Next highest - 87

2020:
    3 4-star
    Next highest - 88

2021:
    3 4-star
    Next highest - 87

Not sure I see a real difference
    Best QB we've ever signed. That alone counts more than anything. He's not close to anything we've ever signed.
    Knox - Fastest WR we've ever signed
    Harmon - Harmon = Spivey
    Moore - Should clearly be a 4 star. Legit outside WR that's better than what we've been signing
    Price - Should be a 4 star. Legit talent
    OL - we signed more of them than we did in any year of the Mullen era
    Ra Ra Thomas - Good WR that should be a solid player

I don't think it's close that this our best offensive class ever on paper. Not really a debate for me.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Best QB we've ever signed. That alone counts more than anything. He's not close to anything we've ever signed.
    Harmon - Harmon = Spivey
    Moore - Should clearly be a 4 star. Legit outside WR that's better than what we've been signing

I don't think it's close that this our best offensive class ever on paper. Not really a debate for me.
    That's fine, but you're not basing it on actual data. We'll see... you claimed Guidry was gonna be a monster. I mean if you're not actually using ratings, then dak is the best we signed.
    Last edited by msstate7; 12-17-2020 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's fine, but you're not basing it on actual data. We'll see... you claimed Guidry was gonna be a monster. I mean if you're not actually using ratings, then dak is the best we signed.
    Ok. disagree if you want.

vCash
    Ok. disagree if you want.
    I have no idea how this offensive class will turn out. It very well could be the best. At this point though, all we have to compare is recruiting rankings, and it isn't really any different than the last few years.

vCash
    I have no idea how this offensive class will turn out. It very well could be the best. At this point though, all we have to compare is recruiting rankings, and it isn't really any different than the last few years.
    But we've never signed a QB like this. EVER. If anything, he's underreated

Secondly, we've never signed a WR class like this EVER & they'll qualify.

We've signed OL classes with higher ranked guys, but we've never signed this many.

If we've signed a better QB & WRs, please let me know who they are

vCash
    But we've never signed a QB like this. EVER. If anything, he's underreated

Secondly, we've never signed a WR class like this EVER & they'll qualify.

We've signed OL classes with higher ranked guys, but we've never signed this many.

If we've signed a better QB & WRs, please let me know who they are
    Just looking at last 4 classes.

Sawyer vs shrader...
    Sawyer - composite 94, #10 pro style
    Shrader - composite 91, #7 dual

Sawyer is rated higher, but it isn't a huge difference.

FWIW, kj Costello was 97 composite, #3 pro style

WRs (avg of composite for top 3 wrs in class)...
    2021 - 89.00
    2020 - 88.67
    2019 - 86.67
    2018 - 89.33

vCash
    Just dawned on me that this class isn't complete like the others. There's still time for leach to separate from those classes.

vCash
    This class is ok from a talent standpoint. I actually don't have any different opinion on it than I had a week ago. MJ is a good ballplayer but he's overhyped because the state is devoid on talent this year. Last year or two years ago that guy is barely a top 10 prospect. Again, I'm not trying to drag the kid I just don't think he's irreplaceable. Price and Thomas cancel out the loss of Nabors. The only loss that stung was Strong so we need to get in the portal to find a LB.

The problem I have with this class, and have had with it for a while, is that while it does look like we upgraded a bit on offense, we've recruited a bunch of projects on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know that we have one guy, outside of Charlton, that could step in and play next year. This is why it's so important to close on Anderson because I feel like he can get into the rotation and be productive as a freshman. Those are the types of players we need. They don't have to be Day 1 studs, but we need two or three to have production as freshman, ala Willie Gay.

Again, you can break down rankings and film all you want but until they perform on the field then it means squat. Right now I'd say we probably have 1-2 players in this class who I can confidently say will get snaps next year and would've gotten them on any team in the past decade. That is Knox, Charlton, and I guess you can throw in Sawyer although in a perfect world you want to RS your true freshman QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This class is ok from a talent standpoint. I actually don't have any different opinion on it than I had a week ago. MJ is a good ballplayer but he's overhyped because the state is devoid on talent this year. Last year or two years ago that guy is barely a top 10 prospect. Again, I'm not trying to drag the kid I just don't think he's irreplaceable. Price and Thomas cancel out the loss of Nabors. The only loss that stung was Strong so we need to get in the portal to find a LB.

