Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
It is ok to have legit concerns about Leach after year 1 both in recruiting and on the field. What is amazing is that they are both polar opposites, the football team on the field closed fairly strong and the recruiting class has fizzled towards the end. Sure we have done well in the portal, but I'm not counting on portal players yet - so far its a mixed bag for almost every program.

Bottom line is that we apparently are about to miss out on a DB to AU that we could have easily signed in December if we had offered, now I have no idea who we are going to sign, but it is a miss.

One of our OL signees has already left campus, we lost out on a key LB commit, same with a stud WR on signing day. Its simply been a tough finish. Any rational fan would say that regardless of their stance on Leach.

I have my concern about his offense working, I sure hope I'm wrong and we post a strong season because I think we are going to miss some of those war daddies up front that are graduating on the DL.
Our recruiting class looks exactly like every recruiting class we have had for a decade under the best regime in MSU history. This is with the worst in state class I have ever seen. Anyone concerned about recruiting (overall not one position group) is just not paying attention or lying to people on here (or has unrealistic expectations of MSU). Leach has 20 years of proof that his offense works. The SEC defense myth is tired. He will play 4 non conference weak defenses a year, Kentucky, Ole Miss, another East opponent, And Arkansas every single year. The idea that his offense can’t handle those type teams on a yearly basis is just not reality based on his history and the quality of players he is bringing in for us.