Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The portal is fine and dandy, but we only have a few spots to use on the portal. We need help at OL and S too. We needed Perkins because he can provide immediate depth at CB. If you look behind Forbes and Emerson, there's not a whole lot. So if you use a portal spot on CB, you may have to pass on giving it to another position of need.
    The portal is just another recruiting effort to burden the staff, albeit with less games and malfeasance. Still, to get difference makers in the portal, or even good depth players, 3-4 spots won't be easy for us.

vCash
    He gets an F so far in recruiting. His unit on the field has been pretty good this year, but his recruiting has been a shit show so far.
    I &agree. At least our guys play well.

vCash
    The portal is fine and dandy, but we only have a few spots to use on the portal. We need help at OL and S too. We needed Perkins because he can provide immediate depth at CB. If you look behind Forbes and Emerson, there's not a whole lot. So if you use a portal spot on CB, you may have to pass on giving it to another position of need.
    If we don't get Perkins that opens up a spot for a transfer at CB in his place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Pretty bad sales job if that's the hold up. Just tell him we are going to play 3 corners together. I would rather have Emerson, Forbes and Perkins on the field together than a slower safety who can't cover.
    Good point. Should be a pretty easy sales job on playing time given we start 5 DBs. In fact, its going to get very difficult to stay in a 3-3-5 going forward if things don't pick up considerably in our recruiting of CBs and Safeties.

vCash
    Leach apparently has had enough of waiting around on Perkins, per Steve. He will use the scholly on a portal DB. I have zero issue with this. Ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Leach apparently has had enough of waiting around on Perkins, per Steve. He will use the scholly on a portal DB. I have zero issue with this. Ridiculous
    If he's moving to the portal he knows Perkins has selected someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    If he's moving to the portal he knows Perkins has selected someone else.
    Oregon people don't seem to have a clue either. Whatever the case, I think this saga is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Oregon people don't seem to have a clue either. Whatever the case, I think this saga is over.
    Welp, by process of elimination I'm going to guess he selected Mizzou.

vCash
    Oklahoma?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Oklahoma?
    Gotcha, I forgot about them in the equation.

vCash
    He's probably going to Oregon.

vCash
    He's probably going to Oregon.
    If so more power to him. We need to go get a transfer. I'd go after Knox

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Oklahoma?
    He's not a take for Oklahoma and most likely never was. Only reason he's on Oregon's radar is JoMo. But it hasn't stopped our fans from acting like we missed on a 5* from instate who would at best get backup reps the next two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    He's not a take for Oklahoma and most likely never was. Only reason he's on Oregon's radar is JoMo. But it hasn't stopped our fans from acting like we missed on a 5* from instate who would at best get backup reps the next two years.
    It's a big miss if we don't replace him with a comparable replacement. He would've gotten backup reps, but that's a extremely valuable player given this depth chart:

Martin Emerson/Decamerion Richardson/Jay Jimison (walk on)/Malik Sanders (walk on)

Emmanuel Forbes/Esaias Furdge/Jaylon Reed (should be a walk on)/Cameron Threatt (not an SEC player)

That's really, really bad. Now if we go through the portal and get a solid player, then it's no big deal. But until that happens, Perkins is a big miss because we currently don't have anyone lined up.

vCash
    Gene Swindoll with a crystal ball to Oregon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Gene Swindoll with a crystal ball to Oregon.
    Ol' Gene is never afraid to go out on a limb.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Ol' Gene is never afraid to go out on a limb.***
    Gene is an idiot. His insistence on keeping the name "Gene's Page" tells you all you need to know.

vCash
    Well if Oregon is also indeed dropping him it must be very telling on how he handled himself these past few days. Both teams I’m sure did their homework on his personality and kept recruiting him. So something must have gone off the deep end since it seemed it was a MSU-Oregon battle and now both seem to deny wanting him anymore. I can’t see Mizzou just showing up last minute with more to sell.

vCash
    Gene is an idiot. His insistence on keeping the name "Gene's Page" tells you all you need to know.
    Well he owns it so I suppose he can call it what he wants.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Well he owns it so I suppose he can call it what he wants.
    He owns half of it. When it merged with 247sports, he insisted it still be called Gene's page. OM's board isn't called "Rousansville's Page"