Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Funny you picked 9. In 2014, we beat 3-4 teams that won 8 games.
    Yea, I believe even Moorhead beat an 8-4 team. 9+ is a much more exclusive club. Heck, we've been 8-4 ourselves several times by just winning our 4 OOC games and going .500 in the league. I'm not sure Mullen ever beat a team that went 9-3 or better in a season. None come to mind at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, I believe even Moorhead beat an 8-4 team. 9+ is a much more exclusive club. Heck, we've been 8-4 ourselves several times by just winning our 4 OOC games and going .500 in the league. I'm not sure Mullen ever beat a team that went 9-3 or better in a season. None come to mind at the moment.
    I think Jackie beat some 10 win teams like 1996 Alabama, 1997 Auburn, and 2000 Florida if I'm not mistaken. 1998 Arkansas won 9 games I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That has a bit to do with it.

Here is where it gets crazy and I think will start to cost UGA -
    They signed only 3 of the Top 25 players in Georgia this year, and only 8 Georgia kids in this class. The majority of their roster is now from out of state.
    That's an odd strategy considering their local resources. To me, honestly that's not a very sustainable formula unless you are Alabama or maybe Notre Dame. Even Notre Dame is not close to what they used to be even though they're a pretty good team right now.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    New offer to Canon Boone - 3 ⭐️ OT

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10227427

That is a well coached team. The OG playing next to him also looks good. And they have a one or two RBs that could play college ball at some level as well.
    He has some really good footwork. Uses his hands and length very well. Gets to second level and deeper blocking really well. He's got a bit of a nasty streak in him. Watch the tape, he gets his pound of flesh at the ends of some plays. Plays through the whistle. And he is one nasty cutter!!! Really like this offer
    Last edited by Westdawg; 05-16-2020 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    New offer to Canon Boone - 3 ⭐️ OT

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10227427

That is a well coached team. The OG playing next to him also looks good. And they have a one or two RBs that could play college ball at some level as well.
    He has some really good footwork. Uses his hands and length very well. Gets to second level and deeper blocking really well. He's got a bit of a nasty streak in him. Watch the tape, he gets his pound of flesh at the ends of some plays. Plays through the whistle. And he is one nasty cutter!!! Really like this offer
    I would offer him just based on his name alone!

vCash
    Navonteque Strong, a MLB from MGCCC, announced that he's committing soon. Should be to the good guys.

vCash
    We are in the top 6 for Keon Coleman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We are in the top 6 for Keon Coleman.
    Probably the team to beat as long as LSU stays away. Still early with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Probably the team to beat as long as LSU stays away. Still early with him.
    Boy, the FSU fans are arrogant on this one.

I trust our people when they say we are setting good.

https://247sports.com/college/florid...man-147247598/
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Boy, the FSU fans are arrogant on this one.

I trust our people when they say we are setting good.

https://247sports.com/college/florid...man-147247598/
    It's gonna be a battle between us and them. But they're kinda like OM fans. They can't possibly comprehend why someone would want to go somewhere else other than their school, so every recruit remotely interested in them is headed their way. And if they go somewhere else, then they didn't want them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It's gonna be a battle between us and them. But they're kinda like OM fans. They can't possibly comprehend why someone would want to go somewhere else other than their school, so every recruit remotely interested in them is headed their way. And if they go somewhere else, then they didn't want them.
    We seem to be on the opposite end of that as a fan base.

We could use some in-between

vCash
    We seem to be on the opposite end of that as a fan base.

We could use some in-between
    Man that helmet looks like shit.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    As I can see from your avatar, you're a complete front runner.

Let me guess, you also cheer for Alabama, the Lakers, & either the Cowboys or Patriots?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Ha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm curious to see if that changes under Leach. I think a lot of that was Dan's fault. He didn't recruit hard enough to get very many of the non-diamonds in the rough and even worse he didn't beat the big names enough. If he had beaten Alabama even once to go along with a 9 win regular season with an Egg Bowl win I think the blue-chip recruits would start to buy into the MSU brand a little more. Of course, we prided ourselves on developing diamonds in the rough and while I think that's a good thing I'm sure the bluebloods used that against us some- "You're not a diamond the rough. Come to Alabama, LSU, Georgia, or wherever and play with the other bluechips like you."
    If you think leach is going to recruit hard you're in for a rude awakening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If you think leach is going to recruit hard you're in for a rude awakening.
    He has recruited harder than Dan so far at least as a staff. I'm fine with Leach's effort so far.

vCash
    He has recruited harder than Dan so far at least as a staff. I'm fine with Leach's effort so far.
    Leach's staff recruits pretty hard. I'm not sure if Leach has done anything to be honest other than Sawyer Robertson.

What's interesting though is that Leach did recruit better than the historical averages at his other stops.

As long as he keeps us near where we have been then we're going to be good. If he starts creeping us into the teens of recruiting, watch out
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-17-2020 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Dan's staff recruits pretty hard. I'm not sure if Leach has done anything to be honest other than Sawyer Robertson.

What's interesting though is that Leach did recruit better than the historical averages at his other stops.

As long as he keeps us near where we have been then we're going to be good. If he starts creeping us into the teens of recruiting, watch out
    Ok LOL. Calloway, Ellington, has us in the mix for some four star out of state receivers. Dan would never have even tried to recruit those out of state guys.

vCash
    Ok LOL. Calloway, Ellington, has us in the mix for some four star out of state receivers. Dan would never have even tried to recruit those out of state guys.
    Sorry, I meant Leach. My bad. Typo

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Leach doesn't do much recruiting at all. His staff led by Dave Emerick really get after it on the recruiting trail.