Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Yeah, what?s the story? Why are we not pushing this kid?
    Maybe they like others better. Maybe Brevard like others better. He said he went with the schools that made him feel most wanted. The way this staff has attacked recruiting if they didn't push its not because they're lazy.

vCash
    Brevard CB'd to Oregon by D.Warren. Regardless of where he signs, they have become sort of a staple in Miss recruiting in the last few years. I find it a little embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Brevard CB'd to Oregon by D.Warren. Regardless of where he signs, they have become sort of a staple in Miss recruiting in the last few years. I find it a little embarrassing.
    They've signed 1 MS kid in the last 10 years. Trey Benson RB last year & we signed 2 RB rated higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Well Brevard just dropped his top 10 and we are not on it.
    Brevard is slow. Pull up the film.

I'm not sure how hard we've recruited him.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    They've become a national program because of their ties to Nike.

And honestly- it's a pretty nice place if you like the outdoors. Not sure how many of these football recruits like mountain climbing but...

Also I think a lot of players like their uniforms.

vCash
    One of the most piss poor statements I've ever seen on here.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Brevard is slow. Pull up the film.

I'm not sure how hard we've recruited him.
    Brevard ran a 4.68 40.

He'll be a 3 star in time.

Yes he's big, but in Leach's offense, he doesn't want the QB to throw to a covered guy. He wants fast guys that get separation

vCash
    Brevard ran a 4.68 40.

He'll be a 3 star in time.

Yes he's big, but in Leach's offense, he doesn't want the QB to throw to a covered guy. He wants fast guys that get separation
    I don't think he falls to a 3* but he's a lower 4* not a mid to high 4* kid. The kid can play he's just not a can't miss guy. There's only 1 can't miss instate this year imo & that's Deion Smith.

vCash
    They really have hit been hitting Alabama harder. Signed 2 of the Top 15 from Alabama in 2020 and 2 of the Top 25 in 2019.

They are hitting the south harder but not MS as much. In the last 2 recruiting cycles Oregon has signed a total of 14 kids from SEC states. That's about a 30% rate of all the kids they sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    They really have hit been hitting Alabama harder. Signed 2 of the Top 15 from Alabama in 2020 and 2 of the Top 25 in 2019.

They are hitting the south harder but not MS as much. In the last 2 recruiting cycles Oregon has signed a total of 14 kids from SEC states. That's about a 30% rate of all the kids they sign.
    Cristobal came from Bama he knows this region well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't think he falls to a 3* but he's a lower 4* not a mid to high 4* kid. The kid can play he's just not a can't miss guy. There's only 1 can't miss instate this year imo & that's Deion Smith.
    How can a WR that runs a 4.68 be a 4 star? That 40 time means he has virtually no chance of being an NFL player

We've got to find a way to get Smith.

The fact that he's committed to us before is key IMO as it means that he at least likes MSU & has interest.

Hopefully LSU's offense takes a big step back & Smith sees the light

In the same way that we trust Leach with QBs, we're going to have to trust him with WRs as well. When you think back at all of Leach's best WRs, they are all quick. Not necissarily straight line fast, but quick.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-22-2020 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    How can a WR that runs a 4.68 be a 4 star? That 40 time means he has virtually no chance of being an NFL player

We've got to find a way to get Smith.

The fact that he's committed to us before is key IMO as it means that he at least likes MSU & has interest.

Hopefully LSU's offense takes a big step back & Smith sees the light

In the same way that we trust Leach with QBs, we're going to have to trust him with WRs as well. When you think back at all of Leach's best WRs, they are all quick. Not necissarily straight line fast, but quick.
    Well considering he ran a 4.68 as a Soph in HS I think he has time to improve his 40. Jordan jefferson ran a 4.88 in HS.

Just have to keep getting Deion on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Cristobal came from Bama he knows this region well.
    Exactly. So far he hasn't really eaten into any of the top tier talent in the state that Alabama truly wants. The two he got this past year were Ashford the QB formerly committed to OM and Jones who was an Alabama commit that they offered a gray shirt to.

Cristobal is having to come down here because other than California there isn't a lot of top tier talent around him geographically. So his southern connections are really helping them fill their classes out with some solid kids. Hopefully he can find a way to chip away at some of the talent in AL that Bama and Auburn go after.

vCash

Deion Smith ran a 4.61 a year ago. I'd venture to say that it's not indicative of his ability. Most HS kids don't know how to run 40s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Deion Smith ran a 4.61 a year ago. I'd venture to say that it's not indicative of his ability. Most HS kids don't know how to run 40s.
    Pull up Brevard's video. He clearly doesn't have the life in his body that Smith & Johnson have.

vCash
    We are on and in play for a number of very solid WR .. we are going to be fine in the WR recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Never?

Rice, Moulds, Bumphis, AJ Brown, Metcalf...
    Espy, Jr. Come on Todd you being from MC should remember him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    One of the most piss poor statements I've ever seen on here.
    Welcome to ED.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They've become a national program because of their ties to Nike.

And honestly- it's a pretty nice place if you like the outdoors. Not sure how many of these football recruits like mountain climbing but...

Also I think a lot of players like their uniforms.
    All that Oregon stuff is bound to be overrated. The outdoors are great in a lot of places.

vCash
    All that Oregon stuff is bound to be overrated. The outdoors are great in a lot of places.
    These kids aren't going to Oregon for the outdoors. They're going to play football. They have top 3 facilities in the country with endless Nike gear. If you don't think that helps go check out Leach's video when he landed on the plane & see what 1 of the 1st questions the players asked him. Also they're a winning program with 1 of the best recruiters in the country leading the program. Cristobal is a Orgeron level recruiter without the Cajun ties.