Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think the '22 class is going to have some surprise recruits pop in on our board that people don't know about yet due to Rona.
    We know about the big guys in '22 in MS but there's a lot of borderline guys too that could make a jump.
    '22 could be a beast class Instate for us.

RB - Branson Robinson, Omar Johnson
    WR - Larry Simmons
    OL - Bryson Hurst
    DL - Zxavian Harris, Maxton Woodard, Jaheim Oatis, RJ Moss, Donterry Russell
    LB - Stone Blanton, JD Stewart
    DB - Jerry johnson, Marquez Dortch, Jaterrius Elam

Not to mention a group of oos guys we're doing well with right now. Next year a Top 25 class should be a given with a chance at a Top 20.

vCash
    Man, I’m feeling extra wooly this morning lol

Got MJ in the boat, feeling great about flipping Calloway from Bama, some renewed optimism growing about flipping the #1 player in MS and one of the best WR’s MS has/will put out in a while (I think he’s on or almost on AJ/DK level talent) in Deion, and by gosh we’re ONE WEEK away from SEC football and opening the Mike Leach era. I’m soaking it all in.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Man, I’m feeling extra wooly this morning lol

Got MJ in the boat, feeling great about flipping Calloway from Bama, some renewed optimism growing about flipping the #1 player in MS and one of the best WR’s MS has/will put out in a while (I think he’s on or almost on AJ/DK level talent) in Deion, and by gosh we’re ONE WEEK away from SEC football and opening the Mike Leach era. I’m soaking it all in.
    Today is the first day it's feeling like football season to me. Been waiting on that feeling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Today is the first day it's feeling like football season to me. Been waiting on that feeling.
    Facts. It’s nice and cool and breezy today. Feels like fall finally.

We just won (not completely, still got work to do) a huge in-state battle for a recruit. We’re talking about flipping a Bama and LSU commit without them “dropping” them.

There’s a couple decent games on today but knowing that 7 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes from now we will be kicking it off in Tiger Stadium for the beginning of the Leach era, there’s just a special feeling in the air today and dammit it feels GREAT!

vCash
    Really excited about the direction of this recruiting class.

It’s not that the class will end up highly ranked but rather the message it sends that this staff can win recruiting battles and win instate.

That’s going to be huge.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I’m still waiting on Kiffin to “mop the floor “ with Leach in recruiting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I’m still waiting on Kiffin to “mop the floor “ with Leach in recruiting...
    Ari, you feeling the same on Deion as IYOK and Cooter?

vCash
    I do think this class has a chance to be top 25. The top of he class will be really good and the bottom will get ranking adjustments.

Toles is really really fast but only a 78 ranked. If that guy and others get proper 85-87 rankings, that going to make a huge difference in the final rankings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Really excited about the direction of this recruiting class.

It’s not that the class will end up highly ranked but rather the message it sends that this staff can win recruiting battles and win instate.

That’s going to be huge.
    Agree. In a year where a completely different staff (minus one big time recruiter already here), a weak overall instate class, and Covid it's looking pretty damn solid if we close out strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Ari, you feeling the same on Deion as IYOK and Cooter?
    I feel much better about Calloway than Deion..
    If you asked me about Deion a month ago I would have said little chance if any.. I think we have a chance as of today.. and if Brennan has the year I think he will, our odds will go up...

vCash
    Just saw where Paul Jones crystal balled Daniels’ 2022 teammate, Marquez Dortch, to MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post

WR - Larry Simmons
    OL - Bryson Hurst

Not to mention a group of oos guys we're doing well with right now. Next year a Top 25 class should be a given with a chance at a Top 20.
    Stone Blanton's dad and uncle are MSU grads. Will be interesting to see if he plays football, baseball, or both. He's a tough kid.

Nigel Knott and Taury Dixon were both jokes out of Germantown. Neither impressed me at all, although I can certainly understand taking a risk with Nigel Knott on athleticism and bloodlines alone. But this Branson Robinson kid from Germantown looks pretty legit. Size, speed, vision, ability to break tackles. There is a lot to like about him.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Stone Blanton's dad and uncle are MSU grads. Will be interesting to see if he plays football, baseball, or both. He's a tough kid.

Nigel Knott and Taury Dixon were both jokes out of Germantown. Neither impressed me at all, although I can certainly understand taking a risk with Nigel Knott on athleticism and bloodlines alone. But this Branson Robinson kid from Germantown looks pretty legit. Size, speed, vision, ability to break tackles. There is a lot to like about him.
    Blanton is playing both in college.

vCash
    Class now ranked 27th by 247 sports. Flip Calloway and Smith back and a top 25 finish is a lock regardless of who else we add.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Class now ranked 27th by 247 sports. Flip Calloway and Smith back and a top 25 finish is a lock regardless of who else we add.
    And add Jaden Jones

That's not to mention that Toles, Cavazos, Pounders, Knox, Nabers, & others are still under ranked & could get bumps.

It can't understated how impressive a top 25 class would be with this instate crop. The recruiting job done to get a top 25 with this instate crop is equivalent to a top 20 to 18 class in a normal MS year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post

WR - Larry Simmons
    OL - Bryson Hurst

Let's recruit like we are the only instate program!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And add Jaden Jones

That's not to mention that Toles, Cavazos, Pounders, Knox, Nabers, & others are still under ranked & could get bumps.

It can't understated how impressive a top 25 class would be with this instate crop. The recruiting job done to get a top 25 with this instate crop is equivalent to a top 20 to 18 class in a normal MS year
    The ranking whores won't let us sniff top 25, but we could have one on the field. Some of our guys have dropped some without playing a game yet.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The ranking whores won't let us sniff top 25, but we could have one on the field. Some of our guys have dropped some without playing a game yet.
    If we add D. Smith and Calloway and hold on to our other guys we will 100% be in the top 25.

vCash
    The Branson Robinson kid looks like he is in Hill, Akers, and Ealy company talent wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we add D. Smith and Calloway and hold on to our other guys we will 100% be in the top 25.
    Some people would take a hit though. Have to factor that in. One goes up, another goes down and they enjoy it.