Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    The Oregon Nike hype plays well - better than I ever thought it would but that's still a long way from home so I doubt we quit trying to recruit him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I?m sure Moorhead being there helped, but in his commitment tweet, he didn?t mention or tag Moorhead. I think they will be here to snag one or two each year.
    It's Cristobal from when he coached at Bama.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    It's Cristobal from when he coached at Bama.
    Yep & they have a few other asst coaches with southern ties also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    JT Daniels commits to Georgia while Georgia has 5 star HS QB committed.

I don't get it. Why, with all the other more QB friendly schemes, would Daniels transfer to UGA?
    Per Rosebowl GA is going to try hard to get Daniels a waiver for immediate eligibility. If that happens can you imagine how pissed Jamie Newman will be? He gives up his starting job at Wake Forest to go be a grad transfer starter at GA, and if Daniels get eligible he may only be the backup at GA. I'm sure he didn't plan on GA bringing in a guy the caliber of Daniels when he signed with GA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Per Rosebowl GA is going to try hard to get Daniels a waiver for immediate eligibility. If that happens can you imagine how pissed Jamie Newman will be? He gives up his starting job at Wake Forest to go be a grad transfer starter at GA, and if Daniels get eligible he may only be the backup at GA. I'm sure he didn't plan on GA bringing in a guy the caliber of Daniels when he signed with GA.
    The transfer portal badly needs to be organized with signing dates. I've been saying it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep & they have a few other asst coaches with southern ties also.
    Hell can't say I blame them. To me Oregon has been a national brand for over 10 years now. They know they can get difference makers here in MS.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Yeah I’d be pissed if I was Newman and you know every school will use that against GA in the future

What basis are they using for the waiver for Daniels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah I’d be pissed if I was Newman and you know every school will use that against GA in the future

What basis are they using for the waiver for Daniels?
    Not sure exactly other than the NCAA is likely going to be more open to waivers this year with the pandemic situation and no spring practices. I'm really just going off of SR's podcast last Friday where he goes over the QB situation for each SEC team. He claimed that GA was going to do all they could to get Daniels immediately eligible. Not sure what the basis would be and don't remember any specifics. Here is an article on it.

https://247sports.com/Article/JT-Dan...art-147645746/

vCash
    So the commit from last week, was it a false alarm?

vCash
    We made the cut for several key players today.

WR Dewain Lofton released His top 8 today that included us. He's a speedy slot receiver. We have a good shot, but many think he wants to stay close to home, so the Texas schools need to be watched.

DL Demarcus Smith released his top 4 of us, OM, Tennessee, and Kansas. Good player. Big bodied DE. Not sure where we stand yet.

S Myzel Williams released a top 5 of us, USCe, Louisville, NC State, and Cal. Physical safety. Reminds me of a Mark McLaurin or a Nickoe Whitley.

vCash
    MJ Daniels decommits from Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    MJ Daniels decommits from Ole Miss
    Leach strikes back.**

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What's good for the goose. None of these players leaving us give a damn what kind of shape they are leaving us in. We've lost 3 starting SEC players. They can all get over it. I'm all for them being able to go where they want, but the school has to look out for itself. The players want to have their cake and eat it too. No one made him give up his starting job and go to Georgia.

vCash
    Rosebowl just put in a crystal ball for Malik Nabers to MSU.

We got to clean up the green, but our offense is about to bad 17ing ass.

If Leach can find the typical MSU defensive guys, this has a chance to be special.

I love what I'm seeing so far. Leach's reputation is actually paying off on the recruiting trail
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-07-2020 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rosebowl just put in a crystal ball for Malik Nabers to MSU.

We got to clean up the green, but our offense is about to bad 17ing ass.

If Leach can find the typical MSU defensive guys, this has a chance to special.

I love what I'm seeing so far. Leach's reputation is actually paying off on the recruiting trail
    That's awesome and I really hope he sticks, but i won't feel comfortable until the pen hits the paper with him. All it would take is LSU to throw him an offer at the last minute, and he'd be gone. Wouldn't matter if it was to play kicker. That said...

Knox
    Nabers
    Buckhaulter
    Johnson
    Lofton
    Coleman or Moore

That's the best WR class we've ever had

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's awesome and I really hope he sticks, but i won't feel comfortable until the pen hits the paper with him. All it would take is LSU to throw him an offer at the last minute, and he'd be gone. Wouldn't matter if it was to play kicker. That said...

Knox
    Nabers
    Buckhaulter
    Johnson
    Lofton
    Coleman or Moore

No doubt. It's also why we need Costello & company to have some success this Fall.

That would be our best WR in history BY FAR. Nothing else even resembles this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Knox
    Nabers
    Buckhaulter
    Johnson
    Lofton
    Coleman or Moore

I can't see LSU taking everybody in Louisiana. Coach O is starting to try to recruit nationally. That could be good for us since Louisiana is a place we should look second to Mississippi for talent. We could be getting a couple of guys that LSU may have gotten a couple of years ago.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    https://twitter.com/BryceGoodner68 This kid is a dang beast

I know he doesn't have an offer, but I'd like to see him given a look.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 06-08-2020 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    N. Strong finally official.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    N. Strong finally official.
    Nice. Getting quality defensive recruits will be ginormous for Leach