Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Nah, it's the best
    LOL, you are something else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'd take a Matthew Butler, Terrell Grindle, Kelvin Love, or Larry Huntington over any guy in this class. And yes, that includes Teddy Knox.
    Sadly, the fact that we held onto Teddy Knox makes me question his talent.

vCash
    WR class is solid. You guys are wrong on that. I'm talking OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    WR class is solid. You guys are wrong on that. I'm talking OL.
    I'm not a fan of the Juco guys we brought in.

vCash
    Somehow I'm not that bummed about losing Nabors. Moreso on Strong and Daniels. Our luck with LA WRs lately that weren't offered by LSU has not been good. In fact, was trying to remember a good WR we've ever gotten out of LA? And I don't really count LSU coming in as a late add because they got a couple of guys flipped a real offer. They signed Nabors more to keep us from getting him than them really needing him because they had a left over scholarship. Another reason I hate that there aren't fewer scholarships available per year. Strong and Daniels though are instate guys we should have been able to hold on to and they are on defense where we are starting to really need some help. In fact, unless I misunderstood, Rosebowl said Strong grew up an MSU fan, but yet we still can't get him signed when LSU comes in late? Not good.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 12-17-2020 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sadly, the fact that we held onto Teddy Knox makes me question his talent.
    This is a sad statement, but it makes you wonder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Somehow I'm not that bummed about losing Nabors. Moreso on Strong and Daniels. Our luck with LA WRs lately that weren't offered by LSU has not been good. In fact, was trying to remember a good WR we've ever gotten out of LA? And I don't really count LSU coming in as a late add because they got a couple of guys flipped a real offer. They signed Nabors more to keep us from getting him than them really needing him because they had a left over scholarship. Another reason I hate that there aren't fewer scholarships available per year. Strong and Daniels though are instate guys we should have been able to hold on to and they are on defense where we are starting to really need some help. In fact, unless I misunderstood, Rosebowl said Strong grew up an MSU fan, but yet we still can't get him signed when LSU comes in late? Not good.
    When we lost Strong, we lost a 2021 starter on our Defense.

vCash
    Jay Hampton is in the boat per Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I don't mind taking him. He seems to be a good athlete at least. I just don't understand taking him right now. This is a guy you could get at the very last minute in February. Seems like we've could've explored other options first.

We made a mistake dropping Brendan Toles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    man... if we're just taking kids to fill spots I wish we'd just go get the starkville RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    man... if we're just taking kids to fill spots I wish we'd just go get the starkville RB
    Taking a one-cut back that fits this offense in no way doesn't do us any good. To quote Steve Robertson, "You don't lose because of the players you miss on. You lose by signing players that can't play." Or something to that effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Taking a one-cut back that fits this offense in no way doesn't do us any good. To quote Steve Robertson, "You don't lose because of the players you miss on. You lose by signing players that can't play." Or something to that effect.
    We?re using Steve as our source of truth now? Oh boy

All I?m saying is it seems we?re just taking whoever now to fill the class may as well take the hometown kid. I just can?t figure this one out, we could have him in Feb why sign him now?

vCash
    We?re using Steve as our source of truth now? Oh boy

All I?m saying is it seems we?re just taking whoever now to fill the class may as well take the hometown kid. I just can?t figure this one out, we could have him in Feb why sign him now?
    The way we are recruiting, we may not be able to sign him in Feb. We are in desperate need of bodies in the secondary. Bird in the hand and all..

vCash
    You better be sure he’s better than any young cb you could get in the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Losing Strong was easily the worst.

Daniels is immature & comes from a losing program. Not a great combo

Nabers is just sucky bad luck. My hope is that things blow up down there & maybe some of these guys hit the portal.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't mind taking him. He seems to be a good athlete at least. I just don't understand taking him right now. This is a guy you could get at the very last minute in February. Seems like we've could've explored other options first.

We made a mistake dropping Brendan Toles.
    Hampton is way more talented than Toles. Toles wasn't an SEC athlete. Hampton is.

I think Hampton's athleticism would've gotten him 15 new offers within the next week. We did the right thing here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hampton was about to get several SEC/ACC offers. He?s at worst a special teams player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    You better be sure he’s better than any young cb you could get in the portal
    There aren't many SEC corners that didn't play corner in high school. I can think of some guys that were HS QB's and the coach didn't want them playing both ways. But I can't remember a HS wide receiver only that became a starter at corner in the SEC. Amory's coach must really not believe in playing 2 ways, lol.

vCash

vCash
    Check out his Instagram story. I don't think I can post a link to it. In short, CML sent him a handwritten note after the Vandy win talking about using him and his effort as a player as inspiration for the team.