The problem I have with this class, and have had with it for a while, is that while it does look like we upgraded a bit on offense, we've recruited a bunch of projects on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know that we have one guy, outside of Charlton, that could step in and play next year. This is why it's so important to close on Anderson because I feel like he can get into the rotation and be productive as a freshman. Those are the types of players we need. They don't have to be Day 1 studs, but we need two or three to have production as freshman, ala Willie Gay.

Again, you can break down rankings and film all you want but until they perform on the field then it means squat. Right now I'd say we probably have 1-2 players in this class who I can confidently say will get snaps next year and would've gotten them on any team in the past decade. That is Knox, Charlton, and I guess you can throw in Sawyer although in a perfect world you want to RS your true freshman QB.
    If Sawyer is the real deal, I want him playing next year. I want him getting his experience in a year where not much is expected.

vCash
    And if you look at our past classes - two of our best in terms of producing on the field and in the NFL talent were our 2 lowest ranked classes 2011 and 2014.
    It's why I don't understand the overall freakout about this year (or any year really). To me, the only real gripes can be about what numbers we sign at each position so that we have the
    best chance at a balanced roster and we fill positions of need.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Still signed the best offensive class in school history yesterday
    Best? No. Largest, maybe. One of them is a wasted ship IMO. Not saying it's bad. It's not. But it's nothing special. Let's see how they develop.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-17-2020 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Harmon - Harmon = Spivey

Devonta Jason, Malik Heath (both 93 composite) and Guidry on paper is the best WR class we've signed that I can remember. I also remember people hyping up these guys and we've gotten very little out of them and nothing from Jason.

Btw our 2015 WR class on paper was pretty good with Donald Gray and if you count Malik Heath as a WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Best? No. Largest, maybe. One of them is a wasted ship IMO. Not saying it's bad. It's not. But it's nothing special. Let's see how they develop.
    Nah, it's the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Devonta Jason, Malik Heath (both 93 composite) and Guidry on paper is the best WR class we've signed that I can remember. I also remember people hyping up these guys and we've gotten very little out of them and nothing from Jason.

Btw our 2015 WR class on paper was pretty good with Donald Gray and if you count Malik Heath as a WR.
    The WR class we signed this year is better than those guys & the Wr class we've got this year are also eligible.
    Not to mention, again, the best QB we've ever signed & along with Simeon Price, who seems legit.

This is the best offensive class we've signed. Not sure it's close

vCash
    The WR class we signed this year is better than those guys & the Wr class we've got this year are also eligible.
    Not to mention, again, the best QB we've ever signed & along with Simeon Price, who seems legit.

Again, you don't know that. Yea their film looks good and they're highly rated, but until they get between those lines it doesn't mean damn thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Again, you don't know that. Yea their film looks good and they're highly rated, but until they get between those lines it doesn't mean damn thing.
    Well yeah. That's fairly obvious, but we'd have nothing to talk about if we just said that about everything

I've never understood people that post what you just posted.

vCash

Chad Bumphis and his crew 2009 look better on paper than these guys.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 12-17-2020 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Well yeah. That's fairly obvious, but we'd have nothing to talk about if we just said that about everything

I've never understood people that post what you just posted.
    And all your doing is spinning that this class is the greatest receiver class we've ever had based on stars, how Yancy of you. I'm not saying you can't be excited about the class, but to call them the greatest class of WR we've ever had is nothing more than your opinion so calling everyone else's opinion wrong is pretty shortsighted. Again, we could have 2-3 All SEC 1st teamers out of this class....or we could have none. I'm very high on Jacobi Moore and actually think he will end up being the best of the group.

vCash
    Nah, it's the best
    You need to research some classes. We've had some damn good ones over the years. Especially the Jackie years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You need to research some classes. We've had some damn good ones over the years. Especially the Jackie years.
    I'd take a Matthew Butler, Terrell Grindle, Kelvin Love, or Larry Huntington over any guy in this class. And yes, that includes Teddy Knox.