Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I've told you my opinion already. I've seen it. I know I've seen a few better in the 21 class in MS. I know our other offers for CB are better this round. Now, we've still got to sign them, but I have no problem going another direction.
    What's your evaluation of Toles from his film?

vCash
    CB is one of the easiest positions to evaluate

vCash
    His options are Sunbelt, CUSA, and Memphis. No P5 offers. I don't see the argument that he's an SEC guy when that's all he's got. Certainly, kids like that can prove people wrong, but on the surface, he's not a P5 guy. I think we've got a couple more of those on our list too, that could get shown the door before signing day.

Aren't these Leach's recruits ? ...Is he showing the door to his own recruits ? ... How long will it take to get Leach's players at this rate ? I understand changing your mind on a recruit or two because most other coaches do ... but to offer a guy with no other P5 offers is kind of a head scratcher
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 11-20-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    [/B]
    Aren't these Leach's recruits ? ...Is he showing the door to his own recruits ? ... How long will it take to get Leach's players at this rate ? I understand changing your mind on a recruit or two because most other coaches do ... but to offer a guy with no other P5 offers is kind of a head scratcher
    There is almost always churn like this in recruiting classes. You take early commitments and a kid has a bad SR year or doesn't progress like they thought, or you find someone else who fits better. It's no different then players who decommit on their own.
    Before Moorhead was fired, the 2020 class had 9 decommits. Leach is at 4 in this class (plus 1 Moorhead commit who decommited back in January).
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    [/B]
    I think it was smart. A marginal guy that you take if you can't find better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What's your evaluation of Toles from his film?
    Lacks the flexibility to play CB & the physicality to play safety. Has great straight line speed, but change of direction gives him trouble.
    He's a good athlete that'll play college ball somewhere. Maybe he gets bigger offers between now and Feb.

vCash
    So with about a month out til early signing day who do we need to close with to feel good about our class?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    There is almost always churn like this in recruiting classes. You take early commitments and a kid has a bad SR year or doesn't progress like they thought, or you find someone else who fits better. It's no different then players who decommit on their own.
    Before Moorhead was fired, the 2020 class had 9 decommits. Leach is at 4 in this class (plus 1 Moorhead commit who de-committed back in January).
    I understand the churn ... Most of those JoMo decommits de-committed on their own - I'm curious how many Joe withdrew offers from though... and I know Mullen did this a lot as well but my point was why even offer a guy with no P5 offers to begin with? ... Here's to hoping Leach can see something that other teams are missing as Dan did a few times because even tho I'm skeptical at this point I'm still pulling really hard for Leach and his system to succeed
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    There is another player we need to process and replace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So with about a month out til early signing day who do we need to close with to feel good about our class?
    I don't think it's so much who we need to close with, but rather who we need to keep. Gotta fight off LSU for Nabers. Have to. They don't need him, but we do. I think OM will eventually flip Buckhaulter from us. He's been in Oxford an awful lot. I think we hold onto Pounders, but we need to fight off OM on him too.

To answer your original question though, if we land 2 out of Ty Cooper, Demarcus Smith, or Jaden Jones, I think you have to feel great about that. John Lewis from Germantown is a guy who has blown up lately, so if you can win that battle vs. OM for him, then you'd feel good about that. With Toles being dropped and Eatmon MIA, you need two CBs. Marvin Covington would be a good get. Then ideally, you'd like to flip one out of Jaden Walley or Jadarrius Perkins from MGCCC.

Simply put, we need to hold on to our offensive recruits while adding a couple on the defensive side.

vCash
    I understand the churn ... Most of those JoMo decommits de-committed on their own - I'm curious how many Joe withdrew offers from though... and I know Mullen did this a lot as well but my point was why even offer a guy with no P5 offers to begin with? ... Here's to hoping Leach can see something that other teams are missing as Dan did a few times because even tho I'm skeptical at this point I'm still pulling really hard for Leach and his system to succeed
    Sometimes it's mis-evaluation by coaches, or they calculate the class balance wrong. Or sometimes a player already on the roster develops more than you thought and the roster numbers don't work. It's an imperfect system for sure.
    I would venture a guess that with our overall roster "makeover" that we have lines on guys in the portal and would rather have an experienced player vs. a developmental player and will use the spot somewhere else.

I can see why some coaches just hate recruiting though - it's a crazy way to do business.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Why are we so interested in the South Carolina decommit Rodarius Thomas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    Why are we so interested in the South Carolina decommit Rodarius Thomas?
    In case Buckhaulter or Nabors de-commits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Would we take his commitment now then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    Would we take his commitment now then?
    Doubt it. He's signing in February so we've got time to see how things go.

vCash
    Lacks the flexibility to play CB & the physicality to play safety. Has great straight line speed, but change of direction gives him trouble.
    He's a good athlete that'll play college ball somewhere. Maybe he gets bigger offers between now and Feb.
    Fair enough. Well I hope we can sign another CB in this class.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Here's another CB option. Kid looks good.
    https://twitter.com/2lemondrejoe/sta...214344195?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I would take Thomas over Buckhaulter ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    CB is one of the easiest positions to evaluate
    So what was your opinion on Furdge, Jaylon Reed, and Selmon?

Additionally what was your opinion on Jarrian Jones and Martin Emerson in the same class? Guarantee you thought Jones would be the star of that class and not the third best DB we had committed in that class. DJ James and Emerson were the two studs in that DB class and it sucks we lost James to Oregon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I would take Thomas over Buckhaulter ..
    I personally agree with this. Buck is a bigger bodied guy who ain’t running by anybody and ain’t gonna get a lot of YAC it doesn’t seem like. And YAC, speed, and quickness seem to be pretty important for this offense, especially when we’re checking it down 7 yards or in. You gotta have guys who can catch it and get up field and make people miss. I like Buck as an outside, downfield threat (not anywhere as much as Moore though) but Thomas just seems like the type of WR we need more of.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState