Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I thought he got an offer from Auburn? If that's the case we probably wouldn't have gotten him if we pushed for him since that was allegedly where he wanted to go all along.
    What does Auburn want to use him for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What does Auburn want to use him for?
    Running back I think.

vCash
    Is this the best offensive class we have ever signed if we get the Louisiana RB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Is this the best offensive class we have ever signed if we get the Louisiana RB?
    I would have to think so. Only thing missing to me is another quality high school OL. I like Reese a lot and think he's underrated. With the losses we've had on the OL during the year and to the draft I think he makes the 2 deep next year, especially since he's an early enrollee.

Boone and Cavazos aren't going to make an impact until at least year 3 I don't think. Wish we had another impact high school OL to round that side of the ball out.

vCash
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    No
    What class would be then? A 4 star QB 3 4 star WR?s and a 4 star RB..... what class is better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    No
    Based on rankings Yes it is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I would have to think so. Only thing missing to me is another quality high school OL. I like Reese a lot and think he's underrated. With the losses we've had on the OL during the year and to the draft I think he makes the 2 deep next year, especially since he's an early enrollee.

Boone and Cavazos aren't going to make an impact until at least year 3 I don't think. Wish we had another impact high school OL to round that side of the ball out.
    Rather have a grad transfer RT ( if they can either start or for sure be in the 2 deep) to bridge the gap for Reese.. let him get on that left side behind Cross and be ready when he moves on for the NFL.. I think Cross has that special year and if he does it could his last one..
    Nick Jones ( early enroll) or Carson Williams are going to have to be ready to go at the OT position.. I just don’t trust Kameron Jones at RT .. hopefully this past year, the spring and this offseason will make me a believer..

vCash
    I think it is. A LOT of potential out of this class. And to think, we did all this with no on campus visits or any camps during the summer. I know we got burned on Strong and Daniels, but I've been really impressed with how this staff has recruited. I believe, this could end up being Leach's highest rated signing class. Not bad for his first year in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think it is. A LOT of potential out of this class. And to think, we did all this with no on campus visits or any camps during the summer. I know we got burned on Strong and Daniels, but I've been really impressed with how this staff has recruited. I believe, this could end up being Leach's highest rated signing class. Not bad for his first year in the SEC.
    Agree very impressive what the staff did with the covid and the sub par season on the field. And we aren’t done yet.
    They also cleaned up that locker room in record time..

And regarding MJ ... yes it would have been great to get this kid.. but after hearing and learning of all the bullshit and shenanigans that went on during his recruitment maybe we are better off.
    One would think this kid is a 5 star can’t miss 3 year nfl first rounder... can’t remember a 3 star kid getting this much publicity.. let’s see if the 6 figures plus pans out for OM

Side note He had the same rating as Janari Dean.. Just think of the rating Dean may have gotten if had only played Safety in high school..

Let’s see who ends up with the better college career..

I will take our guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Agree very impressive what the staff did with the covid and the sub par season on the field. And we aren’t done yet.
    They also cleaned up that locker room in record time..

And regarding MJ ... yes it would have been great to get this kid.. but after hearing and learning of all the bullshit and shenanigans that went on during his recruitment maybe we are better off.
    One would think this kid is a 5 star can’t miss 3 year nfl first rounder... can’t remember a 3 star kid getting this much publicity.. let’s see if the 6 figures plus pans out for OM

Side note He had the same rating as Janari Dean.. Just think of the rating Dean may have gotten if had only played Safety in high school..

Let’s see who ends up with the better college career..

I will take our guy.
    Steve actually brought this point up during Daniels' recruitment and basically said any other year it wouldn't have been that much publicity but due to it being a bad year for in state talent Daniels got a lot more attention than he probably warranted. I agree though that I'll take Dean over Daniels. And the good news for us.....they'll both be True Freshman next year.

vCash
    Lots of projects in that OL class.

vCash
    Steve actually brought this point up during Daniels' recruitment and basically said any other year it wouldn't have been that much publicity but due to it being a bad year for in state talent Daniels got a lot more attention than he probably warranted. I agree though that I'll take Dean over Daniels. And the good news for us.....they'll both be True Freshman next year.
    You guys can down play Daniels but he's good. He also got them a damn good player next year too. We completely whiffed at CB. That's the sore spot. Everything else is solid. Can't complain much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You guys can down play Daniels but he's good. He also got them a damn good player next year too. We completely whiffed at CB. That's the sore spot. Everything else is solid. Can't complain much.
    I'm not saying that he's not a good player. I think he COULD be a solid contributor for them. I was saying that the hype surrounding him was made greater because the in state talent was weak this year.

vCash
    Lots of projects in that OL class.
    Seems like it always is for us and therein lies our problem. We can get tons of skill players, but games are won primarily in the trenches, and we have been lacking in quality OL and DL for a long time. We get a few but not nearly enough to compete with the likes of Alabama and the other elite teams.

vCash
    I'm not saying that he's not a good player. I think he COULD be a solid contributor for them. I was saying that the hype surrounding him was made greater because the in state talent was weak this year.
    He had a great showing at the all star practices/game vs good competition. He was a miss. There's no way around that and we failed to find a replacement. We literally only have one kid with the potential to be an SEC CB behind our two starters. That's why it's a big deal. Plus, he's versatile and is dragging along another really good player. But he can eat a bag a dicks for handling things like he did. 17 him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Seems like it always is for us and therein lies our problem. We can get tons of skill players, but games are won primarily in the trenches, and we have been lacking in quality OL and DL for a long time. We get a few but not nearly enough to compete with the likes of Alabama and the other elite teams.
    This doesn't ring true for me. We have been able to field solid OL/DL for the last decade. The reason we haven't taken the next step is because we have lacked elite skill players.

vCash
    He's not 130K good. I mean, Cam Newton was 180K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's not 130K good. I mean, Cam Newton was 180K.
    Cost of living adjustment.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Based on rankings Yes it is...
    Tyler Russell and his offensive weapons that year were ranked higher individually.