Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We gonna drop Greek?
    Wouldn't bother me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Indeed. This staff is recruiting better than I think anyone could've imagined.
    Yes! They have been a lot better than I anticipated.

Of course Dan was pretty bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Wouldn't bother me.
    Oh me either. We already have a highly rated guy from TX that can help pull some of their WRs, so I'd love for us to get Keyes too so that he can help with some of the in-state receivers. I know he's tight with some of them.

vCash
    Oh me either. We already have a highly rated guy from TX that can help pull some of their WRs, so I'd love for us to get Keyes too so that he can help with some of the in-state receivers. I know he's tight with some of them.
    As long as it doesn't effect Robertson I'm good with it.

Also would say something about Key's willingness to compete.

This would be wild if we got Keys as well. Just absolutely wild to have type of QB competition on campus

And for Keys, I does kind of make some sense. Even if you aren't the #1 QB in the class, you get to go to the school you wanted to &, if Leach really is the best QB developer possibly in the history of college football, then go be developed by him for a few years, see where things stand, & then if you need to transfer, after being coached by Leach for 2/3 years, I'm sure you'll have plenty of options.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-11-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    As long as it doesn't effect Robertson I'm good with it.

Also would say something about Key's willingness to compete.

This would be wild if we got Keys as well. Just absolutely wild to have type of QB competition on campus

And for Keys, I does kind of make some sense. Even if you aren't the #1 QB in the class, you get to go to the school you wanted to &, if Leach really is the best QB developer possibly in the history of college football, then go be developed by him for a few years, see where things stand, & then if you need to transfer, after being coached by Leach for 2/3 years, I'm sure you'll have plenty of options.
    I don't see why it would. Leach likes to use experienced QB's. Redshirt Keys and play Sawyer and let both develop.

Leach doesn't like to play QB's before their junior year.

vCash
    I think our philosophy needs to be to see what's in Mississippi recruit those best players. And then fill in the holes with out of state players. Like d-line this year.

Mississippi is a small state but has a lot of football talent and athleticism that can be developed. But because it's small what we produce at position groups is inconsistent. You may have a bunch of WR's one year and then not very many for two.

vCash
    I don't see why it would. Leach likes to use experienced QB's. Redshirt Keys and play Sawyer and let both develop.

Leach doesn't like to play QB's before their junior year.
    How you handle that situation will likely depend on what becomes of Garrett Shrader.

Does he thrive in Leach's system?

Does he transfer?

If Shrader thrives, then you've got a back log of Shrader, Roberts, Robertson, Keys, Vandy QB transfer, & maybe Greek.

That too many guys.

If Shrader transfers, then that really opens up the competition.

vCash
    How you handle that situation will likely depend on what becomes of Garrett Shrader.

Does he transfer?

If Shrader thrives, then you've got a back log of Shrader, Roberts, Robertson, Keys, Vandy QB transfer, & maybe Greek.

That too many guys.

AMAZING ?problem? to have!!!

vCash
    I think our philosophy needs to be to see what's in Mississippi recruit those best players. And then fill in the holes with out of state players. Like d-line this year.

Mississippi is a small state but has a lot of football talent and athleticism that can be developed. But because it's small what we produce at position groups is inconsistent. You may have a bunch of WR's one year and then not very many for two.
    I hear you, but Mississippi has never consistently produced great WRs & QBs.

You can't win big in the SEC by prioritizing Mississippi at those positions. You can't pass on Robertson ever.

Robertson may be a better pure passer than anyone Mississippi produced Romero Miller or Fant. You can't pass on that.

vCash
    When it comes to QB's, whatever Leach wants to do I'm on board, even if it meant something crazy like signing 3 high school QB's in the same class. He is the pirate after aaarrggh.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    This offensive system will recruit itself. QBs and WRs will be drawn to it. How we recruit defensively will determine how successful we are. Leach and Co. haven't fared so well in that area in the past, but he was in Lubbock, Texas (where he had a couple of good defenses) and Pullman (which is.. well in the middle of nowhere). Being in the southeast will give him access to the best athletes in the country. I just hope we can continue our success on the defensive line. We need a Nathan Pickering every year or so.

vCash

Does he transfer?

That too many guys.

I think Shrader ends up transferring eventually. That QB room is getting crowded very quickly.

vCash
    I hear you, but Mississippi has never consistently produced great WRs & QBs.

You can't win big in the SEC by prioritizing Mississippi at those positions. You can't pass on Robertson ever.

Robertson may be a better pure passer than anyone Mississippi produced Romero Miller or Fant. You can't pass on that.
    Never?

Rice, Moulds, Bumphis, AJ Brown, Metcalf...

vCash
    I think Shrader ends up transferring eventually. That QB room is getting crowded very quickly.
    I think he may fit Leach's system well. Like I said Leach likes veterans and I think Shrader has a decent football IQ and a good arm. He's also fairly accurate.

vCash
    Honest question... if the system is so easy to learn, why does it take the qb until his junior year to run it? (Well, Leach’s preference)

Not being negative what so ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Honest question... if the system is so easy to learn, why does it take the qb until his junior year to run it? (Well, Leach’s preference)

Not being negative what so ever.
    I don't think it's a "not knowing the offense" thing as much as it is a maturity thing. It's one thing to know the playbook and it's another to "hey I can the the ball across my body in the middle of the field and complete it against Alabama because I did it to Madison Central when I was in high school."

vCash
    I think he may fit Leach's system well. Like I said Leach likes veterans and I think Shrader has a decent football IQ and a good arm. He's also fairly accurate.
    I agree. I think Shrader is a good QB and will do well under Leach.

vCash
    What’s the percentage we get Keyes right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree. I think Shrader is a good QB and will do well under Leach.
    I agree

However, one thing is for sure though... He's going to have to beat out some ballers to play

vCash
    Never?

Rice, Moulds, Bumphis, AJ Brown, Metcalf...
    Maybe I used the wrong word in "Great"

The state doesn't produce enough polish on a consistent basis.

Too many Stone hands types lack the polish to be consistent.

Texas produce those guys in droves.

We have to spread around our WR recruiting with the right mix of polish & upside.