Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think a 86-88 would be fair. It's all about how big he gets. If 250lbs he stays at the OLB rush spot. If he gets to 270 he's a hand in the dirt DE. Is he Gerri Green or is he Kobe Jones.
    I see him more as a rush-stopping DE than a pass rusher.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I see him more as a rush-stopping DE than a pass rusher.
    That's fair.

vCash
    What I want

Buckhaulter
    Knox
    Nabers
    Coleman
    K. Johnson

What I expect

Buckhaulter
    Knox
    Lofton
    Coleman
    K. Johnson
    Any known commitment dates or kinda time frames on any of these guys that aren't committed yet? I was hoping with Sawyer committed & recruiting for us, we'd get a couple more in the boat during summer time. But figured some might still want to wait to see the air raid live in action in Starkville.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I kinda lean to agree with you too. I've watched Moore's tape several times and I really like him. He's a 6'3"-6'4" guy with legit mid-late 4.4 speed. And I like Buckhaulter, he's a big physical kid. But seems like in this scheme, you'd want as much speed as you can get and Moore seems to be a bit faster than Buckhaulter is. But honestly, I'd take either of them and be perfectly happy just from what we're used to recruiting and getting at WR.
    Yep. Give me the guy with speed all day. Speed wins in this league. That's why I'm pumped about being in the game with Knox/Lofton/Nabers

vCash
    Any known commitment dates or kinda time frames on any of these guys that aren't committed yet? I was hoping with Sawyer committed & recruiting for us, we'd get a couple more in the boat during summer time. But figured some might still want to wait to see the air raid live in action in Starkville.
    It's not summer time yet.

vCash
    It's not summer time yet.
    I'm aware of that IYOK lol. That's why I'm asking about time frames & why I made the summer time comment. Because that's less than a month away.

vCash
    I'm aware of that IYOK lol. That's why I'm asking about time frames & why I made the summer time comment. Because that's less than a month away.
    I expect 2-3 WR commit by the end of the summer.

vCash
    I think a 86-88 would be fair. It's all about how big he gets. If 250lbs he stays at the OLB rush spot. If he gets to 270 he's a hand in the dirt DE. Is he Gerri Green or is he Kobe Jones.
    I pulled up his video & he's rangy. My first thought was KJ Wright, but I have no idea what his speed is. Kind of a Derrick Hall type maybe.

Does he have the speed to play the hybrid 3-4 OLB/DE?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11034221/Tyvoris-Cooper
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yep. Give me the guy with speed all day. Speed wins in this league. That's why I'm pumped about being in the game with Knox/Lofton/Nabers
    THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I pulled up his video & he's rangy. My first thought was KJ Wright, but I have no idea what his speed is. Kind of a Derrick Hall type maybe.

Does he have the speed to play the hybrid 3-4 OLB/DE?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11034221/Tyvoris-Cooper
    The 3-3-5 standup OLB is basically a standup rush end. It just depends on how big he gets.

vCash
    The 3-3-5 standup OLB is basically a standup rush end. It just depends on how big he gets.
    Either way, I'm a fan of these types of athletes. Due to their versatility, you usually get your scholly money's worth. Special teams, 3rd down, etc. They can usually help you

vCash
    So, breaking down who we're after & their speed:

Knox- legitimately one of the fastest recruits in the entire country regardless of position, clocked at a 4.42 forty as a sophomore & a 10.4 in the 100m also as a sophomore & a 21.03 in the 200m as a sophomore. (& he's got a 36" vertical). Kid is an absolute weapon.

Lofton- don't know any official listed times but turn on his tape, he's not quite as fast as Knox but he's somewhere in the 4.4's easily. He's got game-changing speed.

Nabers- don't know an official time on him either but he's got to be a high 4.4's or low 4.5's guy who can also elevate and win 50/50 balls. Love his game.

Coleman- probably the most raw but also has the highest ceiling and potential. He's uber athletic and has to be low-mid 4.5's which at his size is freakish. D1 football and basketball kid. Idk what his vertical is but it's got to be ridiculous.

Kanarius Johnson- he's turned into one of my favorite guys we're on. I think he's the 2nd best WR in the state. He's tall and rangy but also pretty physical and probably a high 4.4's or low 4.5's guy.

Jacobi Moore- 6'3"-6'4" kid who is really athletic and raw but has legit mid-late 4.4 speed and is quick twitched too for a taller kid.

