Page 103 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Hampton is way more talented than Toles. Toles wasn't an SEC athlete. Hampton is.
    I disagree.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 12-17-2020 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    The fact that we are talking Hampton now tells you everything you need to know about where our recruiting is.....in the ditch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    The fact that we are talking Hampton now tells you everything you need to know about where our recruiting is.....in the ditch!
    I feel like we have signed a lot of these ?who the heck are they? kind of guys at the last minute over the years, and have hit on more than you would think. Local kid that?s apparently a heck of an athlete, I?m all for giving him a chance. We need DB?s.

vCash
    Hampton is way more talented than Toles. Toles wasn't an SEC athlete. Hampton is.

I think Hampton's athleticism would've gotten him 15 new offers within the next week. We did the right thing here
    You are the epitome of a spinner. He was not about to get 15 offers next week or next year. He's signed to play Db but doesn't have legit film playing it. He's a DB project that will take some time to hopefully develop into a serviceable player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You are the epitome of a spinner. He was not about to get 15 offers next week or next year. He's signed to play Db but doesn't have legit film playing it. He's a DB project that will take some time to hopefully develop into a serviceable player.
    Yeah. That's pretty much the hope. But I don't mind filling the spot with a diamond in the rough. Better than not giving the spot to anyone at all. He may turn out to be a quality player. But if he doesn't we still have JUCO and the portal as options. But at least we are giving ourselves the option that he may turn into a good player.

At the very least he sounds like a guy that will work hard and there is something to be said about that.

vCash
    I would think that if our staff thought that Toles was a legit SEC player that they wouldn't have dropped him period in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would think that if our staff thought that Toles was a legit SEC player that they wouldn't have dropped him period in the first place.
    Yes obviously. Toles is not an SEC player
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Recruiting effort by the staff wasn’t the issue...
    Flips by kids in the 23rd hour has zero to do with effort from this staff. If anyone doesn’t understand what happened there then it’s best you don’t even worry with football recruiting for next year

Do we need to hire more recruiting guys in the football program.. **** yes.. There aren’t enough Pat Austin’s on the staff.

The only kid out of the 3 I feel bad for is Nabers.. the other 2 Strong and MJ they can **** off..

Saying that, you all act like this class is bottom 50 in the country.. shit we still have room for Half a dozen or so guys
    Anderson 4 star and Cooper 3 star.. will get one should get both
    Perkins a solid CB that will help day 1.. odds in our favor..
    With OM basically out of spots and money If Hunter wants to play in the sec he will be a State

There’s four guys we need to close.. and hopefully the portal is finally good to use.. we have one that should be in Charlton.

Yes would have loved to kept the 3 we lost. But wouldn’t it be karma at its best if Hampton has a better college career than MJ.... he was damn sure cheaper..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-18-2020 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    Logic and reason. Quality stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Recruiting effort by the staff wasn’t the issue...
    Flips by kids in the 23rd hour has zero to do with effort from this staff. If anyone doesn’t understand what happened there then it’s best you don’t even worry with football recruiting for next year

Do we need to hire more recruiting guys in the football program.. **** yes.. There aren’t enough Pat Austin’s on the staff.

The only kid out of the 3 I feel bad for is Nabers.. the other 2 Strong and MJ they can **** off..

Saying that, you all act like this class is bottom 50 in the country.. shit we still have room for Half a dozen or so guys
    Anderson 4 star and Cooper 3 star.. will get one should get both
    Perkins a solid CB that will help day 1.. odds in our favor..
    With OM basically out of spots and money If Hunter wants to play in the sec he will be a State

There’s four guys we need to close.. and hopefully the portal is finally good to use.. we have one that should be in Charlton.

Yes would have loved to kept the 3 we lost. But wouldn’t it be karma at its best if Hampton has a better college career than MJ.... he was damn sure cheaper..
    And not to say it will happen, but how many times have we seen Jay Hampton's turn into legit players? Quite a few times. OM got CJ Johnson, we got McKinney. That is a win. Taveze Calhoun was a last minute sign. Elgton Jenkins was too, I think. Pretty sure Deion Calhoun was at the end as well. Heck, there are more that I am forgetting. MJ may become the next Johnthan Banks and Hampton may never get past special teams, but we have seen this work out before. We just have to hope Leach can develop like Mullen (or close to it since I think Mullen develops talent as well as anyone in the country).

vCash
    Calhoun was who I was trying to think of being a last minute spot. Think we lost someone and he got in on the last spot if I recall correctly. And boy I'm glad we got him. Point being, you just never know who will be the ones to blossom and contribute. If they are not a 5 star no doubter, then anyone from a 4 star to a 2 star could be a bust or contribute mightily. Have to rely on coaches to make those evals and hope those evals come true.

One thing recruiting rankings don't measure is heart. And I believe all those 2 stars we hit on in the past last minute probably had heart and greatly appreciated their late offer to come play for State. I guarantee this Hampton kids appreciates his offer WAY more than Daniels did. And I hope his play and attitude shows us just that one day in the near future.

vCash
    I think there is an appropriate time to sign a player lke Hampton....IMO the early signing period ain’t it...legit recruiting staffs push kids like that off till February and concentrate on bigger fish....just tells you we got more spots than quality prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I feel like we have signed a lot of these ?who the heck are they? kind of guys at the last minute over the years, and have hit on more than you would think. Local kid that?s apparently a heck of an athlete, I?m all for giving him a chance. We need DB?s.
    best 2--Jenkins and Billy jackson

vCash
    Why are we trying to make Hampton a CB? He looks like a natural WR to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Why are we trying to make Hampton a CB? He looks like a natural WR to me.
    Maybe he has bad hands.

I hate watching highlights because you only see when things go correctly. Much better to watch the entire game & see the good & bad.

vCash
    Maybe he has bad hands.

I hate watching highlights because you only see when things go correctly. Much better to watch the entire game & see the good & bad.
    Agree. To me it looked like he caught the ball with his hands and was able to go up and get it. Also looked like he was barely running and was pulling away from people. But again like you said, we're only seeing the good.

vCash
    I think for MSU to really recruit to compete---we must sign top JUCOs. Look at the JuCos we signed that have been outstanding. a long list. Surely the ability to Judge real talent is in the JUCO ranks. Many HS players peak as a Junior and never get any better. How many JUCOs don't really blossom till JUCO. Going back and looking at our HS signees over the past and way too many are bust. But JUCOs have saved us. Even the ones that aren't good are serviceable. I'll take more like-Slay-Rivers-Sweat-Ballard-Autry(both)-McPhee- Peters-Phillips-and on and on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'd take a Matthew Butler, Terrell Grindle, Kelvin Love, or Larry Huntington over any guy in this class. And yes, that includes Teddy Knox.
    Love and Larry-both JUCOs along with Prentiss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I think for MSU to really recruit to compete---we must sign top JUCOs. Look at the JuCos we signed that have been outstanding. a long list. Surely the ability to Judge real talent is in the JUCO ranks. Many HS players peak as a Junior and never get any better. How many JUCOs don't really blossom till JUCO. Going back and looking at our HS signees over the past and way too many are bust. But JUCOs have saved us. Even the ones that aren't good are serviceable. I'll take more like-Slay-Rivers-Sweat-Ballard-Autry(both)-McPhee- Peters-Phillips-and on and on.
    Agree. It's also why losing Strong was easily the biggest blow on signing day.

vCash
    Agree. It's also why losing Strong was easily the biggest blow on signing day.
    Let’s see how good Page from EMCC is first before we put Strong on the pre season 1st team All American lost