Page 48 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't care how many years he's coached, recruiting in the SEC in football is just a different animal. He did spend 2 years as OC at KY over 20 years ago but I doubt he was even involved much in recruiting at that time there as an OC.
    Well with Nabers, Knox and Robertson... Leach and the boys have already pulled 3 4 stars from other states. If they build on that and with the 2022 class in state looking to be much deeper with talent we will be just fine ...

vCash
    Don’t be surprised if we get another commit in the next few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Going out on a limb there, eh...

vCash
    you must really have some good sources

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well with Nabers, Knox and Robertson... Leach and the boys have already pulled 3 4 stars from other states. If they build on that and with the 2022 class in state looking to be much deeper with talent we will be just fine ...
    My point was really focused on taking a commitment this early from an out-of-state DE prospect in SEC country that has no P5 offers yet. We just sort of helped put the spotlight on him and if we expect him to raise his profile significantly we are going to have to try and hold a GA kid even if GA, TN, FL, etc. come offering. We already lost a commitment over there to Miami as soon as they offered. I'm not nearly as worried about a Mike Leach offense holding QB and WR commitments.

vCash
    My point was really focused on taking a commitment this early from an out-of-state DE prospect in SEC country that has no P5 offers yet. We just sort of helped put the spotlight on him and if we expect him to raise his profile significantly we are going to have to try and hold a GA kid even if GA, TN, FL, etc. come offering. We already lost a commitment over there to Miami as soon as they offered. I'm not nearly as worried about a Mike Leach offense holding QB and WR commitments.
    This is a losers mentality. Go find the guys we want, if they are worth taking a commitment from, take it. If they flip, go find another. It's not the players you don't get that determine your success, it's the players you do get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    This is a losers mentality. Go find the guys we want, if they are worth taking a commitment from, take it. If they flip, go find another. It's not the players you don't get that determine your success, it's the players you do get.
    +1
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Yeah it has bitten us in the ass before, like with Chris Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Hopefully this guy sticks and we sign a good prospect. I certainly hope that turns out to be the case. But comparing the situation with a random recruit over in GA with a guy from Houston, MS is apples and oranges.

vCash
    Hopefully this guy sticks and we sign a good prospect. I certainly hope that turns out to be the case. But comparing the situation with a random recruit over in GA with a guy from Houston, MS is apples and oranges.
    Like Preston Smith?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Like Preston Smith?
    If Marshall ends up with the same offer sheet that Preston Smith had then we will have no issues holding him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    How so? Yes, he recruiting process was dramatic but he still ended up a Bulldog and I'm not even sure if he ever really de-committed or not I can't remember.

If that's biting us in the ass I'm bending over.

vCash
    And I'll add this- I bet the majority of our guys that flip are out of state guys offered by their home state school or another out of state SEC school that has a connection to the player like the guy that was from Louisiana that went to Arkansas.

vCash
    I don't care how many years he's coached, recruiting in the SEC in football is just a different animal. He did spend 2 years as OC at KY over 20 years ago but I doubt he was even involved much in recruiting at that time there as an OC.
    Why would an OC not be involved Much with recruiting? You do realize he has recruited heavily against Texas, OU, Oregon and USC since?? You do realize one of our main recruiters is Steve spurrier son? I think they have it handled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why would an OC not be involved Much with recruiting? You do realize he has recruited heavily against Texas, OU, Oregon and USC since?? You do realize one of our main recruiters is Steve spurrier son? I think they have it handled.
    Besides the fact that Leach is not a guy who loves recruiting, its fairly standard at most schools that the OC and DC aren't the guys that have a lot of responsibility in the recruiting process. That normally falls much more on the position coaches.

vCash
    Brendan Toles to State. This was what I referred to the other day.

vCash
    Brendan Toles to State. This was what I referred to the other day.
    So what?s the deal with him? 2 star on 247 is he just bad underrated? Wonder how many WR we?re taking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    So what?s the deal with him? 2 star on 247 is he just bad underrated? Wonder how many WR we?re taking
    I think he’s underrated. Runs really fast. He’s a CB for us though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    He was recruited as a cornerback. He's in the same position as many kids this year there was no spring evaluation or summer camps, so no good opportunity for evaluation by the rating services. I think I read somewhere, maybe 247, he's pretty fast, 4.4-4.6 range.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Supposedly ran a 4.39 in Vicksburg.