Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash

vCash
    Myzel Williams is announcing Monday. Looks like he will be committing to State.

https://twitter.com/chrisboyledbnj/s...574339084?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Myzel Williams is announcing Monday. Looks like he will be committing to State.

https://twitter.com/chrisboyledbnj/s...574339084?s=21
    Do you have some inside info on this? I hope you are right. I can?t tell anything from the tweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Do you have some inside info on this? I hope you are right. I can?t tell anything from the tweet.
    Has two crystal balls for MSU.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Thanks, I didn?t know that. Fingers crossed.

vCash
    Are we turning the tide on Deion Smith?

Seems to be a sniff in the wind
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are we turning the tide on Deion Smith?

Seems to be a sniff in the wind
    Where did you hear that? Would be big.

vCash
    put yourself in Deion Smith's moccasins.

You can go to LSU & you really aren't sure what they're offense will look like in 2 years. You really don't know.

Or now with Knox & Robertson committed & Nabers almost committed, you can come to MSU & not be double covered while playing with a top flight QB & for the greatest passing coach in history.

You'd have to think Knox & Nabers being Bulldogs would have at least get Smith to think about coming to MSU.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    put yourself in Deion Smith's moccasins.

You can go to LSU & you really aren't sure what they're offense will look like in 2 years. You really don't know.

Or now with Knox & Robertson committed & Nabers almost committed, you can come to MSU & not be double covered while playing with a top flight QB & for the greatest passing coach in history.

You'd have to think Knox & Nabers being Bulldogs would have at least get Smith to think about coming to MSU.
    I see what you're saying but LSU is about to have 4 Of the Top 10 WR committed in the next month or so. Knox & Nabers isn't moving the needle like Earle, Hilton, & Thomas. Now hopefully LSU offense takes a step back. That will make a bigger difference than who's coming in with him at WR. That & along with some friends already at MSU.

vCash
    Also, I think once/if the season gets going, we will open even more WR eyes when we’re slinging the ball all over the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I see what you're saying but LSU is about to have 4 Of the Top 10 WR committed in the next month or so. Knox & Nabers isn't moving the needle like Earle, Hilton, & Thomas. Now hopefully LSU offense takes a step back. That will make a bigger difference than who's coming in with him at WR. That & along with some friends already at MSU.
    All true.

My point is that the combination of Robertson, Knox, and Nabers should only help with Deion.

Hopefully this is a Charles Cross type recruitment

vCash
    Barton Simmons throws a pick for MSU for Malik Nabers. His CB looking good.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

vCash
    Justin Walley picks up a CB to Baylor.

Weird. Hopefully with his brother here, we end up getting him

vCash
    I got a feeling that the only way we don?t get Walley is if we don?t push for him.

vCash
    New commit

[tweet2]1277632193330851841[/tweet2]

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No idea who the new commit is, regardless welcome to the family young man.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Myzel Williams,a safety from Florida, commits.

vCash
    Good early get. Got 30 D1 offers, believe 9-10 are P5. He's super aggressive watching his film. Not afraid to stick his nose in there and light someone up.

Gotta say, this coaching staff appears to be pretty good at finding these underrated kids early that seem like kids who could blow up (this kid, Thomas Davis, I'd put Corey Ellington in this category). It's early and they have to hold on to kids they find early that do wind up blowing up (Thomas Davis being an example) & their evals will be judged on when the kids actually get to campus. But I really like the way this staff is recruiting. Need to see some more on the DL/OL recruiting but it's an unusual year as far as OL/DL recruits in MS.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Good early get. Got 30 D1 offers, believe 9-10 are P5. He's super aggressive watching his film. Not afraid to stick his nose in there and light someone up.

Gotta say, this coaching staff appears to be pretty good at finding these underrated kids early that seem like kids who could blow up (this kid, Thomas Davis, I'd put Corey Ellington in this category). It's early and they have to hold on to kids they find early that do wind up blowing up (Thomas Davis being an example) & their evals will be judged on when the kids actually get to campus. But I really like the way this staff is recruiting. Need to see some more on the DL/OL recruiting but it's an unusual year as far as OL/DL recruits in MS.
    Yeah good player. His ranking is likely a casualty of a poor evaluation period. Looks like a high 3 star at worst. An 88-89 type

This staff has been together digging up these guys for years. Wazzou had more Florida kids on the roster than MSU

vCash
    Yeah good player. His ranking is likely a casualty of a poor evaluation period. Looks like a high 3 star at worst. An 88-89 type

This staff has been together digging up these guys for years. Wazzou had more Florida kids on the roster than MSU
    Good point. I had forgotten they had gotten several players to come to WSU from FL.

Need to pick up Timar Rogers from FL also. He's another severely underrated kid. Very solid looking LB.

Very excited to see how this class ultimately shakes out because there's really good early vibes most positions, just gotta figure out the OL/DL recruiting for this odd year in MS.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState