Page 111 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    I came in with 247 (8 years) and didn't really like it. As time went on I got over it and the content is a whole lot better.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    And it was called the Spirit before the merger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I came in with 247 (8 years) and didn't really like it. As time went on I got over it and the content is a whole lot better.
    Oh I don't mind the content. I just think it's stupid to name the website "Gene's Page" when literally every other school has a site name that promotes the school and not a weird, sunshine pumping photographer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Oh I don't mind the content. I just think it's stupid to name the website "Gene's Page" when literally every other school has a site name that promotes the school and not a weird, sunshine pumping photographer.
    Aw c'mon KO, The Spirit sounds like it's promoting my church. And a sunshine pumping photographer is better than Tyler Horka, who promotes Mississippi more than us. And have you been reading Gene's Skuttlebut? Really good insight into prospects in the next recruiting classes.

vCash
    Aw c'mon KO, The Spirit sounds like it's promoting my church. And a sunshine pumping photographer is better than Tyler Horka, who promotes Mississippi more than us. And have you been reading Gene's Skuttlebut? Really good insight into prospects in the next recruiting classes.
    "The Spirit" is dumb as hell too, I'll give you that.

I have read his Skuttlebut but it's mostly about 2023 or 2024 kids so it's hard for me to get interested in freshmen and sophomores right now.

vCash

I have read his Skuttlebut but it's mostly about 2023 or 2024 kids so it's hard for me to get interested in freshmen and sophomores right now.
    He hit some 2022 guys especially after that little combine in Flowood or wherever. I think he's just taking them as they come to him. I would guess through HS coaches that call him, Gene knows a lot of those guys he's been doing this for so long . I don't mind scoping out the 23 and 24 guys to get their names in my mind. Heck I'm so old I might not get to see those guys play, but I can hope! Another advantage when these young kids get their names in a MSU site, it gets MSU on their mind.

vCash
    Seems like very year we are deficient on the OL and DB. I would like to see what we could do if we could get quality athletes at these positions.

vCash

He hit some 2022 guys especially after that little combine in Flowood or wherever. I think he's just taking them as they come to him. I would guess through HS coaches that call him, Gene knows a lot of those guys he's been doing this for so long . I don't mind scoping out the 23 and 24 guys to get their names in my mind. Heck I'm so old I might not get to see those guys play, but I can hope! Another advantage when these young kids get their names in a MSU site, it gets MSU on their mind.
    To me his skuttlebutt is like here's a bunch of players that showed up to this camp from Clay-Chalkville in Alabama. I'm not sure how many of those prospects are legit to be honest. Although when you carpet bomb prospects like that eventually odds are you'll identify them but it's hard to identify who exactly is a legit prospect doing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Seems like very year we are deficient on the OL and DB. I would like to see what we could do if we could get quality athletes at these positions.
    We've usually done fine at DB. This year not so much. OL it seems like we constantly are having to backfill. Changing schemes is part of that I think. We needed three high school offensive linemen to go with Jackson and McMillan and we did that. We landed the top OL prospect in Cavazos and I think Reese is very underrated and is a legit LT prospect. We have some flexibility to take another one if we can find the right one but it's not necessary either.

On the DB side- Forbes was a huge win last year and I think Dean will be very good as well as Richardson who is a four star guy. Obviously this year was concerning with a lot of misses but if we can get CJ Johnson to go with Ellington and then hit the portal hard we can salvage this. There were some mistakes made but also some things out of our control. If we had simply kept Toles I think people would feel a lot better- although at the same time he's going to USM and didn't have any other SEC offers. I think there is a better than average chance we get Walley to come back home from Minnesota in the portal. Daniels it sounds like we got out-Networked and that's something our staff may need to be more aware of next time.

vCash
    Jean knows as much about talent evaluation as that white dog turd you run over cutting the grass. He likes to inject himself into shit to look important.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Jean knows as much about talent evaluation as that white dog turd you run over cutting the grass. He likes to inject himself into shit to look important.
    The DeVinner stuff was the final straw for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    The DeVinner stuff was the final straw for me.
    The other day he said, "You want to win as many recruiting battles as possible, but the thrill of the hunt is fun, too. The process of recruiting can be a lot of fun as long as you don't get caught up in the negatives. It's like the month of December leading up to Christmas day. There is a lot of fun to be had all the December days prior to Christmas. Focus on those days as well as the presents that you get and don't just focus on those presents that you want but don't get."

So basically as long as we have fun, it doesn't matter who we get. We're currently on a streak of losing battles with other schools for recruits, but if we're having fun, then that's all that matters.

Yeah, like I said, Gene is a moron.

vCash
    The other day he said, "You want to win as many recruiting battles as possible, but the thrill of the hunt is fun, too. The process of recruiting can be a lot of fun as long as you don't get caught up in the negatives. It's like the month of December leading up to Christmas day. There is a lot of fun to be had all the December days prior to Christmas. Focus on those days as well as the presents that you get and don't just focus on those presents that you want but don't get."

So basically as long as we have fun, it doesn't matter who we get. We're currently on a streak of losing battles with other schools for recruits, but if we're having fun, then that's all that matters.

Agree, and I literally can't remember the last time that the last few days of recruiting was 'fun' for any MSU fan. It always seems to come down to us trying to hold on for dear life with several of our best committed recruits.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Agree, and I literally can't remember the last time that the last few days of recruiting was 'fun' for any MSU fan. It always seems to come down to us trying to hold on for dear life with several of our best committed recruits.
    Damn boys, ya'll take this way too seriously, hope you're keeping a check on your blood pressure.

vCash
    If we don't pull some surprises in Feb, this class won't even finish 37th if you look at programs behind us. Signed, Worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If we don't pull some surprises in Feb, this class won't even finish 37th if you look at programs behind us. Signed, Worried.
    It's a poor class. Hopefully, we can hit on a couple of portal guys. Haven't had a lot of luck in the porta thoughl except for Ruiz. Hopefully, the UCF transfer will pan out.

vCash
    Damn boys, ya'll take this way too seriously, hope you're keeping a check on your blood pressure.
    My blood pressure is fine, thanks

vCash
    I've come to seriously hate recruiting, but that said, I certainly don't lose any sleep over it. I continue to say that college football is the WORST major sport out there as an overall product because its the only major sport (even including other college sports) that has such a lack of overall competitiveness. The separation in talent from the top 7 to 8 programs and everyone else is to the point that I realize, no matter what we do in recruiting, all we are really trying to achieve in the end is to get a slightly better bowl game.

vCash
    We were very lucky getting to the SEC Championship game in '98. Doubt we will ever see that happen again, at least probably nobody posting on this board now will see it happen again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    We were very lucky getting to the SEC Championship game in '98. Doubt we will ever see that happen again, at least probably nobody posting on this board now will see it happen again.
    Maybe not, but as far as some of JWS teams, we had some badass players!