Page 106 of 136 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    According to the LSU 247 board, Raydar Jones is transferring. Former 4 star DB from Horn Lake. He has 4 years of eligibility left.

Like I said, I think we panicked and prematurely signed Hampton. Nothing you can do now, but he's a guy you could've 100% offered and signed in Feb. had you missed on some guys, but with the new transfer rules, we should've at least explored options there first.

Btw, I still think we'll have room for Raydar if he chooses to come here, but there's just one less spot for someone that can help us be better imo.
    Yeah. At some point we just have to trust the coaches & fire them if they're consistently wrong.

Would love to get Radar. Great fit for us
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah. At some point we just have to trust the coaches & fire them if they're consistently wrong.

Would love to get Radar. Great fit for us
    According to Paul, he almost transferred here back in the spring. Gotta thing we have a good shot.

Nigel Knott is also in the portal. When are all these kids gonna learn?

Raydar, Knott, Handy, Hall, M. Jackson, possibly Brandon Turnage, are all potential transfers.

vCash
    According to Paul, he almost transferred here back in the spring. Gotta thing we have a good shot.

Raydar, Knott, Handy, Hall, M. Jackson, possibly Brandon Turnage, are all potential transfers.
    All while Ty Cooper is waiting on an LSU offer. LOL

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    The grass is always greener on the other side. Until you realize that the grass that you're going to be standing on is on the sidelines.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    The grass is always greener on the other side. Until you realize that the grass that you're going to be standing on is on the sidelines.
    Too much fertilizer will burn up that greener grass

vCash
    I really don't see Brandon Turnage transferring.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 12-21-2020 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I really don't see Brandon Turnage transferring.
    I don't see him transferring to us. Unless he starts seeing more playing time next year though, he'll get recruited over if he hasn't already.

vCash

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Walley, Calloway, and Deion Smith all end up transferring back in a year or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked at all if Walley, Calloway, and Deion Smith all end up transferring back in a year or two.
    Me either. That's why we need to save a few scholarships every year and not use them on marginal players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Also until you realize all these places are virtually the same.

You live in the same apartment, go to the same classes everyday, go to a similar facility as every other SEC school, & play the same schedule. Then you realize these God like coaches are just simple flawed humans that are salesmen. The entire charade loses it's shine pretty fast.

vCash
    Me either. That's why we need to save a few scholarships every year and not use them on marginal players.
    I agree with this. We just don't know the internal evaluation of Hampton. We should not sign more than 20 HS kids per year going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree with this. We just don't know the internal evaluation of Hampton. We should not sign more than 20 HS kids per year going forward.
    I think we signed Hampton more as an athlete than anything else. We listed him at DB because that's where our need is at the present moment in the class. However, if we land some targets and or we just see that he is more use at WR we just go ahead and get a transfer or JUCO at that time and let him play WR for us. Win/win for us.

How many times did a guy like Hampton end up at Arkansas State, blow up and then we wonder why we missed him?

vCash
    We should be thankful for the portal. In the past a guy like Jimmy Johns would have had to rot on the bench at Alabama or go the JUCO route and be recruited again- or go to the SWAC.

vCash
    I think we signed Hampton more as an athlete than anything else. We listed him at DB because that's where our need is at the present moment in the class. However, if we land some targets and or we just see that he is more use at WR we just go ahead and get a transfer or JUCO at that time and let him play WR for us. Win/win for us.

How many times did a guy like Hampton end up at Arkansas State, blow up and then we wonder why we missed him?
    He still should've been a wait til Feb. guy. Too many available players out there. We're waiting on Johnson and Cooper til Feb. Hampton was a huge reach & then you combine it with the fact took Harmon, it's head scratching really.

vCash
    A lot of how I judge the staffs recruiting eye will be if either one of those guys develops into anything. Mostly because we chose to sign them in the early period when we knew there was about to be a flurry of coaching changes and portal entries.

No choice but to trust them at this point though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He still should've been a wait til Feb. guy. Too many available players out there. We're waiting on Johnson and Cooper til Feb. Hampton was a huge reach & then you combine it with the fact took Harmon, it's head scratching really.
    Maybe so. But with the Covid rule for the 2021 roster it’s not that big a deal.. just going to have to get back to the 85 scholarship players in 2022.. Kids will transfer out after next season , I’m sure a few more will after spring ball that aren’t cracking the 2 deep. ( we will have a handful of upperclassmen we actually need to transfer) .
    Numbers will work out in the end.. they always do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Maybe so. But with the Covid rule for the 2021 roster it?s not that big a deal.. just going to have to get back to the 85 scholarship players in 2022.. Kids will transfer out after next season , I?m sure a few more will after spring ball that aren?t cracking the 2 deep. ( we will have a handful of upperclassmen we actually need to transfer) .
    What is the COVID rule for 2021? Eligibility did not count this year, but are teams still limited to 85 in 2021? Are teams still limited to 25 incoming this year?

vCash

We signed him bc Mcbath panicked. It was his call. So he was signed to play cb...........I understand that can change, but .........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Maybe so. But with the Covid rule for the 2021 roster it’s not that big a deal.. just going to have to get back to the 85 scholarship players in 2022.. Kids will transfer out after next season , I’m sure a few more will after spring ball that aren’t cracking the 2 deep. ( we will have a handful of upperclassmen we actually need to transfer) .
    The big deal is that lack of depth in the defensive backfield and filling immediate needs. We've got one safety that can play pass coverage and only two CBs that are good. Perkins is a must. MJ would've seen action. Hampton will not. Johnson isn't likely a year one guy. We took a WR that's not going to be much help in the future & doesn't fit the offense very well. I'm hearing Hampton will be an insurance policy there.
    Gotta grab a transfer safety and reel in Perkins. Do that, and I agree it works out.