Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Maybe not, but as far as some of JWS teams, we had some badass players!
    Jackie didn't miss on players like N. Strong. He thought being physical was the way to go at MSU. I remember he would say all the time that you didn't want to get in a track meet with the Florida's of the conference. He also talked about being able to get recruits to commit without asking them for the commitment. He was the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I've come to seriously hate recruiting, but that said, I certainly don't lose any sleep over it. continue to say that college football is the WORST major sport out there as an overall product because its the only major sport (even including other college sports) that has such a lack of overall competitiveness. The separation in talent from the top 7 to 8 programs and everyone else is to the point that I realize, no matter what we do in recruiting, all we are really trying to achieve in the end is to get a slightly better bowl game.
    It really is sad that this is true. The sport may be popular(it's going down for me some) but the system we have now is not is going to make the sport grow. When 6-8 teams are the only ones that have a chance and the NCAA picks and chooses whose throat they want to put their foot on(penalties and sanctions) then we have a system that won't grow or attract more people. If the NCAA really had teeth and created a level playing field, I would enjoy watching this sport a whole lot more knowing that it was our coaches fault or players didnt work hard enough in the off season, not that we suck because we lost out on good players because we don't have the right "network" to scheme, plot and deceive our way to good players in order to win. Screw your NCAA, you worthless, toothless, nutsacks of an organization!! Sorry. Back to my glass of wine.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    It really is sad that this is true. The sport may be popular(it's going down for me some) but the system we have now is not is going to make the sport grow. When 6-8 teams are the only ones that have a chance and the NCAA picks and chooses whose throat they want to put their foot on(penalties and sanctions) then we have a system that won't grow or attract more people. If the NCAA really had teeth and created a level playing field, I would enjoy watching this sport a whole lot more knowing that it was our coaches fault or players didnt work hard enough in the off season, not that we suck because we lost out on good players because we don't have the right "network" to scheme, plot and deceive our way to good players in order to win. Screw your NCAA, you worthless, toothless, nutsacks of an organization!! Sorry. Back to my glass of wine.
    The evolution of offenses and the inability for defenses to play real football any more has made recruiting discrepancies that much more obvious. A normal game in the 90s between a really good sec team and a middle of the road sec team was 35-21. A normal game now between Alabama and a normal SEC team is 62-10. Something has to change or the sport is going to die. I have not watched Alabama play a single game this year. Not one. And I put money on them to cover almost every week. I can’t even make myself watch them with money on the game. That’s insane.
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-28-2020 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Jackie didn't miss on players like N. Strong. He thought being physical was the way to go at MSU. I remember he would say all the time that you didn't want to get in a track meet with the Florida's of the conference. He also talked about being able to get recruits to commit without asking them for the commitment. He was the GOAT.
    It's 3 that has shot every year and one of those gets a shot because of their name. It's Alabama and Clemson every year in CFP. Ohio State gets the love because they are Ohio State. No way a team should get in with 6 wins and played poorly the last 2 games.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If we don't pull some surprises in Feb, this class won't even finish 37th if you look at programs behind us. Signed, Worried.
    We are really at 30 right now. We have 1 recruit that has not been rated and one that has already signed but not announced (Anderson). We will finish somewhere around 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We are really at 30 right now. We have 1 recruit that has not been rated and one that has already signed but not announced (Anderson). We will finish somewhere around 30.
    Anderson? What position does he play?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Anderson? What position does he play?
    Defensive end. Deonte Anderson. He’s an Under Armor all American. He’s a 4 star on 247 but a 3 star composite. He signed his papers with us in the early signing period and asked us to hold off announcing so he could do it on tv on Jan 2nd.

vCash
    Defensive end. Deonte Anderson. He’s an Under Armor all American. He’s a 4 star on 247 but a 3 star composite. He signed his papers with us in the early signing period and asked us to hold off announcing so he could do it on tv on Jan 2nd.
    Gotcha, thanks.

vCash
    It's a poor class. Hopefully, we can hit on a couple of portal guys. Haven't had a lot of luck in the porta thoughl except for Ruiz. Hopefully, the UCF transfer will pan out.
    It's not that bad. It should be top 30 after Anderson gets on board. The miss on Strong pissed me off, because I think LSU did whatever it took to flip him...and Nabers for that matter. They can do that though, we would get in trouble. There are several better ranked classes that I wouldn't trade for right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It's not that bad. It should be top 30 after Anderson gets on board. The miss on Strong pissed me off, because I think LSU did whatever it took to flip him...and Nabers for that matter. They can do that though, we would get in trouble. There are several better ranked classes that I wouldn't trade for right now.
    Maybe LSU cheated, but I think LSU is just a more attractive option to like 99% of recruits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If you aren't Top 25. It doesn't matter if you are 28 or you are 40. Not going to get it done.

