Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Yeah but man this was a strange day for him and his behavior but the end result doesn’t look good. Or maybe he enjoyed being recruited so hard today he decided to enjoy the attention a few extra days.

I was hopeful he was going to be someone that could help us this year as I don’t know why you would de commit from Oregon to only go back and Mizzou made almost no sense but a lot of these kids do some confusing things

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And the beat goes on. I think any of you still concerned that we will run short on scholarships should officially stop worrying. Worst DB recruiting class I can remember and glad we got Hampton when we did. Actually can't believe any DB wanting early playing time wouldn't want to take advantage of the situation especially at Safety.
    Taking Hampton when we did was dumb. We could have waited and still gotten him. But whatever. Our db recruiting for this cycle is bad no matter what Perkins did or does. Why? I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah but man this was a strange day for him and his behavior but the end result doesn’t look good. Or maybe he enjoyed being recruited so hard today he decided to enjoy the attention a few extra days.

I was hopeful he was going to be someone that could help us this year as I don’t know why you would de commit from Oregon to only go back and Mizzou made almost no sense but a lot of these kids do some confusing things
    Recruiting has seemingly turned into a clown show the last few years. Wasn't too long ago that OM flipped their own commit just for the show of it. Seems for way too many prospects recruiting has turned into nothing more than garnering as much attention as possible through ridiculous theatrics.

vCash
    I’ll be honest, what does his tweet even mean? Like... I’m confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I’ll be honest, what does his tweet even mean? Like... I’m confused.
    He said, "my decision is now a private one. " Like this makes any sense, it's not gonna be private much longer , I mean he has to sign with someone. Unless the team he signs with is gonna keep it a secret till game day. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    He said, "my decision is now a private one. " Like this makes any sense, it's not gonna be private much longer , I mean he has to sign with someone. Unless the team he signs with is gonna keep it a secret till game day. lol
    Right... I don't really get what he is saying. He has changed up the announcement and different things around it about five times.

vCash
    Right... I don't really get what he is saying. He has changed up the announcement and different things around it about five times.
    It could be that he just needs more time. That's all that make sense if anything makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Taking Hampton when we did was dumb. We could have waited and still gotten him. But whatever. Our db recruiting for this cycle is bad no matter what Perkins did or does. Why? I don't know.
    McBath didn't really have an "SEC resume" when he came over. He was a "get back" coach for a few years. 2 years as a corner coach at Washinton State and that was it. Very frustrating recruiting year at DB. One injury to Emerson or Forbes and we are toast.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    McBath didn't really have an "SEC resume" when he came over. He was a "get back" coach for a few years. 2 years as a corner coach at Washinton State and that was it. Very frustrating recruiting year at DB. One injury to Emerson or Forbes and we are toast.
    He has completely shit the bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He has completely shit the bed.
    Our whole class man. We have like 7-8 guys that I like. But we really needed some immediate help at corner and safety.

vCash
    There are going to be plenty of DB options on the portal so we will find bodies. We just need to hit on 1-2 of them

vCash
    I'm guessing Perkins wants to play immediately.

Our two corners just got named an All American and a Freshman All SEC.

I'm wondering if he's concerned that he won't get the PT and recognition he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'm guessing Perkins wants to play immediately.

Our two corners just got named an All American and a Freshman All SEC.

I'm wondering if he's concerned that he won't get the PT and recognition he wants.
    Pretty bad sales job if that's the hold up. Just tell him we are going to play 3 corners together. I would rather have Emerson, Forbes and Perkins on the field together than a slower safety who can't cover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    There are going to be plenty of DB options on the portal so we will find bodies. We just need to hit on 1-2 of them
    We need to save 3-5 spots every year for the portal. We can't sign 25 quality prospects anyway. 4-5 Jucos, 3-5 portal players, and the rest high school. We've got several reaches in this class.

vCash
    What is a “private commit”? That’s a first but whatever. I know one thing...Arnett is one of the best up and coming defensive coordinators in the nation. He is going to put guys in the NFL.

vCash
    Honestly, the portal is going to allow wholes to be filled for good programs. I think if we win with Leach, and I do think we will, the portal may fill some of our recruiting weaknesses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Darcel McBath better get his ass in gear.
    He gets an F so far in recruiting. His unit on the field has been pretty good this year, but his recruiting has been a shit show so far.

vCash
    Honestly, the portal is going to allow wholes to be filled for good programs. I think if we win with Leach, and I do think we will, the portal may fill some of our recruiting weaknesses.
    The portal is fine and dandy, but we only have a few spots to use on the portal. We need help at OL and S too. We needed Perkins because he can provide immediate depth at CB. If you look behind Forbes and Emerson, there's not a whole lot. So if you use a portal spot on CB, you may have to pass on giving it to another position of need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We've got several reaches in this class.
    I count about 4. You can get by with missing on players. You can't get by on signing players that can't play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yup