Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't think Walley sticks with Minnesota either. That's nothing against them; they're building something very good there. But Minnesota is a LONG way from D'Iberville, MS.

I also don't get the freak out over CB recruiting that I've seen on twitter and other message boards. We signed 2 (count with me, TWO) 4 star CBs last year to go along with a solid prospect in Selmon. We've got a very good commit in Cortez Eatmon. Brendon Toles is a very athletic kid that can play corner if we need him to. There's a false narrative out there that we've struggled with CB recruiting, but that's simply not the case.

No question we need to land Walley, especially with us having his brother on the team. Just let it play out though.
    I agree. The CB recruiting issue isn't an issue at all. And in the end I wouldn't be surprised if Walley flips to us as well.

vCash
    I disagree our CB recruiting has been fine. And CB is huge in today's game.
    I also don't think this staff made some MS kids a priority, including Walley. We've missed on a lot of DBs this year and the last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I disagree our CB recruiting has been fine. And CB is huge in today's game.
    I also don't think this staff made some MS kids a priority, including Walley. We've missed on a lot of DBs this year and the last few years.
    So signing 2 4-star CB’s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don’t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he’ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I’m not saying we haven’t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y’all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what’s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We’ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we’ve got a couple solid CB’s committed this cycle. That’s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven’t made a priority that this staff should have so far?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So signing 2 4-star CB’s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don’t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he’ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I’m not saying we haven’t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y’all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what’s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We’ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we’ve got a couple solid CB’s committed this cycle. That’s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven’t made a priority that this staff should have so far?
    I think his point is under Mullen CB recruiting was not good, and left us thin on upper-classmen. Moorhead seems to have corrected some of that, but we got bit by transfers. We have good, young talent, but not making CB a focus position isn't going to work in today's game.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think his point is under Mullen CB recruiting was not good, and left us thin on upper-classmen. Moorhead seems to have corrected some of that, but we got bit by transfers. We have good, young talent, but not making CB a focus position isn't going to work in today's game.
    Bingo.
    Outside of Williams ( who is prob done here IMO) there are no upperclassmen at CB.
    Cass needs to be ready to go and needs to be good.
    Emerson is a future Pro... he is as good or better than Dantzler at this time in both of their careers
    Forbes and Richardson are going to have to grow up quick. They will take their lumps, but word is the upside of both are huge and
    Sanders could be a surprise and we need him to be. Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulders.. Or have one of the 3 of Reed, Frudge or Kory Charles ( back at CB) give us some good minutes and snaps

We need to get lucky and not have the injury bug hit the Cb spot

And with Walley he has a better chance ending up in Oxford ( which he won’t ) than at Minn...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So signing 2 4-star CB?s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don?t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he?ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I?m not saying we haven?t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y?all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what?s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We?ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we?ve got a couple solid CB?s committed this cycle. That?s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven?t made a priority that this staff should have so far?
    Jones was never really a 4 star CB. He was a 4 star athlete. Eatmon's offers weren't all commitable offers either. He's the 2nd best CB on his team. And we missed on the other one. Toles was a CUSA commit with no big offers. And losing Williams hurts our depth, but he's not done anything impressive since getting here. And I don't expect him back. Let's not pretend we're pulling in top CBs. We've missed on safeties this round too. Hopefully we can pull one at the end.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 08-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This. We've been playing catch up at CB.

vCash
    We also need to pull these last DL guys because we're struggling this round there. Instate is thin but we should be able to recruit DL. Been disappointed to this point.

vCash
    We also need to pull these last DL guys because we're struggling this round there. Instate is thin but we should be able to recruit DL. Been disappointed to this point.
    This has been going along about the way I thought on recruiting defense this cycle. I hope we can land Devon Lee. Supposedly down to us and NC State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This has been going along about the way I thought on recruiting defense this cycle. I hope we can land Devon Lee. Supposedly down to us and NC State.
    Defensive recruiting was going to be a crap shoot this cycle. We have our 3rd staff in essentially 3 years; a DC from the west coast; and a head coach with a rep of not being big on defense. Add to it that we couldn't have camps or go to showcases this summer and it's down year in MS for talent and it becomes a perfect storm in recruiting. It sucks.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere on ED, but Taury Dixon has opted out. Not that it makes much difference, he only has played on special teams since he's been at MSU, but he is a CB. I guess you can't blame them, their last semester paid for, without having to work for it.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    He was moved to WR, wasn’t even playing DB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere on ED, but Taury Dixon has opted out. Not that it makes much difference, he only has played on special teams since he's been at MSU, but he is a CB. I guess you can't blame them, their last semester paid for, without having to work for it.
    I'm beginning to wonder if the players aren't better off by staying on the team ... regular testing, treatment if necessary, and I'm sure the athletes probably have some restrictions (bed check) that would work to their benefit in the long run .... I hope these guys opting out also opt out of bars and frat parties as well
    Question for someone who might know - do they still reside in the athletic dorm and fraternize with the team ? Strength & conditioning workouts ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Has SR said ANYTHING about the out of the blue commitment from Justin Walley to Minnesota? Before the commitment he was saying it was an MSU, Baylor, OM battle but I haven't heard a word from him about what he thought led to him pledging to Minnesota. I agree that he likely doesn't sign there but what is the motivation to commit to a place 1200 miles away from home where you will freeze your butt off and you've never even visited?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Has SR said ANYTHING about the out of the blue commitment from Justin Walley to Minnesota? Before the commitment he was saying it was an MSU, Baylor, OM battle but I haven't heard a word from him about what he thought led to him pledging to Minnesota. I agree that he likely doesn't sign there but what is the motivation to commit to a place 1200 miles away from home where you will freeze your butt off and you've never even visited?
    I think some recruits are getting bad advice from people that they shouldn't trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    and it remains to be seen whether or not Minnesota will even play this year
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Jacoby Jackson?

Former TCU pledge that just de-committed that is getting some reposts from various State people. This something to watch?
    Last edited by Hambone; 08-31-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Grammar and such

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Jacoby Jackson?

Former TCU pledge that just de-committed that is getting some reposts from various State people. This something to watch?
    Nope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Jacoby Jackson?

Baylor trending on the picks
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I'm not sure Taury Dixon was even on scholarship. I think he was a walk-on. He might could start for Millsaps. He ain't good. At all.