Page 32 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Mike Leach - HC
    KJ Costello - QB
    Staff recruiting better than anyone expected
    Got rid of guy who our own players are calling soft..

All good news to me..
    Who do we replace Jones with?

The transaction isn't finished until we see who we get in exchange
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Mike Leach - HC
    KJ Costello - QB
    Staff recruiting better than anyone expected
    Got rid of guy who our own players are calling soft..

All good news to me..
    This^^
    When you're having to rehab a house, there's going to be some demolition. We'll be fine. OM will still suck. In a couple years, we'll all be glad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Chill out. You always overreact, spew doom and gloom, come back and convince yourself it's a good thing, sunshine pump, and then repeat the process.

You're the most bipolar message board poster in history.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Is Nigel Knott still in the portal? He may not start but he would be a guy that is an older guy that could provide some depth and experience. Definitely can provide depth at corner- probably could play safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Is Nigel Knott still in the portal? He may not start but he would be a guy that is an older guy that could provide some depth and experience. Definitely can provide depth at corner- probably could play safety.
    I want to say he already signed somewhere.

This brings up a big complaint I have about the portal. There needs to be portal signing days so that the players and teams know what they're options are.

I'm not a huge fan of the transferring but, if we're going to have a portal, let's at least organize it so that when you hit the portal doesn't almost completely determine where you go next.

vCash

This brings up a big complaint I have about the portal. There needs to be portal signing days so that the players and teams know what they're options are.

I'm not a huge fan of the transferring but, if we're going to have a portal, let's at least organize it so that when you hit the portal doesn't almost completely determine where you go next.
    That's actually a great idea imo Gun. You're already having to recruit the player as soon as he hits, why not enforce a date so if somebody is thinking about it they have to have their mind made up or miss the chance to leave that year. Maybe if you graduate the date doesn't apply to you as well?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That's actually a great idea imo Gun. You're already having to recruit the player as soon as he hits, why not enforce a date so if somebody is thinking about it they have to have their mind made up or miss the chance to leave that year. Maybe if you graduate the date doesn't apply to you as well?
    Correct. There needs to be a "drop/add" type date in the portal

For example: if JJ would've done this in January, how many more transfer options would we have had to take his place? And vice versa, how many transfers signed somewhere else because it was their best option but would've rather come to MSU had they known that MSU needed a player?

Point being, it's incredibly difficult for both the school & player to know their options as it's currently constructed.

There just needs to be dates so that coaches can plan their rosters with the best available information & players can pick the school that actually offers them the best opportunity

vCash

I agree about the signing dates.

Because you think about a guy like Keytaeon Thompson. Because Stevens came in so late he didn't really have an opportunity to go anywhere because camp and the season had started for everyone.

vCash
    The question would be do you do it after the season or after the coaching circus and spring camp? I?d say after spring because you are past all the HS signings, coaches have been hired and they?ve had a chance to sell the team on their vision and evaluate the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The question would be do you do it after the season or after the coaching circus and spring camp? I?d say after spring because you are past all the HS signings, coaches have been hired and they?ve had a chance to sell the team on their vision and evaluate the team.
    I think you have two signing period for the portal, one in early January after season so that players can get in a full spring's work and teams know how many they can sign in February and another in May when players know more about how the roster and all the other thing mentioned above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    U want Knott??
    Everyone thought Jones was soft at times.
    Knott is Charmin Extra soft.

#WeCanDoMuchBetter

vCash
    I would swap Deantre Prince or Scooby Carter for Charmin Jones....

vCash

When did JJ become a finalist for the Thorpe award... ??
    A 6’0 soft 185lb safety that doesn’t like contact isn’t on a lot of wish list needs for SEC schools...

vCash
    When did JJ become a finalist for the Thorpe award... ??
    A 6’0 soft 185lb safety that doesn’t like contact isn’t on a lot of wish list needs for SEC schools...
    I didn't say he was.

I only asked who we're replacing him with? Did I mistype that?

vCash
    I wonder if most of your evaluations of JJ would be different if he was still on our roster. The guy is talented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I wonder if most of your evaluations of JJ would be different if he was still on our roster. The guy is talented.
    Are you talking to Ari?

vCash
    Are you talking to Ari?
    I’m talking to all the people saying he isn’t a good football player. He is, and even if he isn’t, he was obviously one of our three best corners. I’m glad he is gone because he obviously wasn’t committed to the program. I just think it’s dumb to act like he isn’t talented or couldn’t become a really good player.

vCash
    So this Emerick tweet from last week indicating a commit, is this kid a "silent commit" who just hasn't gone public, did the kid back out of committing, what's the latest on that? We need some FRESH good news to get some of the drama queens to chill out and back off from the ledge from the Jarrian/Lovett to OM BS that's gone on the last week or so.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I’m talking to all the people saying he isn’t a good football player. He is, and even if he isn’t, he was obviously one of our three best corners. I’m glad he is gone because he obviously wasn’t committed to the program. I just think it’s dumb to act like he isn’t talented or couldn’t become a really good player.
    Never said he wasn’t talented. just saying the freak out over him leaving is WAY overblown...
    He wasn’t going too start for us at CB. And can he be a SEC caliber Safety ? Maybe / maybe not..
    let’s just don’t act like we lost an Abram or Slay type talent..

My bet is the incoming rookie Janari Dean will have a better college career and be a much bigger impact than Jones..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 05-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Never said he wasn’t talented. just saying the freak out over him leaving is WAY overblown...
    Again, my freak out never had anything to do with HIM, it had to do with the circumstances surrounded him leaving & the idea that MSU had to protect it's program.

I'm still hoping we'll fight it & he'll be ineligible at OM. With that being said, I would care if he went to Auburn, LSU, FSU, etc. I just don't want him to be eligible at the school that completely tampered to get him.