Page 114 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Wasn't there talk that Tyler Williams was coming back? We need him and he'd be our biggest recruiting win for the season.
    I don't think so, crossways with staff.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    7, I bet you were the kid in high school that all your teachers hated that you were in their class!
    Probably. I certainly questioned everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    And who's money do "WE" plan on using
    Those who are willing to and are in the loop and who do it now. Whoever has disposable income that wants to. We just can't suck at it like we do, obviously, or we wouldn't have this much trouble on signing day every year.

vCash
    Hunter - is he still an option to sign , but as a DB? Or is he still looking to go somewhere as a RB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Mullen a first time coach vs a guy in his 19th year coaching in P5 seems a weird comparison esp when you compare the state of miss state football and facilities when each took over.
    Good grief, not weird at all. First off, Mullen had plenty of years on high level D1 staffs with Meyer to know the ins and outs of recruiting plus he was already in the SEC. Just because you hold the HC title doesn't make you THE recruiting expert over being an assistant. Second, Leach could have been a HC for 50 years in Lubbock, TX and Pullman, WA and he still likely wouldn't have a clue about the dynamics of recruiting in MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Good grief, not weird at all. First off, Mullen had plenty of years on high level D1 staffs with Meyer to know the ins and outs of recruiting plus he was already in the SEC. Just because you hold the HC title doesn't make you THE recruiting expert over being an assistant. Second, Leach could have been a HC for 50 years in Lubbock, TX and Pullman, WA and he still likely wouldn't have a clue about the dynamics of recruiting in MS.
    Ok, well what did he learn this cycle that will help going forward? Don't let LSU offer our commits? Don't let OM flip our guys? Seems we've dealt with this forever

vCash
    Ok, well what did he learn this cycle that will help going forward? Don't let LSU offer our commits? Don't let OM flip our guys? Seems we've dealt with this forever
    That's true, so I don't think it's fair to blame Leach when this has been going on forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Ole Miss had 1 class that was anywhere remotely near an Alabama class. Alabama stacks those classes on top of each other every single year (and they are better than Ole Miss? 2013 class 99 % of the time). The overwhelmingly main reason Alabama is so good is because they have way more talent than everyone else. When Saban was at Michigan State he was just considered a pretty good coach. Nothing special.
    Yep. Bear Bryant quote( may be paraphrasing) "Its amazing how many times the teams with the best players win!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    That's true, so I don't think it's fair to blame Leach when this has been going on forever.
    I'm not blaming him. I just reject the idea that this year is somehow the experience he needed to catapult us to 20ish classes

vCash
    I'm not blaming him. I just reject the idea that this year is somehow the experience he needed to catapult us to 20ish classes
    Gotcha, and I agree. I do believe his recruiting will get much better when he learns and recognizes the playing field msu is up against.

vCash
    That's a good question for Leach and staff as they are the ones that just lived it but my guess would be that, at minimum, they learned a little more about the coaches and contacts within the State that can be trusted and who can't. They will probably also take more heed to the wisdom Tony Hughes can provide. They will never be able to sniff out all the fake commits and those just looking for the best paydays, just like Mullen and staff didn't, but I bet they get much better at it after going through this a couple of times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Gotcha, and I agree. I do believe his recruiting will get much better when he learns and recognizes the playing field msu is up against.
    I'm not as much worried about his recruiting as I am on whether he can make his offense work well. If he fix the offense, I think he will recruit enough to win.

vCash
    We currently have a recruit that hasn?t been rated (that will end up being a mid 80s 3 star) and a high 3 star (4 star on 247) that has already signed with us and holding his announcement for the All American game. We haven?t had the recruiting rankings update yet but we aren?t truly sitting at 37. In 4 days we will be around 30. It won?t make our class any better in 4 days but people will view it differently.
    The only way I view it is how do we rank in SEC. Sitting 10th will bring little more than 4-0 OOC, go 3-5 in SEC and beat UM as one of the 3 and here we stay in one of about 100 meaningless bowls. Many of our people satisfied, me no longer. Class of 77. Hail State!

vCash
    Some of yall need to check our probation record beginning with the Tyler years. We play the cheating game very poorly.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    The only way I view it is how do we rank in SEC. Sitting 10th will bring little more than 4-0 OOC, go 3-5 in SEC and beat UM as one of the 3 and here we stay in one of about 100 meaningless bowls. Many of our people satisfied, me no longer. Class of 77. Hail State!
    Well this is the worst in state crop of prospects in the state in a very long time. It was never going to be a great class with as much as we depend on in state guys to make up our roster. We are who we are. Until we get our shit together on the booster side and start making a serious effort to get in the game and sign everyone in this state that we have a legit shot at signing we will continue to see ole miss and others take our juice box on signing day. It has been this way with every single coach we have had. When the coaches change and the results stay the same it’s not the coach. Recruiting in this state is a war every year and we have to have more buy in and organized efforts all the way around to make it happen.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Some of yall need to check our probation record beginning with the Tyler years. We play the cheating game very poorly.
    The ncaa has basically legalized buying players going forward. They are about to allow players to capitalize on their name and likeness. If someone wants to pay them to do a commercial or sign autographs or anything else it is about to be within the rules. The days of us pointing fingers at everyone for buying players needs to be over. Get all in or get left behind.

vCash
    The ncaa has basically legalized buying players going forward. They are about to allow players to capitalize on their name and likeness. If someone wants to pay them to do a commercial or sign autographs or anything else it is about to be within the rules. The days of us pointing fingers at everyone for buying players needs to be over. Get all in or get left behind.
    I'm to the point where I would be fine if they would just do away with all recruiting rules. At least way that everyone can pay and get away with it. Currently certain programs can pay and get away with it while others can't so there is no level playing field.

vCash
    I HATE this attitude among MSU fans...

This (whatever it is) didn't work this one time so we need to never EVER, NEVER, EVER do it again.

Instead of looking for a way to fix the problem.

vCash
    That's a good question for Leach and staff as they are the ones that just lived it but my guess would be that, at minimum, they learned a little more about the coaches and contacts within the State that can be trusted and who can't. They will probably also take more heed to the wisdom Tony Hughes can provide. They will never be able to sniff out all the fake commits and those just looking for the best paydays, just like Mullen and staff didn't, but I bet they get much better at it after going through this a couple of times.
    It does make me wonder if the staff needs better intel. I'm sure that they probably knew that Daniels was being paid (probably). My issue is MSU needs to be able to identify that and counter it better in general. And if our staff didn't know- same point about needing better intel.

I think we need a head recruiting coordinator that specializes in Mississippi only. And I know I'll catch flack for this....but I would go after Hud for that position. The guy is damaged goods at this point and will probably never be a head coach again unless it's a Mississippi JUCO- and even that may be a stretch. But I bet he would take a six figure salary job at MSU to do what he does best in the football arena.

I would say Hughes should be the recruiting coordinator but it sounds like his strength is being able to recruit face to face and I don't want to take him off the road. See this cycle as exhibit A.

vCash
    I'm to the point where I would be fine if they would just do away with all recruiting rules. At least way that everyone can pay and get away with it. Currently certain programs can pay and get away with it while others can't so there is no level playing field.
    The thing is if they allow players to get a thousand dollars a month as a stipend Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee will just offer illegal benefits on top of that. So nothing has really changed except the players have more money.

It may actually help us out depending on how it goes down and is tracked. Bracky is going to have a hard time proving whether that Mustang was paid for from the MSU stipend money or from some booster.