Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    In the strangest commitment I've ever seen. Kanarious Johnson commits to ........... Tulane

This obviously won't stick, but what's going on here?

[tweet2]1282716853471715328[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    In the strangest commitment I've ever seen. Kanarious Johnson commits to ........... Tulane

Looks like he?s just reserving a spot since we haven?t pushed for a commit yet

vCash

What in the name of hell is this? Ms was supposed to have this huge WR class this year, so does this mean we'd take only 1 maybe 2 out of the entire group?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What in the name of hell is this? Ms was supposed to have this huge WR class this year, so does this mean we'd take only 1 maybe 2 out of the entire group?
    No. It means we are going to push for him later most likely.

vCash
    KJ won’t end up at Tulane...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. It means we are going to push for him later most likely.
    Later? So we are still evaluating? This is funny

vCash
    Later? So we are still evaluating? This is funny
    We don't have a camp this year. It's not just the player as an individual that they are evaluating- it's the position group as a whole. Normally during camps there are players that emerge. Because there aren't any our coaches are going to have to evaluate in season.

That said, shit can happen and these players have to watch out for themselves and Johnson just made sure he has a spot at a great school no matter what. If/when MSU pushes he has a spot in the SEC. If not he has a full scholarship to Tulane. He's smart. It's like Austin Hendricks committing to us in baseball even though he was always going pro. Let's say Hendricks had broken his arm or wrist in high school and his stock dropped. Well, worst case scenario he's going to a SEC school that has put a lot of MLB players in the big leagues and would have had a chance to prove himself and build his stock back up.

vCash
    Well when he have 3 better targets out of state, 2 that we are for sure getting, it makes sense to me.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash

Not even the strangest commit today. ESPN 300 and top 10 pocket passer Shedeur Sanders (Son of Deion Sanders) committed to FAU today.

There is no answer to the question, why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We don't have a camp this year. It's not just the player as an individual that they are evaluating- it's the position group as a whole. Normally during camps there are players that emerge. Because there aren't any our coaches are going to have to evaluate in season.

That said, shit can happen and these players have to watch out for themselves and Johnson just made sure he has a spot at a great school no matter what. If/when MSU pushes he has a spot in the SEC. If not he has a full scholarship to Tulane. He's smart. It's like Austin Hendricks committing to us in baseball even though he was always going pro. Let's say Hendricks had broken his arm or wrist in high school and his stock dropped. Well, worst case scenario he's going to a SEC school that has put a lot of MLB players in the big leagues and would have had a chance to prove himself and build his stock back up.
    Ok, I had been hearing that we were on him heavy. I see it's a security move. Thanks.

vCash
    Is MJ Daniels not a take for us? Came out with his Top 6 today and we aren't in it. He's been tweeting a lot of pro MSU stuff and now we aren't in his Top 6.

I guess I find that a tad curious. I thought we were very much in it with him and now we aren't even in his Top 6. Just found that odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Is MJ Daniels not a take for us? Came out with his Top 6 today and we aren't in it. He's been tweeting a lot of pro MSU stuff and now we aren't in his Top 6.

I guess I find that a tad curious. I thought we were very much in it with him and now we aren't even in his Top 6. Just found that odd.
    I’m pretty sure he would be a take. Recruiting starting to get a little dicey.

vCash

Ugh.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

This one makes no sense. Something is going on behind the scenes on this one. No way Indiana makes his top 6 and we don?t!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    This one makes no sense. Something is going on behind the scenes on this one. No way Indiana makes his top 6 and we don?t!!
    Sounds like he's headed back to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Who knows. It's hard to believe much about recruiting anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Sounds like he's headed back to Ole Miss.
    He's not, but don't be surprised if another recruit is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's not, but don't be surprised if another recruit is.
    Buckhaulter?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    IYOK, Cooter, whoever has some "scoop"- who do you expect to fill out our WR class?

Buckhaulter flipping would suck. He's a hoss. He's not a "make or break" your WR class type because we're on plenty of talented WR's it sounds like but I don't like the idea of him flipping back to OM.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState