs get over 500 yards receiving

Davontavean Martin & Renard Bell.

Any chance either of those guys may come?

Martin is from Houma, Louisiana! Bell is from Los Angeles

https://wsucougars.com/sports/footba...an-martin/9707
    Idk how realistic it is, but my wish list for who would enter the portal is Marquez Stevenson from Houston.

Absolute burner. Gotta be sub 4.45 forty. Has put up some serious stats even last year without King playing. I've been hoping he'd elect to enter the portal since King left. Dude has elite speed and would be EXACTLY what we need in the slot.

He's from Shreveport, LA. Jason Washington coached him on ST his freshman year at Houston. Holgersen and Leach are pretty good pals. There's 2 solid connections. Add in that he could be a legit NFL prospect if he came here and put up some stats in this offense. Go look him up on YouTube and check his highlights. If he gets the ball with just a sliver of space, he can house it pretty damn quick.

https://youtu.be/XUJU7P85gfE

vCash
    Idk how realistic it is, but my wish list for who would enter the portal is Marquez Stevenson from Houston.

Absolute burner. Gotta be sub 4.45 forty. Has put up some serious stats even last year without King playing. I've been hoping he'd elect to enter the portal since King left. Dude has elite speed and would be EXACTLY what we need in the slot.

He's from Shreveport, LA. Jason Washington coached him on ST his freshman year at Houston. Holgersen and Leach are pretty good pals. There's 2 solid connections. Add in that he could be a legit NFL prospect if he came here and put up some stats in this offense. Go look him up on YouTube and check his highlights. If he gets the ball with just a sliver of space, he can house it pretty damn quick.

https://youtu.be/XUJU7P85gfE
    Stevenson & Big Play Tay would be game changers

vCash
    Stevenson & Big Play Tay would be game changers
    I agree. I've already watched Martin and Bell's highlights on YouTube not long after we hired Leach just looking for some playmakers he might be able to bring with him that have some experience.

Tae Martin would be a solid add. He's shifty and pretty quick and has some speed. Bell has some nice highlights too and I'd take either one but like Tae Martin a little more and like you said, he's from Louisiana so he'd be closer to home.

But without question, I'd have to put Stevenson as my #1 on my wish list of who would enter the portal. He's so damn electric with the ball and I wouldn't be shocked if he scratches the high 4.3's running his forty.

vCash
    We have to find a way to start getting some of these recruits in the South that Oregon is getting.

I understand the Nike money & facilities, but our stadium is bigger & Oregon doesn't win at an elite level or have a huge booster network. Is going 2K miles from home really worth cooler uniforms & a slightly nicer locker room? MSU has even produced far better NFL players.

They signed Benson from Greenville St Joe & the DL from Alabama.

Seems like we should be able to beat them on those guys if we get our stuff together

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We have to find a way to start getting some of these recruits in the South that Oregon is getting.

I understand the Nike money & facilities, but our stadium is bigger & Oregon doesn't win at an elite level or have a huge booster network. Is going 2K miles from home really worth cooler uniforms & a slightly nicer locker room? MSU has even produced far better NFL players.

Seems like we should be able to beat them on those guys if we get our stuff together
    Benson had a chance to be a Dawg & Dillon Johnson best him to the punch. I know you're a big MS guy but I'm not trading Marks for Benson.

vCash

Two guys? Plus Keyes next time? It's not that big a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Two guys? Plus Keyes next time? It's not that big a deal.
    Certainly not a big deal but when we talk about taking the step from being a top 25 recruiter to a top 20 recruiter, these are the guys that could realistically make that difference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I can't imagine that's true. That's an awful strategy.
    What? Playing two offensive lines or developing talent? Both seem like smart strategies to me. The NFL uses eight offensive linemen per game and I'm 100% sure they would use ten if the rosters were larger.

vCash
    Certainly not a big deal but when we talk about taking the step from being a top 25 recruiter to a top 20 recruiter, these are the guys that could realistically make that difference
    We don't need Benson and we've already chosen not to take Keyes. Again, we aren't losing anything when we signed a better RB and passed on a QB for one we wanted more.

vCash
    Any 2021 recruit y’all could see jumping on board soon?

I’m excited about the possibility of Leach being a better recruiter than we thought. While MSU isn’t the easiest place to recruit to, it’s better than Washington State and Texas Tech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We don't need Benson and we've already chosen not to take Keyes. Again, we aren't losing anything when we signed a better RB and passed on a QB for one we wanted more.
    Where are u hearing we have chosen to not
    Pursue Keyes. First I?ve heard of this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Where are u hearing we have chosen to not
    Pursue Keyes. First I?ve heard of this...
    According to 247 he?s not a take

vCash
    So when did Sawyer drop from 6th ranked pro to 10th. Drop in the rankings means a good sign for MSU ***