Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Typically happens when we get a new staff in place.
    True.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    New official offer to a BIG TIME DL :
    Shambre (Vincent) Jackson

4 ⭐️ ESPN 300 DL
    https://m.facebook.com/vincent.jacks...04948386223786

Wow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    New official offer to a BIG TIME DL :
    Shambre (Vincent) Jackson

4 ⭐️ ESPN 300 DL
    https://m.facebook.com/vincent.jacks...04948386223786

Wow
    No shot at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No shot at all
    this

vCash
    You don’t sign 100% of the players you don’t offer.

vCash
    As of today the Dawgs are 26 based on star average not counting number of commitments

vCash
    Remember the name Kason Boston.. DE from Jackson -Olin
    If football is played in the Bham area this kid could make some noise ..
    We have offered
    You want a possible diamond in the rough .. this could be him . Very raw with great size ( will get bigger ) and athletic
    Would love to get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    You don’t sign 100% of the players you don’t offer.
    Has nothing to do with a kid we've offered who isn't coming here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Remember the name Kason Boston.. DE from Jackson -Olin
    If football is played in the Bham area this kid could make some noise ..
    We have offered
    You want a possible diamond in the rough .. this could be him . Very raw with great size ( will get bigger ) and athletic
    Would love to get him
    Birmingham City has canceled all middle school fall sports. High school still full go. At that size in his region, he's got a chance to show out and get noticed. He will play teams like Pinson Valley (Bo Nix's high school and perennial 6A contender), Minor High School, Clay Chalkville, and they also have a game against Calera, who had a couple D1 talents last year.

AHSAA has been adamant that we are playing this year and starting on time. They haven't backed down at all from that. All our high schools have games starting next Friday.

vCash

MJ Daniels

https://twitter.com/mjdaniels11/stat...195218432?s=21

Made the top 4, didn?t we get left off the top 6?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydawg View Post
    https://twitter.com/mjdaniels11/stat...195218432?s=21

Made the top 4, didn?t we get left off the top 6?
    Don't get too excited.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Don't get too excited.
    I'm not saying we get him but we're in it way more than people realize.

vCash
    Walley commits to Minnesota but won't sign there.

Not even worth discussing
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think some of these kids have figured out doing this just generates a bunch of attention and they eat it up. Like Daniels putting Indiana is his first top 5 or whatever

vCash
    I don't think Walley sticks with Minnesota either. That's nothing against them; they're building something very good there. But Minnesota is a LONG way from D'Iberville, MS.

I also don't get the freak out over CB recruiting that I've seen on twitter and other message boards. We signed 2 (count with me, TWO) 4 star CBs last year to go along with a solid prospect in Selmon. We've got a very good commit in Cortez Eatmon. Brendon Toles is a very athletic kid that can play corner if we need him to. There's a false narrative out there that we've struggled with CB recruiting, but that's simply not the case.

No question we need to land Walley, especially with us having his brother on the team. Just let it play out though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't think Walley sticks with Minnesota either. That's nothing against them; they're building something very good there. But Minnesota is a LONG way from D'Iberville, MS.

I also don't get the freak out over CB recruiting that I've seen on twitter and other message boards. We signed 2 (count with me, TWO) 4 star CBs last year to go along with a solid prospect in Selmon. We've got a very good commit in Cortez Eatmon. Brendon Toles is a very athletic kid that can play corner if we need him to. There's a false narrative out there that we've struggled with CB recruiting, but that's simply not the case.

No question we need to land Walley, especially with us having his brother on the team. Just let it play out though.
    Eh corners are getting way more important in the SEC. it?s definitely fair to be concerned. We have nothing there now and essentially hoping true freshmen pan out this year. Last year was good but need consistency there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

CB recruiting hasn't been bad.

However, losing Jarrian & Tyler Williams for the season has made it a hole on the roster & thus something people that don't know what they're talking about say in a recruiting problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Eh corners are getting way more important in the SEC. it?s definitely fair to be concerned. We have nothing there now and essentially hoping true freshmen pan out this year. Last year was good but need consistency there
    But that's not due to recruiting, it's due to Tyler Williams, Jarrian Jones, & Dantzler leaving early. The position has see a max exodus of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    But that's not due to recruiting, it's due to Tyler Williams, Jarrian Jones, & Dantzler leaving early. The position has see a max exodus of talent.
    I mean yeah. That's the point, there's valid reason to be concerned about CB recruiting this year. We have nothing there. Nobody is going to throw on us less because we had 3 guys lead the team, but we recruited there well the past few years. I think we have 2 committed now, I wouldn't hate taking 4 and you hope one of those is the low 4 star kind at least.

vCash
    CB is injury prone position and everyone is throwing it more and more. We need Walley in this class. Also need better depth at CB. That said, Minnesota makes zero sense right now. They aren't even playing football.