Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I doubt people are still taking this bait from you.
    What do you mean? What bait?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I pulled up his video & he's rangy. My first thought was KJ Wright, but I have no idea what his speed is. Kind of a Derrick Hall type maybe.

Does he have the speed to play the hybrid 3-4 OLB/DE?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11034221/Tyvoris-Cooper
    He's good. He's deceptively quick on his second and third step. He uses his length well. He's got good ability to use his hands and get off of blocks. My biggest issue with him is he plays "high". He naturally get high in his stance and it causes him to lose some quickness and agility in the backfield. But he's got a motor to chase down some of those plays.
    Any negatives I saw can be corrected. If he can get rid of getting high, he can massively improve his leverage at the line and get that first step burst to get faster.

vCash
    I stand corrected. Akers was the year before.

Akers
    Heath
    Dean - higher rated than Cross.
    Jackson
    Smith

So that 4 of 5 years. That's not good

Unless you think it's good. Do you think this is a good job by MSU? only Heath actually took a visit to MSU. Think about that
    I'm curious to see if that changes under Leach. I think a lot of that was Dan's fault. He didn't recruit hard enough to get very many of the non-diamonds in the rough and even worse he didn't beat the big names enough. If he had beaten Alabama even once to go along with a 9 win regular season with an Egg Bowl win I think the blue-chip recruits would start to buy into the MSU brand a little more. Of course, we prided ourselves on developing diamonds in the rough and while I think that's a good thing I'm sure the bluebloods used that against us some- "You're not a diamond the rough. Come to Alabama, LSU, Georgia, or wherever and play with the other bluechips like you."

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I stand corrected. Akers was the year before.

Akers
    Heath
    Dean - higher rated than Cross.
    Jackson
    Smith

So that 4 of 5 years. That's not good

Unless you think it's good. Do you think this is a good job by MSU? only Heath actually took a visit to MSU. Think about that
    You're isolating the #1 player. The last 4 classes we've signed 10 out of the 20 kids in the Top 5. No other school has more than 2. So why we may not have signed the #1 player instate the few years we've done really well with the Top 5.

vCash
    What's anyone's opinion on Howard? He's got a really low ranking. He committed to Joe's staff didn't he? Is he the typical underrated MS kid who is actually a baller, is he a good fit for this scheme, could we possibly find someone a little more talented than him or are we even actively recruiting many RB's? Just haven't seen a ton on RB recruiting. It'd be a sticky situation to drop a Starkville kid but is he talented enough to be the only RB we sign if we are just signing 1 or is this a 2 RB class?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    So why we may not have signed the #1 player instate the few years we've done really well with the Top 5.
    So you think it's a good think we continue to miss on the top player?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think it's overblown if we're getting half of the top 5. Of course I'd love to get all the best players but that don't mean it's embarrassing if we don't get #1 if we're getting 2, 4, & 5. I don't expect you to agree & that's cool. You've been beating this #1 player drum for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    What's anyone's opinion on Howard? He's got a really low ranking. He committed to Joe's staff didn't he? Is he the typical underrated MS kid who is actually a baller, is he a good fit for this scheme, could we possibly find someone a little more talented than him or are we even actively recruiting many RB's? Just haven't seen a ton on RB recruiting. It'd be a sticky situation to drop a Starkville kid but is he talented enough to be the only RB we sign if we are just signing 1 or is this a 2 RB class?
    Kid got almost no film. Need to see more. Power back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kid got almost no film. Need to see more. Power back.
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1095419...aa790fccb0d20e

vCash
    Looks like he has good vision and can catch.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    It happens. The top player in every SEC state typically has their choice of whatever school they want to attend.
    An example: 2021 will be the first time UGA has signed the top player in GA since 2015.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It happens. The top player in every SEC state typically has their choice of whatever school they want to attend.
    An example: 2021 will be the first time UGA has signed the top player in GA since 2015.
    MS is special though... Don't you know it shouldn't happen to us? Surely these kids have pride in where they come from. They should be loyal.******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    MS is special though... Don't you know it shouldn't happen to us? Surely these kids have pride in where they come from. They should be loyal.******
    The reality is we're going to have to start beating people like Alabama, LSU, and Georgia some like I said for us to start pulling those players even more consistently than we are. When Jackie did that we started to pull players like Dontae Walker and Jerious Norwood.

That's why we pull top players in state in baseball. We've shown that we can beat top teams consistently and get to Omaha. I think a lot of players in Mississippi want to play for their state- but they also want to compete for championships too. Some still come to MSU anyway of course.

If Leach can beat Alabama 20% of the time we will start pulling the best players.

vCash
    That's interesting. I bet Georgia has a lot more competition for in state players compared to us though. Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and South Carolina are relying a lot on Georgia talent I would imagine. And probably a little bit from Florida State and Florida too. Also, I think Georgia Tech hasn't been as much of a factor just because of the type of scheme that they ran under Paul Johnson and I'm sure that has greatly affected their recruiting across the board.

vCash
    Doesn't look fast but can pound it. I don't see him as a feature back in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The reality is we're going to have to start beating people like Alabama, LSU, and Georgia some like I said for us to start pulling those players even more consistently than we are. When Jackie did that we started to pull players like Dontae Walker and Jerious Norwood.

That's why we pull top players in state in baseball. We've shown that we can beat top teams consistently and get to Omaha. I think a lot of players in Mississippi want to play for their state- but they also want to compete for championships too. Some still come to MSU anyway of course.

If Leach can beat Alabama 20% of the time we will start pulling the best players.
    You make a good point. In fact, I was trying to remember when the last time it was that we beat a team that finished the regular season with 9 or more wins? I really don't know.

vCash
    Damn! UGA should be embarrassed. ***

vCash
    That's interesting. I bet Georgia has a lot more competition for in state players compared to us though. Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and South Carolina are relying a lot on Georgia talent I would imagine. And probably a little bit from Florida State and Florida too. Also, I think Georgia Tech hasn't been as much of a factor just because of the type of scheme that they ran under Paul Johnson and I'm sure that has greatly affected their recruiting across the board.
    But... GA has ~5x the population of MS too. You would think that UGA would covet the #1 player from GA, but hell, they're probably taking the #1 from some other state.

vCash
    That has a bit to do with it.

Here is where it gets crazy and I think will start to cost UGA -
    They signed only 3 of the Top 25 players in Georgia this year, and only 8 Georgia kids in this class. The majority of their roster is now from out of state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    You make a good point. In fact, I was trying to remember when the last time it was that we beat a team that finished the regular season with 9 or more wins? I really don't know.
    Funny you picked 9. In 2014, we beat 3-4 teams that won 8 games.