Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm not so sure this kid doesn't turn into a 4 star
    He may. I'm saying his name or rating right now isn't going to scare off other big time QB's.

vCash
    Greek is a great get for Leach. Very undervalued with a very high ceiling. May well end up as a high 3* or 4* star when it's over. Like someone said on the general discussion board, if Leach and Cutcliffe want him, that's good enough for me. Welcome to the family, Mr. Greek!

vCash
    For those that have watched film on him, I would be interested to get some opinion on why he's currently ranked where he is.

Rankings mean something, but this early in the game they also don't matter to a degree. Would be interested in an opinion of why he's at where he is.

vCash
    The separation between high 3 and almost all 4 star players is minimal at best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    For those that have watched film on him, I would be interested to get some opinion on why he's currently ranked where he is.

Rankings mean something, but this early in the game they also don't matter to a degree. Would be interested in an opinion of why he's at where he is.
    I'd say he's a high 3 star. Accuracy is a little bit of a concern. But lots to work with.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'd say he's a high 3 star. Accuracy is a little bit of a concern. But lots to work with.
    Accuracy was good his Soph year. He had an arm injury last year that attributed to his drop in accuracy. I'll be interested to see how he looks at camps this spring & summer going into his Sr season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Accuracy was good his Soph year. He had an arm injury last year that attributed to his drop in accuracy. I'll be interested to see how he looks at camps this spring & summer going into his Sr season.
    And there you go. Sometimes things like injuries have to be taken into account that don't show up in the box score.

vCash
    Just my take but
    The LEAST of my worries going forward in football recurring with CML here is the QB position. He could be a walkon or 5*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

MetEd my guess at least partially is that he plays at a private school and the rankers will discount him because of that without looking further at his measurable's and his films. That why coaches do their own evaluations.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    What accuracy issues did you see on his film?

To me that was his biggest strength?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

He's never completed better than 62% in a season. He didn't perform well at camps and has a lot of INTs. And I'm not criticizing him. Just stating the obvious. I'm glad we got him.

vCash

Just curious, do you stick with your theory that coach's kids are over ranked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just my take but
    The LEAST of my worries going forward in football recurring with CML here is the QB position. He could be a walkon or 5*
    Same with wide receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just curious, do you stick with your theory that coach's kids are over ranked?
    I think they usually are, but it's not a hard, fast rule. Usually depends on the notoriety of the coach. The more notable, usually the more they are overrated

vCash
    He's never completed better than 62% in a season. He didn't perform well at camps and has a lot of INTs. And I'm not criticizing him. Just stating the obvious. I'm glad we got him.
    So it's obvious that because he had a 62% completion % & threw some INTs, that he's inaccurate?

I'm not following? Did you watch the film?

Aren't you an outstanding evaluator*

vCash
    So it's obvious that because he had a 62% completion % & threw some INTs, that he's inaccurate?

High school stats are mostly meaningless for most sports. Most SEC athletes dominate when they are in high school. You have to evaluate skill set.

vCash

Film won't show you the misses. Just the highlights. He had poor showings at camps too. Again, completion percentage and INTs.
    How much of that was injury related is the question. I'm with the others, if Leach and Cut like him, he can't be bad. But is he the top guy for them? Doubtful.

vCash
    Great so we have our ?official 2021 thread? and it?s already three pages long just on one player......

Gonna be a long ass thread. Question Shotgun, do you have an alarm set to ring every time someone replies to something you say? One and a half pages of this is thread is you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Great so we have our ?official 2021 thread? and it?s already three pages long just on one player......

Gonna be a long ass thread. Question Shotgun, do you have an alarm set to ring every time someone replies to something you say? One and a half pages of this is thread is you!
    Well..... it wasn't supposed to be THE recruiting thread when I first posted it.

It was just a normal post where we were discussing the QBs & then they just pinned it to be the recruiting thread.

Sorry I post so much & to be a hindrance to you

vCash
    I understand. When they updated the board they took away who started a thread. Normally I just skip yours but now I have to gamble when I click on a link. It just sucks this is the recruiting thread now.