Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Those are who more football-knowledgeable and know more about the in-state '21 class, where does Buckhaulter rank among the in-state WR crop? He Tweeted out he's coming for an unofficial tomorrow. OM commit. Do we have a shot with him, how does he compare to Brevard/Smith/Harmon/Moore/etc.? Good sized kid at 6'3" 195 lbs.
    Just watched video on these guys and here is how I think they stand.

1. Smith - Top one for me because he has the most twitch and explosiveness. Not sure how LSU already has him surrounded. Incredible that happens in state. Looks like a 5 star. 99-98 type
    2. Brevard - Almost as good as Smith but not doesn't quite as explosive with his feet. Not quite as dynamic. Mid to high 4 star. 95-97 type
    Minor gap
    Moore - Twitchy and long. Light on feet and fast. Real deep threat. Not sure on physicality. Dynamic though. Almost in same class as Brevard and Smith. 93-94 type
    Gap
    Gap
    Harmon - good but looks like a TE. 90-91 type
    Buckhalter - Solid low 4 star, high 3 type. Good frame and athleticism. Feet are little heavy to be very dynamic. Could be a Derunnya Type. 89-91 type

Would love for someone to disagree with my rankings and tell me why. I just threw these together off watching 5 min of Hudl
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-31-2020 at 01:22 PM.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Smith has been an LSU fan his whole life. His dad coaches and had always had him at camps and 7v7s and has done well at getting his son and other kids at Holmes County Central in front of college coaches.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Smith has been an LSU fan his whole life. His dad coaches and had always had him at camps and 7v7s and has done well at getting his son and other kids at Holmes County Central in front of college coaches.
    You're thinking of Rogers from Holmes County Central not Smith. Smith is from Provine.

vCash
    Pull 2 of Brevard, Smith, Moore, and Harmon and it's a win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That'd be a hell of a pull. Hopefully we can make Smith reconsider because I personally like him the most out of the group. But Brevard & Moore sound like a real possibility and that'd be awesome. Smith would be icing on the cake and then add an OOS kid or 2.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    That'd be a hell of a pull. Hopefully we can make Smith reconsider because I personally like him the most out of the group. But Brevard & Moore sound like a real possibility and that'd be awesome. Smith would be icing on the cake and then add an OOS kid or 2.
    Brevard and Moore would be our best WR class ever

If we got Smith with at least one of Moore or Brevard along with the right QB, and we'd have a chance to be elite
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think that's definitely doable I almost want to say expected but I won't go that far right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think that's definitely doable I almost want to say expected but I won't go that far right now.
    I think Moore is ours as long as we want him. Just need to convince Smith to flip back or get Brevard on board

vCash
    Paul saying we flipped WR Brandon Buckhaulter from tsun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Paul saying we flipped WR Brandon Buckhaulter from tsun.
    Good pull. Let's go get Brevard and Moore and air it out. Hell convince Smith to come back too

vCash
    Looks like Greek also committed. 2 QB class.

Greek is the one that looks like Peyton Manning to me.

We're about to recruit Texas the best we ever have.

vCash
    Good pull. Let's go get Brevard and Moore and air it out. Hell convince Smith to come back too
    Smith and Brevard gives us playoff caliber weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Looks like Greek also committed. 2 QB class.

Greek is the one that looks like Peyton Manning to me.

We're about to recruit Texas the best we ever have.
    Hard for me to question Leach and QBs, but I would've thought we'd have waited and weighed our options a little more with such good options available. Probably a 2 QB class, but I hope already having a QB committed doesn't hurt our chances with Keyes or Sawyer Robertson. Still, Greek is solid, and like I said, Leach knows what he's doing with QBs so it's hard for me to question it too much.

vCash
    Could you imagine trying to guard them 4 at once going out in a pattern.....

vCash
    Could you imagine trying to guard them 4 at once going out in a pattern.....
    Along with Tulu in the slot. Man

vCash
    Hard for me to question Leach and QBs, but I would've thought we'd have waited and weighed our options a little more with such good options available. Probably a 2 QB class, but I hope already having a QB committed doesn't hurt our chances with Keyes or Sawyer Robertson. Still, Greek is solid, and like I said, Leach knows what he's doing with QBs so it's hard for me to question it too much.
    We're taking 2 QB's & I don't see a big time QB being scared away by Greek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We're taking 2 QB's & I don't see a big time QB being scared away by Greek.
    Exactly. In a 2 QB class rarely do you see it being 2 4 stars, even at Bama.

vCash
    Jimmy the Greek just committed

Kid is accurate as hell & has a great frame. Not sure how he's only ranked an 84*

BTW, I think Leach is going to kill it at MSU. While I suspected it, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well receive Leach has been both in-state & in Texas.

I think there are many Texas HS kid's who parent's see Leach as their hero, legend coach guy.

Personally I'm beginning to think Leach is the perfect fit for us. He's clearly going to expand our recruiting footprint, & honestly, I believe if you gave Leach & Mullen the same players, Leach wins that game 7 out of 10 times.

This is going to be fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Jimmy the Greek just committed

Kid is accurate as hell & has a great frame. Not sure how he's only ranked an 84*

BTW, I think Leach is going to kill it at MSU. While I suspected it, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well receive Leach has been both in-state & in Texas.

I think there are many Texas HS kid's who parent's see Leach as their hero, legend coach guy.

Personally I'm beginning to think Leach is the perfect fit for us. He's clearly going to expand our recruiting footprint, & honestly, I believe if you gave Leach & Mullen the same players, Leach wins that game 7 out of 10 times.

This is going to be fun

Kid literally looks like the spawn of Kyle York

[tweet2]1223984590546767874[/tweet2]

vCash
    Exactly. In a 2 QB class rarely do you see it being 2 4 stars, even at Bama.
    I'm not so sure this kid doesn't turn into a 4 star