Page 52 of 136 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    any idea who this might be ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

vCash
    I think it’s just celebrating the fact that they can now contact recruits in the 22 class.

vCash
    Good video on this guy. He's supposed to play guard for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Good video on this guy. He's supposed to play guard for us.
    And has 3 years to play, huge to help with depth as we're still dealing with the poor hs ol recruiting in the 2017 class.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Meh. Not a fan of taking him this early. Similar to the Tre'von Marshall commitment. These are guys you can get last minute if you need to. It's not that I have a problem with the commitment, I just have a problem with the timing

vCash
    We need some defensive players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We need some defensive players.
    Ya damn right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Meh. Not a fan of taking him this early. Similar to the Tre'von Marshall commitment. These are guys you can get last minute if you need to. It's not that I have a problem with the commitment, I just have a problem with the timing
    With the extra year due to Covid, I'm ok with it. Can't see him during the season either. He'll need a year, but he's very athletic. He's sort of the Ducking of the OL.

vCash
    With 17 commitments now and roughly 7 spots left to fill, here's how we need to finish:

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Likely done

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in

OL: 3 committed; 2 more spots-- Caleb Etienne is a prime candidate for one of those spots, so we need to find one more. Wouldn't surprise me if we settle for Jim Riley out of Tishomingo. If you're gonna go the developmental route, might as well go all out.

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots-- we need a DE and an interior guy. Devin Lee is announcing in the near future, so hopefully we get some good news there. If not, I have no idea who we get at DT. I'd hit up Juco hard. Ty Cooper is still available but I don't feel good about him.

LB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- probably looking at a decision between two Juco guys in Deshawn Page and Tavareon Scott. I'm cool with either.

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- Walley is still the ideal candidate for this spot, even with his commitment to Minnesota. But hopefully we don't wait too long to find someone else if he stays committed.

S: 2 committed; 1-2 more spots-- you're looking at three main candidates in Kadarius Calloway, MJ Daniels, and Jardin Gilbert. I think you take 2 of any of these if you can. We're in a good position here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    With 17 commitments now and roughly 7 spots left to fill, here's how we need to finish:

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Likely done

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in

OL: 3 committed; 2 more spots-- Caleb Etienne is a prime candidate for one of those spots, so we need to find one more. Wouldn't surprise me if we settle for Jim Riley out of Tishomingo. If you're gonna go the developmental route, might as well go all out.

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots-- we need a DE and an interior guy. Devin Lee is announcing in the near future, so hopefully we get some good news there. If not, I have no idea who we get at DT. I'd hit up Juco hard. Ty Cooper is still available but I don't feel good about him.

LB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- probably looking at a decision between two Juco guys in Deshawn Page and Tavareon Scott. I'm cool with either.

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- Walley is still the ideal candidate for this spot, even with his commitment to Minnesota. But hopefully we don't wait too long to find someone else if he stays committed.

S: 2 committed; 1-2 more spots-- you're looking at three main candidates in Kadarius Calloway, MJ Daniels, and Jardin Gilbert. I think you take 2 of any of these if you can. We're in a good position here.
    I feel good about most places other than the DL. I have no clue what we're doing in the recruiting at that position.

We need to get Jamond Gordon but for whatever reason lately we can't get good DL to touch us
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I feel good about most places other than the DL. I have no clue what we're doing in the recruiting at that position.

We need to get Jamond Gordon but for whatever reason lately we can't get good DL to touch us
    I'll give Phelps a pass this year due to the circumstances, but next year looks to be a big time crop of DL in-state, and if we miss out on those, then he needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Correct, we seem to have no pull recruiting our best position for the past decade.

vCash
    A big problem is that there are no big time DL in Mississippi. There are usually at least two 4 star or above types, and Cooper is the biggest fish this year. He’d usually be the 5th or 6th best DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    A big problem is that there are no big time DL in Mississippi. There are usually at least two 4 star or above types, and Cooper is the biggest fish this year. He’d usually be the 5th or 6th best DL.
    Exactly. To your point:

1. Fletcher Cox- Yazoo City
    2. Chris Jones- Houston, MS
    3. Jeffrey Simmons- Macon

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. To your point:

1. Fletcher Cox- Yazoo City
    2. Chris Jones- Houston, MS
    3. Jeffrey Simmons- Macon
    To add