Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    You could also argue that the previous year was the best recruiting class the state of Mississippi ever had, and he managed to let most of the big fish go out of state with OM under probation. There's no doubt Joe tried harder than Mullen and his staff. They put way more effort into it. But other than landing a few prospects that Mullen wouldn't have, I don't think it made that much of a difference. We're always going to recruit in the 20-30 range. I expect the same with Leach unless we just start taking the West by storm, which isn't impossible I guess
    It's really hard to figure since Mullen would have been on some different recruits. Mullen definitely doesn't sign Shrader, Marks, probably not Cross and several others that Joe was on, so that could mean that Mullen could have signed top 30ish, or in the best case, around the same, or....he could have shit the bed in the rankings. Joe is more likable to kids so he was a better recruiter of the more sought after prospects than Mullen. Mullen's claim to fame is finding players that will optimize his system, regardless of rating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Na. Moorhead's 3 classes are ranked higher than Mullen's first 3 classes.
    That first one was Mullen's.

vCash
    Nussmier just committed to LSU.

He's a 91 on 247 and Robertson is a 93.

Let's see how quickly 247 bumps him above Robertson.

I'm guessing less than a week and keep in mind that there is no actual football to base that off of.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    After another 4 star commitment today, Tennessee now has the #1 recruiting class in the SEC.

Doesn't add up one bit. A head coach that can barely speak English is now selling himself & the program better than anyone else?

I realize Tennessee has recruited fairly well, even when bad, but this is an abnormality. Obviously something is going on.

vCash
    Will be totally different story for them once these kids are allowed to visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    After another 4 star commitment today, Tennessee now has the #1 recruiting class in the SEC.

Doesn't add up one bit. A head coach that can barely speak English is now selling himself & the program better than anyone else?

I realize Tennessee has recruited fairly well, even when bad, but this is an abnormality. Obviously something is going on.
    They got tired.

vCash
    Nussmier just committed to LSU.

He's a 91 on 247 and Robertson is a 93.

Let's see how quickly 247 bumps him above Robertson.

I'm guessing less than a week and keep in mind that there is no actual football to base that off of.
    Nussmier will end up 95-97 just on general principle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Nussmier will end up 95-97 just on general principle.
    What do you mean?

Nuss is a 95 composite but only a 91 by 247. Robertson is a 93 by 247

vCash
    What do you mean?

Nuss is a 95 composite but only a 91 by 247. Robertson is a 93 by 247
    Because he's committed to LSU.

vCash
    We just got a commitment from a punter, Marshall Nichols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We just got a commitment from a punter, Marshall Nichols.
    PWO

vCash
    Do you guys think Kiffin is all in at Ole Miss?

I have to admit, I & I am guessing most Ole Miss fans expected him to be far more "aggre$$ive" on the recruiting trail to this point than he has been?

I think most Ole Miss fans thought they were getting Freeze 2.0 after the way Kiffin recruited at Tennessee, but thus far he hasn't shown that level of aggre$$iveness.

Just curious why you think that is?

Is it because they are still in the repeat violator window?

Is Lane trying to stay clean & get out of Oxford as quickly as possible?

Or is their lack of NFL draft success & winning just causing a lack of interest?

I have to admit that I'm kind of paying attention for when they are going to go "all in" but I haven't seen it yet.

Any thoughts here?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-08-2020 at 10:04 AM.

vCash

I have to admit, I & I am guessing most Ole Miss fans expected him to be far more "aggre$$ive" on the recruiting trail to this point than he has been?

I think most Ole Miss fans thought they were getting Freeze 2.0 after the way Kiffin recruited at Tennessee, but thus far he hasn't shown that level of aggre$$iveness.

Or is their lack of NFL draft success & winning just causing a lack of interest?

I have to admit that I'm kind of paying attention for when they are going to go "all in" but I haven't seen it yet.

Any thoughts here?
    I think Kiffin plans on bolting as soon as a big job in Cali or Florida opens up. I think he gets them back to a bowl game, and then gets tf out of dodge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think Kiffin plans on bolting as soon as a big job in Cali or Florida opens up. I think he gets them back to a bowl game, and then gets tf out of dodge
    His initial actions at Ole Miss lead me to believe the same.

The thing that made Freeze so aggressive at Ole Miss IMO is that he was all in because OM was his dream job & he really was willing to sacrifice his career to win there because he completely owed OM for giving him a career in the first place.

It's just interesting. I expected a different Kiffin than what we've seen so far.

vCash
    His initial actions at Ole Miss lead me to believe the same.

The thing that made Freeze so aggressive at Ole Miss IMO is that he was all in because OM was his dream job & he really was willing to sacrifice his career to win there because he completely owed OM for giving him a career in the first place.

It's just interesting. I expected a different Kiffin than what we've seen so far.
    Yeah, they thought they were getting Freeze 2.0, but Kiffin has no loyalty to Mississippi and isn't a fake preacher, so they're in for a rude awakening. He'll recruit decently and may win a little, but ultimately, this is a transition job for him.

vCash

Any thoughts here?
    No Ed Orgeron recruiting for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No Ed Orgeron recruiting for him.
    This may be completely true. Lane did recruit at Bama though & they are as bad as anyone on the recruiting trail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That first one was Mullen's.
    And Mullen's first one was Croom's. If you take the first class out of it the scale tips even more to Joe.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    And Mullen's first one was Croom's. If you take the first class out of it the scale tips even more to Joe.
    Not nearly as much as if effects a coach with only a couple classes. Moorhead was never a great recruiter. Dan straight sucked at it. Their recruiting results were similar.

vCash
    This may be completely true. Lane did recruit at Bama though & they are as bad as anyone on the recruiting trail.
    I wonder how much he really recruited at Alabama though? It's not like there was a noticeable difference in their recruiting good or bad when he was there. I would imagine that he mainly focused on QB recruiting when he was there.