Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash

2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

I realize that the 2020 class is still going for a few more days, but should we go ahead and start the 2021 thread?

This weekend we've got Keys & a few other visiting & Leach is blanketing the state of Texas with offers right now.

Seems like some things to discuss.

Do you think Leach would accept Keys commitment this weekend if Keys wanted to make it or do you think he's going to chase a few others first?

Also, if we are going to take 1 more HS OL, doesn't it make more sense to take Benson instead of Spencer, if they're close in talent, in order to give you a boost with Brevard the WR from Southhaven in 2021?

We've got this QB from Texas coming on a visit. Looks like Peyton Manning on video. I kid you not
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/5235693/Daniel-Greek

Keyes is a good looking player as well. Has some Teddy Bridgewater in him. More raw with his footwork than the two Texas QBs though. https://www.hudl.com/profile/9934261/Ty-Keyes
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 02-02-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see how the QB recruiting in the '21 class shakes out. Got Keyes & Altmeyer in-state and then Sawyer Robertson from TX that is highly interested in playing for Leach plus the Neuissmeier kid from TX and Daniel Greek also from TX is also coming in this weekend I believe. If I had to pick personally between those options, it's either Robertson or Keyes and who you put at #1 between those 2 would be tough to pick. Robertson can absolutely rip it and is a top 150 kid overall. Keyes ain't far behind him ranking-wise and he can rip it too and is in-state. So, who do you go after the hardest?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    yes please ..... I don't track these guys or look them up but I do read and enjoy that thread
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how the QB recruiting in the '21 class shakes out. Got Keyes & Altmeyer in-state and then Sawyer Robertson from TX that is highly interested in playing for Leach plus the Neuissmeier kid from TX and Daniel Greek also from TX is also coming in this weekend I believe. If I had to pick personally between those options, it's either Robertson or Keyes and who you put at #1 between those 2 would be tough to pick. Robertson can absolutely rip it and is a top 150 kid overall. Keyes ain't far behind him ranking-wise and he can rip it too and is in-state. So, who do you go after the hardest?
    I think Greek looks better on film right now than Keyes. I just don't Altmeyer measuring up to the other guys we are recruiting. Just me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We've got this QB from Texas coming on a visit. Looks like Peyton Manning on video. I kid you not https://www.hudl.com/profile/5235693/Daniel-Greek[/url]
    Of course I'll have to pay more attention going forward, but from what I know of Leach from casual observation this guy looks the part of what Leach looks for. And yes, he does look like Manning.

vCash
    Just did a quick glance at the video of all 5 QBs & here is how I would rank them.

1A. Robertson - Best overall package. Checks every box. Has height & athleticism.
    1B. Neuissmeier - Has unbelievable arm strength. Like top of the scale. Pull up the video. He has an absolute rocket launcher. Right there with Robertson just smaller. https://www.hudl.com/profile/10808541/Garrett-Nussmeier
    3. Greek - Very very accurate but doesn't have quite the arm strength & athleticism of the 1st two.
    4. Keyes - Has ceiling but raw & needs better footwork. Body also looks more mature than the others.
    5. Altmeyer - Would have to be a part of a two QB class for me.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-30-2020 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    2021 class is loaded with QBs and WRs. Lots of high quality players for Leach to choose from. In-state crop looks to be pretty solid too.

2020 is essentially done. It feels like we're kinda limping to the finish line, but that's not true. We did most of our work in the early signing period.

So yes, I'm down with starting a new recruiting thread.

vCash
    I'll take Keyes instate and any of those others from out of state after that. Order doesn't matter. They're all good.
    Keyes has some connections with other kids instate too. Would be a big get.
    Doubt he commits this weekend though. But this is where he wants to be. I'm sure he'll trip to Oregon and he's getting a lot more interest lately, so I could see him waiting til end of summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll take Keyes instate and any of those others from out of state after that. Order doesn't matter. They're all good.
    Keyes has some connections with other kids instate too. Would be a big get.
    Doubt he commits this weekend though. But this is where he wants to be. I'm sure he'll trip to Oregon and he's getting a lot more interest lately, so I could see him waiting til end of summer.
    I'm totally for getting Keyes, but it would be hard to turn down Robertson or Nuss for him. I do like that Keyes has instate connections, but to me Robertson & Nuss are a good bit more polished & better arm talents.

Good to have options.

vCash
    I'm totally for getting Keyes, but it would be hard to turn down Robertson or Nuss for him. I do like that Keyes has instate connections, but to me Robertson & Nuss are a good bit more polished & better arm talents.

Good to have options.
    We aren't going to get Robertson IMO. He'll take a lot of visits, but he's not coming here. No idea on the other two but Robertson is looking blue blood hard and his list is long.
    We're going to get a ton of looks from a lot of QBs but we aren't pulling a lot of those guys. I know people get excited, and we'll get one here and there, but the top flight guys aren't coming here unless we win big.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-30-2020 at 11:14 AM.

vCash
    We aren't going to get Robertson IMO. He'll take a lot of visits, but he's not coming here. No idea on the other two but Robertson is looking blue blood hard and his list is long.
    I think there is a good chance you are correct, but Leach offers him something that no one else does & he grew up in Lubbock of all places. I wouldn't completely close the door because we aren't a blue blood.

Obviously the coaches will have more knowledge on if we have a chance or not.

I do agree though, hopefully the coaches won't screw things up with Keyes because they are flirting with guys we won't end up getting. Kind of like us screwing up things with the Tennessee running back Gray because we thought we were getting Emery.

That beings said, recruiting is different in Texas, especially with the type QBs we're recruiting. These kids come from families with some money, go to private schools or wealthy suburban schools. They won't be bought off like some of the recruiting battles we're used to. Most likely they'll make a mature decision based on where they think they will develop the best. I think that helps Leach
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-30-2020 at 11:17 AM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We're going to get a ton of looks from a lot of QBs but we aren't pulling a lot of those guys. I know people get excited, and we'll get one here and there, but the top flight guys aren't coming here unless we win big.
    I think you may be confusing Nuss & Robinson. Nuss has all the blue bloods after him Robinson hasn't so far but I'm sure he will start to get more attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think you may be confusing Nuss & Robinson. Nuss has all the blue bloods after him Robinson hasn't so far but I'm sure he will start to get more attention.
    Nuss can throw the ball over a damn mountain.

Nuss will likely be more highly recruited due to simply being in the DFW area making it easier for coaches to see him live.

vCash
    You just did.. If someone else wants to make a thread that they edit and keep up.. go for it I'll pin it separate.. I'm not a huge recruiting guy and don't have time to track it..

vCash
    Corey Ellington FS from Holmes County Central is a kid I could see jumping in the boat soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Corey Ellington FS from Holmes County Central is a kid I could see jumping in the boat soon.
    Would he help us with that 2022 stud there that's committed to LSU?

vCash
    So before watching anything I would've said you roll with Keyes because I think he could be developed into a very good QB, but after watching a little bit of film on Robertson...….MY GOD. That kid could've started for us this year. He puts the ball on the money every time he throws it and gets rid of it quickly and accurately.

vCash
    I love seeing the length that we we're targeting at WR. It seems like all are at least 6'3".

vCash
    Would he help us with that 2022 stud there that's committed to LSU?
    Idk if I'd call him a stud but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

vCash
    Those are who more football-knowledgeable and know more about the in-state '21 class, where does Buckhaulter rank among the in-state WR crop? He Tweeted out he's coming for an unofficial tomorrow. OM commit. Do we have a shot with him, how does he compare to Brevard/Smith/Harmon/Moore/etc.? Good sized kid at 6'3" 195 lbs.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState