Page 72 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    His senior film is very impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    His senior film is very impressive.
    Lashard Durr has been thrown out of a comp. Too me Durr may have had a little more top end speed but Johnson has a good bit more agility & better feet. Could see a hybrid safety/corner in the mold of Brain Cole or Pegues. Doesn't have those guy's ratings, but could end up being what those guys were.

What really intrigues me additionally about this guys is that he's a 4.0 student & a 35 ACT type. Having extremely intelligent players on the back end of your defense is awesome.

I think he's the Jaden Walley type of this class. Instincts & smooth
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Has a US Naval Academy offer, needs to take it.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Has a US Naval Academy offer, needs to take it.
    LOL. Why?

What if he doesn't want to be in the Navy or has always wanted to play at MSU? What if Stanford offers?

Or even bigger, what if he wants to play in the NFL, which isn't possible with the Navy's 4 year post grad commitment?

vCash
    If you watch his senior film on HUDL, it lists that he has a 35 on the ACT and is a 4.0 student. Holy cow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    LOL. Why?

What if he doesn't want to be in the Navy or has always wanted to play at MSU? What if Stanford offers?

Or even bigger, what if he wants to play in the NFL, which isn't possible with the Navy's 4 year post grad commitment?
    Meh this is a homer reply. Yeah if his aspiration is the NFL, but with a 35 ACT and 4.0 I would bet this kid knows what his future is and how he wants to accomplish it. At the end of the day, not many schools beat a degree from Annapolis. That being said, hope we get him.

Plus I believe the defense secretary signed in the Trump proposal to let service academies defer to immediately go play sports. Believe you need to defer or pay back tuition at the end of the day, but you can definitely do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Meh this is a homer reply. Yeah if his aspiration is the NFL, but with a 35 ACT and 4.0 I would bet this kid knows what his future is and how he wants to accomplish it. At the end of the day, not many schools beat a degree from Annapolis. That being said, hope we get him.

Plus I believe the defense secretary signed in the Trump proposal to let service academies defer to immediately go play sports. Believe you need to defer or pay back tuition at the end of the day, but you can definitely do it.
    Correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post

Maybe. Either way his mom is a Dr on MSU's campus and his family are season ticket holders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Those are who more football-knowledgeable and know more about the in-state '21 class, where does Buckhaulter rank among the in-state WR crop? He Tweeted out he's coming for an unofficial tomorrow. OM commit. Do we have a shot with him, how does he compare to Brevard/Smith/Harmon/Moore/etc.? Good sized kid at 6'3" 195 lbs.
    IMO I've only seen him play once and keep in mind it was against private school kids, but he has good length and highpoints the ball really well. He's probably better than Brevard or Harmon, but I think they're both a bit overrated. If I had to compare him to a past MSU receiver I'd probably say someone like a Fred Brown. I don't think he'll contribute right away but could become a solid player for us in 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    IMO I've only seen him play once and keep in mind it was against private school kids, but he has good length and highpoints the ball really well. He's probably better than Brevard or Harmon, but I think they're both a bit overrated. If I had to compare him to a past MSU receiver I'd probably say someone like a Fred Brown. I don't think he'll contribute right away but could become a solid player for us in 2-3 years.
    I like him better than Harmon & Brevard as well but he's bigger and thicker framed than Fred Brown.

Not a comparison of overall ability, but he's more like AJ Brown in style & thickness. Just obviously not as highly recruited or as good.

Buckhalter is already 6'2" 195 while Fred Brown played at MSU at 6'1" 195. Looking at their body types, Buckhalter will be thicker like AJ Brown

Here is some HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/v/2EUTqe
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-25-2020 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    I like him better than Harmon & Brevard as well but he's bigger and thicker framed than Fred Brown.

Not a comparison of overall ability, but he's more like AJ Brown in style & thickness. Just obviously not as highly recruited or as good.

Buckhalter is already 6'2" 195 while Fred Brown played at MSU at 6'1" 195. Looking at their body types, Buckhalter will be thicker like AJ Brown

Here is some HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/v/2EUTqe
    AJ played at OM at 6’1” 225lbs. I doubt Buckhaulter is nearly as talented or as think as Brown during his time at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    AJ played at OM at 6’1” 225lbs. I doubt Buckhaulter is nearly as talented or as think as Brown during his time at State.
    I didn't say he was as talented. Actually said just the opposite.

Buchhalter has a thicker lower half than Fred Brown. More physical runner. Just saying his style & build look similar to AJ. I bet Buck plays at MSU at 6'2" 210-215 or so.

vCash
    I bet Buck plays at MSU at 6'2" 210-215 or so.
    I think he plays at Ole Miss at 6'2" 225 pounds as a converted safety

vCash
    LOL. Why?

Gun, sometimes I wonder about you sometimes. Do you know how prestigious and valuable a degree from a US Military Academy is? It's top notch connections to great jobs and lots or money. It's a smooth path to CEO jobs, which makes NFL money look like chump change. And yes it is more prestigious than a Stanford degree, why do you think it is so hard to get an appointment to a Service Academy? I hope you're just trying to start an argument and your not that dumb.

vCash
    LOL. Why?

Oh and by the way Roger Staubach was a US Naval Academy graduate.

vCash
    Oh and by the way Roger Staubach was a US Naval Academy graduate.
    I've got the upmost respect for the Naval Academy. I've spent time there & it's a great place.

However, it's not where you go if you want to play in the NFL. Sorry just saying.

vCash
    I just don't know what to say, playing in the NFL is not the highest aspiration in life.

vCash
    I just don't know what to say, playing in the NFL is not the highest aspiration in life.
    For you maybe not & I respect that to the highest degree. Wish there were more like you. But it's a higher aspiration for about 99% of 18 year old kids than being in the Navy.

vCash
    His dream has been to play football at Mississippi State. Direct quote from Calvin himself.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Every person should follow THEIR dream, Not the dream someone else feels is best for them. Chase dreams! That's what life is about, Not money or prestige.