Page 78 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    OL commit Makylan Pounders said he's got some big news tonight.....he jumping ship or does he know of a new commit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    OL commit Makylan Pounders said he's got some big news tonight.....he jumping ship or does he know of a new commit?
    Probably releasing a list of his finalists.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Probably releasing a list of his finalists.
    He's already committed, isn't he? If he's releasing a list that would mean he's no longer committed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    He's already committed, isn't he? If he's releasing a list that would mean he's no longer committed
    Kid loves attention. None of it makes sense.

vCash
    Kid loves attention. None of it makes sense.
    Luke has called him. Let's hope he doesn't flip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Luke has called him. Let's hope he doesn't flip.
    He's not flipping. Luke carries little weight instate. One guy really.

vCash
    Ole Miss is about to make things interesting these next few weeks. Beating us on the field wasn't good enough for them. Makylan Pounders, Brandon Buckhaulter, MJ Daniels, Demarcus Smith, Ty Cooper. These are battles we need to win.

vCash
    I don't see Pounders or Daniels flipping. Copper is a wait and see no matter.
    I like the guys we're probably about to get.

vCash
    Ole Miss is about to make things interesting these next few weeks. Beating us on the field wasn't good enough for them. Makylan Pounders, Brandon Buckhaulter, MJ Daniels, Demarcus Smith, Ty Cooper. These are battles we need to win.
    I think they love "winning" recruiting more than they love winning the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think they love "winning" recruiting more than they love winning the Egg Bowl.
    Absolutely. Recruiting is their main sport. Everything else is secondary.

vCash
    Absolutely. Recruiting is their main sport. Everything else is secondary.
    It's ironic to me. Remember the 2010 Army AA debacle? And then four years later when those guys should have been juniors and seniors we beat them and you have Hugh Freeze telling his team "We need to recruit better."

vCash
    Makylan has been committed to us since April. So tonight he announces his Top 5 of us, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, and Memphis.

I find that odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Makylan has been committed to us since April. So tonight he announces his Top 5 of us, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, and Memphis.

I find that odd.
    It is odd, but it usually means their just building up excitement. He'll be a dawg
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I find that odd.
    That is not remotely odd based on what recruiting has become in the last decade. Not saying that there is nothing to worry about with him, I have no idea, there could be or it may be nothing.

But there are committed kids that do stuff like this every single year. It is the world we live in now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    That is not remotely odd based on what recruiting has become in the last decade. Not saying that there is nothing to worry about with him, I have no idea, there could be or it may be nothing.

But there are committed kids that do stuff like this every single year. It is the world we live in now.
    I don't disagree, but my question is did he tell the staff he was opening his recruitment back up? Was our staff aware that this would take place? That's my biggest concern.

I know our staff seems to be re-evaluating a lot right now in the recruiting side and maybe it's possible this is related. But it's definitely more on the not common side of things we have to deal with. Kid didn't decommit. He just announced a Top 5. That's just strange.

vCash
    Like someone else said, he likes the attention. He's drumming up some. Let him have his fun and sign with us in a couple weeks.

vCash
    Saw where Paul put in a CB for Buckhaulter to OM with a 9/10 confidence rate. Go get Simeon Price if he flips and I feel fine. Also, a guy who was committed to OM, then State, and then OM (if he flips), usually does not pan out.

vCash
    If we get Price then it evens out.

We honestly need to move on from these prima donnas that keep doing all this bs. If you want to act uncommited then don't commit. It's honestly that simple. The good one's don't do this crap. Simmons never did any of this......1st round pick. Fletcher Cox never did any of this......1st round pick. Although OM tried to make it seem like he was, Chris Jones never did any of this......2nd round pick. The one's that just want to play are the one's you want. It's why you haven't seen any of it from Robertson, Knox, or Nabors. Coincidentally, that's why they'll play next year. They keep their head down and just grind. People who want to be front and center in all this bs are the one's that struggle to adjust at the next level because everyone isn't telling them how great they are for doing the ordinary things P5 players are supposed to do......RANT OVER.

vCash
    Think we're gonna replace him with Kanarius Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we get Price then it evens out.

We honestly need to move on from these prima donnas that keep doing all this bs. If you want to act uncommited then don't commit. It's honestly that simple. The good one's don't do this crap. Simmons never did any of this......1st round pick. Fletcher Cox never did any of this......1st round pick. Although OM tried to make it seem like he was, Chris Jones never did any of this......2nd round pick. The one's that just want to play are the one's you want. It's why you haven't seen any of it from Robertson, Knox, or Nabors. Coincidentally, that's why they'll play next year. They keep their head down and just grind. People who want to be front and center in all this bs are the one's that struggle to adjust at the next level because everyone isn't telling them how great they are for doing the ordinary things P5 players are supposed to do......RANT OVER.
    THere was a ton of drama with Fletcher Cox and Chris Jones, just didn't play out over twitter. Some of these kids just enjoy having their recruiting play out online.