Page 105 of 136 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Harmon is definitely full of potential. If his work ethic is as mentioned, being a hard worker, he will be a definite mismatch on the field.
    He's coming in with a chip on his shoulder. He's going to prove people wrong

vCash
    Neither Harmon nor Hampton looked good in the All Star game today. Johnson was pretty good.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-19-2020 at 06:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Neither Harmon nor Hampton looked good in the All Star game today. Johnson was pretty good.
    Who was evaluating that?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Who was evaluating that?
    I was at the game. Harmon was nowhere to be found. Hampton got burned badly and was lost at DB. Johnson looked the part.
    You might be able to watch it online. Not sure. If Hampton is indeed recruited as a DB, he's a couple years from touching the field. We need Johnson. He can play.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-19-2020 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    I was at the game. Harmon was nowhere to be found. Hampton got burned badly and was lost at DB. Johnson looked the part.
    I was too for a half. The laurel kid can play

vCash
    You might be able to watch it online. Not sure. If Hampton is indeed recruited as a DB, he's a couple years from touching the field. We need Johnson. He can play.
    I watched some online. Didn't see what happened to Hampton, but I agree he looks raw. Good athlete though. We'll see where he is in a few years.

They had Harmon on the outside, but never made an effort to get him the ball, and, if they did, the OL didn't hold up enough.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I watched some online. Didn't see what happened to Hampton, but I agree he looks raw. Good athlete though. We'll see where he is in a few years.

They had Harmon on the outside, but never made an effort to get him the ball, and, if they did, the OL didn't hold up enough.
    I'm betting he ends up a WR. I watched him in warm ups. He can go get it. I'd offer the safety for the South team Perkins. He was the best looking player on the field. Maybe he's a grades issue, but he was everywhere. Gives us an in with his brother who is some kind of good.

vCash
    We had to see something to try and lock Hampton down knowing that the portal will have tons of options and we still could easily land Perkins and Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    We had to see something to try and lock Hampton down knowing that the portal will have tons of options and we still could easily land Perkins and Johnson.
    Or his coach is a former player and he's a good WR/Ath. He can run and he can catch.
    He's never really played CB much. That's why it's a huge reach for a CB spot. Even with Perkins, we still need someone to play. Portal needs to be good to us.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-20-2020 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Or his coach is a former player and he's a good WR/Ath. He can run and he can catch.
    He's never really played CB much. That's why it's a huge reach for a CB spot. Even with Perkins, we still need someone to play. Portal needs to be good to us.
    This is why I liked Toles better. DB is actually his main position.

vCash
    I'm betting he ends up a WR. I watched him in warm ups. He can go get it. I'd offer the safety for the South team Perkins. He was the best looking player on the field. Maybe he's a grades issue, but he was everywhere. Gives us an in with his brother who is some kind of good.
    I'm just saying this honestly and I hope both guys become all-stars at MSU but from the outside looking in it appears that Harmon's recruiting cooled significantly during his SR year for whatever reason. He is rated a 4 star but it sure didn't seem like he had the recruiting interest of a normal 4 star down the stretch. As far as Hampton, that seems to be a bit of a reach of just taking a guy that is a good athlete and let's see if we can mold him into what we want given we struck out on guys much further in their development. Its been said he had an Indiana offer but if he really had another P5 committable offer do we think he would have waited around to see if he got a post-signing day offer from us? I mean we may have told him to wait and he did, I don't know, but it didn't really seem like he had any other high end options. But, we've signed a number of guys late with no other great options in the past that turned out to be good players for us so hopefully these guys will too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I assume you are talking about Kenarious Johnson? I'm surprised we didn't go after him before some others but given he hadn't signed, last I heard, there must be some academic issues with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I assume you are talking about Kenarious Johnson? I'm surprised we didn't go after him before some others but given he hadn't signed, last I heard, there must be some academic issues with him.
    Yeah, he's Juco bound. Don't be surprised if we sign him in two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Evans? He's a bowling ball. A little similar to The Bowling Ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    He didn't play in the game yesterday. He was in the MS/AL game. Evans, RB from Laurel had a good game. He's a little similar to Josh Robinson but a little less quickness.
    Bridges from Magee is another player. I wish McLaurin, the RB from Mendenhall, hadn't been hurt. He's good.
    Margo Perkins was the best player on the field. His brother is the top Soph. in the state.
    The potential walk-on QB for North team (name escapes me) was good. A smaller school should grab him up.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-20-2020 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    He didn't play in the game yesterday. He was in the MS/AL game. Evans, RB from Laurel had a good game. He's a little similar to Josh Robinson but a little less quickness.
    Bridges from Magee is another player. I wish McLaurin, the RB from Mendenhall, hadn't been hurt. He's good.
    Margo Perkins was the best player on the field. His brother is the top Soph. in the state.
    The potential walk-on QB for North team (name escapes me) was good. A smaller school should grab him up.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the brother connection. It seems to go against us about as often as it goes for us when it comes to recruiting. Still remember losing Jason Campbell to Auburn with Larry on the team, Josh McNeil to Tennessee with Chris on the team and now Justin Walley to Minnesota (still hard to believe) with Jaden on the team. Seems when the younger brother is the more highly recruited one it doesn't often work out in our favor.

vCash
    Is CJ Johnson still in play? He didn't sign with Navy.

vCash
    Yep he’s going to sign in Feb - we’ve still got an excellent shot but he’s basically looking at us, Navy and Northwestern.

So it’s SEC football vs academic powers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yep he’s going to sign in Feb - we’ve still got an excellent shot but he’s basically looking at us, Navy and Northwestern.

So it’s SEC football vs academic powers
    Gotcha, thanks

vCash
    According to the LSU 247 board, Raydar Jones is transferring. Former 4 star DB from Horn Lake. He has 4 years of eligibility left.

Like I said, I think we panicked and prematurely signed Hampton. Nothing you can do now, but he's a guy you could've 100% offered and signed in Feb. had you missed on some guys, but with the new transfer rules, we should've at least explored options there first.

Btw, I still think we'll have room for Raydar if he chooses to come here, but there's just one less spot for someone that can help us be better imo.