vCash
    The evolution of offenses and the inability for defenses to play real football any more has made recruiting discrepancies that much more obvious. A normal game in the 90s between a really good sec team and a middle of the road sec team was 35-21. A normal game now between Alabama and a normal SEC team is 62-10. Something has to change or the sport is going to die. I have not watched Alabama play a single game this year. Not one. And I put money on them to cover almost every week. I can’t even make myself watch them with money on the game. That’s insane.
    It's ridiculous. The cheating and hoarding of talent has to be corrected somehow or this sport is going to be in slow decline I'm afraid. Nothing worse than not playing on a level playing field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe LSU cheated, but I think LSU is just a more attractive option to like 99% of recruits
    It shouldn't be more attractive to a guy that grew up as an MSU fan like Strong. Nabors makes more sense even though he was at the bottom of LSU's WR take list given he got the late offer he didn't have before and is a LA kid.

vCash
    It's ridiculous. The cheating and hoarding of talent has to be corrected somehow or this sport is going to be in slow decline I'm afraid. Nothing worse than not playing on a level playing field.
    Yep, just saw a video on 247 touting Bama's class as potentially the best recruiting class of all time. How lovely.***

vCash
    It shouldn't be more attractive to a guy that grew up as an MSU fan like Strong. Nabors makes more sense even though he was at the bottom of LSU's WR take list given he got the late offer he didn't have before and is a LA kid.
    Nope. We all know what makes them more attractive at the last minute(stealing from a children's hospital). Just can't let people like strong get away. Heck, He was staring at a starting job with Errol going on. Lower the scholarship level and signing class size and Strong and Nabors are both yours.

Goes back to what I just earlier, if the NCAA won't do anything about taking from hospital, for crying out loud, to level the playing field then we better learn to do what ever it takes to keep guys committed(matching offers I guess).

vCash
    Nope. We all know what makes them more attractive at the last minute(stealing from a children's hospital). Just can't let people like strong get away. Heck, He was staring at a starting job with Errol going on. Lower the scholarship level and signing class size and Strong and Nabors are both yours.

Goes back to what I just earlier, if the NCAA won't do anything about taking from hospital, for crying out loud, to level the playing field then we better learn to do what ever it takes to keep guys committed(matching offers I guess).
    And who's money do "WE" plan on using

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    And who's money do "WE" plan on using
    We already use money.

Our fans have to get out of this mindset that we're a squeaky clean program that would never pay players. We do. The bunch up the road does. The two SEC schools in Alabama do. LSU does. Every one does it.

If you want to be competitive, you have to play the game. You just do. The reason we get skull drug on signing day is because we're really bad at playing the game. And until we get serious about it, we'll continue to recruit in the lower 1/3 of the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We already use money.

Our fans have to get out of this mindset that we're a squeaky clean program that would never pay players. We do. The bunch up the road does. The two SEC schools in Alabama do. LSU does. Every one does it.

If you want to be competitive, you have to play the game. You just do. The reason we get skull drug on signing day is because we're really bad at playing the game. And until we get serious about it, we'll continue to recruit in the lower 1/3 of the SEC.
    Only the most naive fans would think we or any P5 program is squeaky clean, but I would categorize what we do as bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If you aren't Top 25. It doesn't matter if you are 28 or you are 40. Not going to get it done.
    The difference in the class ranked 25 and the class ranked 30 is almost nothing. Especially now where you are going to get transfer portal guys who aren’t even counted in the rankings. We have a DE from UCF that would have been a high 3 star or low 4 star juco recruit and that would bump our class to around 25. In order for us to survive we have to take advantage of Jucos and the transfer portal. If we get 2 solid secondary guys to go along with the DE we already have from the portal I don’t care what the class finishes up as rankings wise. That doesn’t make our players any better. The portal is going to cause people to have to look deeper than just a class ranking. If we take a bunch of 3 star projects and end up ranked 27 instead of 32 but don’t fill immediate needs in the secondary I’m going to be much more pissed off than if we get a guy or 2 that can help but won’t count in the rankings.

vCash
    Only the most naive fans would think we or any P5 program is squeaky clean, but I would categorize what we do as bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight.
    I agree but with the transfer portal there's no guarantee of return on investment
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.