Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    I like this kid. I like his story. I think he'll end up being good.

I'm not sure taking him this early was the best idea. There are several other DE prospects out there that we now have to essentially pass on since we're likely taking 3 DL in this class. You save a spot for Ty Cooper. You fight like hell for Devin Lee at DT. Then later down the road, you take this guy for that last spot if no one else better jumps out at you. Unless this kid is a hybrid or something, it doesn't make sense this early.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    He's going to be a hybrid LB. he's playing academy ball in GA. That's the biggest reason he's not gotten many offers, along with not really hitting the camp circuit.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    He's going to be a hybrid LB. he's playing academy ball in GA. That's the biggest reason he's not gotten many offers, along with not really hitting the camp circuit.
    Naw we want him as a DE not the hybrid role. He's transferred to Locust Grove a 5A public school so more eyes will be on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Na. He's already 240 and will play way heavier that in college. He'll be a Defensive End for us in our 3 man front.
    Last edited by msu15; 08-01-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Ty Keyes commits to Tulane
    Keyes has some real potential. But I watched him against Jackson Prep and he was clearly overwhelmed. So he's got a long way to go. But Will Hall can develop him I think. Agree though that Will Hall may not be there long. He's going to be in demand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Keyes has some real potential. But I watched him against Jackson Prep and he was clearly overwhelmed. So he's got a long way to go. But Will Hall can develop him I think. Agree though that Will Hall may not be there long. He's going to be in demand.
    His receivers had double digit drops that night. He had a 60 yd TD run called back on an "inadvertent" whistle. Had at least 3 TD drops behind the defense. Missed one throw for a TD. Taylorsville played poorly but Keyes didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Naw we want him as a DE not the hybrid role. He's transferred to Locust Grove a 5A public school so more eyes will be on him.
    And that's really not good for us. The more he stays hidden the more likely it would be he sticks with us. Right now he doesn't even have any other P5 offers. Concerned there may be some things the Leach staff learns the hard way. Guess we will see.

vCash
    How do we feel about DL Devin Lee? He released his top several and we are in it along with Old Miss. From Georgia and VT is a finalist as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    How do we feel about DL Devin Lee? He released his top several and we are in it along with Old Miss. From Georgia and VT is a finalist as well.
    I don't know how we stand as far as his favorites go, but I know he's important in regards to our DL class. If you get him and Cooper, you can feel pretty good about where things stand, and it gives you some leeway to take a shot at an unknown like Marshall. Not gonna say he's a must have, but he's pretty close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And that's really not good for us. The more he stays hidden the more likely it would be he sticks with us. Right now he doesn't even have any other P5 offers. Concerned there may be some things the Leach staff learns the hard way. Guess we will see.
    Maybe, maybe not. Locust Grove is coming off of a 1-9 season.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    By now, I will be surprised if Leach has to learn much the hard way. We hired the absolute furthest person from a green coach as is universally possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    By now, I will be surprised if Leach has to learn much the hard way. We hired the absolute furthest person from a green coach as is universally possible.
    I don't care how many years he's coached, recruiting in the SEC in football is just a different animal. He did spend 2 years as OC at KY over 20 years ago but I doubt he was even involved much in recruiting at that time there as an OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I dont think hes ever seen anything that even remotely resembles the 17ery that ole miss has and will pull

vCash
    The good thing is I know Leach is smarter by an exponential amount over any Network person.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    I dont think hes ever seen anything that even remotely resembles the 17ery that ole miss has and will pull
    OM is barely on the recruiting radar. He's doing fine compared to them.

vCash
    OL Gabe Cavazos has committed.

vCash
    I like Cavazos. Very solid.

Now we need to go get Etienne. Need to keep recruiting Weston Franklin. Rod Orr leaving us out of his top 5 hurt today, so we need to get in the game with some others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I like Cavazos. Very solid.

Now we need to go get Etienne. Need to keep recruiting Weston Franklin. Rod Orr leaving us out of his top 5 hurt today, so we need to get in the game with some others.
    I agree. But I also think some o-linemen emerge during the season as well in the high school ranks in Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. But I also think some o-linemen emerge during the season as well in the high school ranks in Mississippi.
    They usually do.

vCash
    I don't care how many years he's coached, recruiting in the SEC in football is just a different animal. He did spend 2 years as OC at KY over 20 years ago but I doubt he was even involved much in recruiting at that time there as an OC.
    Well with Nabers, Knox and Robertson... Leach and the boys have already pulled 3 4 stars from other states. If they build on that and with the 2022 class in state looking to be much deeper with talent we will be just fine ...