Buckhaulter- big, tall physical kid. Probably a mid-late 4.5 if I had to guess. But he is really good at high pointing the ball. I'd love to sign him at Safety and take another WR.

vCash
    So, breaking down who we're after & their speed:

Knox- legitimately one of the fastest recruits in the entire country regardless of position, clocked at a 4.42 forty as a sophomore & a 10.4 in the 100m also as a sophomore & a 21.03 in the 200m as a sophomore. (& he's got a 36" vertical). Kid is an absolute weapon.

Lofton- don't know any official listed times but turn on his tape, he's not quite as fast as Knox but he's somewhere in the 4.4's easily. He's got game-changing speed.

Nabers- don't know an official time on him either but he's got to be a high 4.4's or low 4.5's guy who can also elevate and win 50/50 balls. Love his game.

Coleman- probably the most raw but also has the highest ceiling and potential. He's uber athletic and has to be low-mid 4.5's which at his size is freakish. D1 football and basketball kid. Idk what his vertical is but it's got to be ridiculous.

Kanarius Johnson- he's turned into one of my favorite guys we're on. I think he's the 2nd best WR in the state. He's tall and rangy but also pretty physical and probably a high 4.4's or low 4.5's guy.

Jacobi Moore- 6'3"-6'4" kid who is really athletic and raw but has legit mid-late 4.4 speed and is quick twitched too for a taller kid.

Buckhaulter- big, tall physical kid. Probably a mid-late 4.5 if I had to guess. But he is really good at high pointing the ball. I'd love to sign him at Safety and take another WR.
    I doubt a lot of those guys run legit 4.4's.

vCash
    I got bored, so I decided to make a wish-list of 2021 recruits by position. Not saying I think we get all of them, but these are guys I think we have a realistic chance with.

QB:
    Sawyer Robertson
    Ty Keyes

RB:
    Amariyon Howard
    Carlois Walker

That is if it's a two RB class. If they only take one, I'd prefer Walker bc I've seen him in person and I think he's going to be a stud, but they both need to be evaluated more.

WR:
    Deion Smith (long shot)
    Theodore Knox
    Malik Nabers
    Keon Coleman
    Kanarius Johnson
    Jacobi Moore
    Brandon Buckhaulter
    De'wain Lofton

Get five of these, and I'll be happy.

OL:

Makylan Pounders
    Rod Orr
    Caleb Etienne (Juco)
    Weston Franklin
    Jakiah Leftwich
    Reid Gavin (if we miss on a couple of those above)

DL:

Nick Dimitris
    Ty Cooper
    Jamond Gordon (Juco)
    Byron Murphy
    Devin Lee

Hopefully some new targets emerge

LB:
    Navonteque Strong (Juco)
    Timar Rogers
    Prince Kollie
    Chase Smith
    Thomas Davis

Again, when summer hits and kids can start being evaluated again, I expect some new names to emerge.

CB:

Justin Walley
    Cortez Eatmon (Juco)
    Jadarrius Perkins (Juco)

S:

Kadarius Calloway
    Corey Ellington
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 05-14-2020 at 06:44 PM.

vCash
    I got bored, so I decided to make a wish-list of 2021 recruits by position. Not saying I think we get all of them, but these are guys I think we have a realistic chance with.

QB:
    Sawyer Robertson
    Ty Keyes

RB:
    Amariyon Howard
    Carlois Walker

That is if it's a two RB class. If they only take one, I'd prefer Walker bc I've seen him in person and I think he's going to be a stud, but they both need to be evaluated more.

WR:
    Deion Smith (long shot)
    Theodore Knox
    Malik Nabers
    Keon Coleman
    Kanarius Johnson
    Jacobi Moore
    Brandon Buckhaulter
    De'wain Lofton

OL:

Makylan Pounders
    Rod Orr
    Caleb Etienne (Juco)
    Weston Franklin
    Jakiah Leftwich

DL:

Nick Dimitris
    Ty Cooper
    Jamond Gordon (Juco)
    Byron Murphy
    Devin Lee

LB:
    Navonteque Strong (Juco)
    Timar Rogers
    Prince Kollie
    Chase Smith
    Thomas Davis

Again, when summer hits and kids can start being evaluated again, I expect some new names to emerge.

CB:

Justin Walley
    Cortez Eatmon (Juco)
    Jadarrius Perkins (Juco)

S:

Kadarius Calloway
    Corey Ellington
    Thumbtack this list and let?s keep it updated! Great post!

vCash
    Losing Deion Smith will mean that for 4 straight years the top recruit in MS will have left.

Pretty terrible

vCash

QB:
    Sawyer Robertson
    Ty Keyes

RB:
    Amariyon Howard
    Carlois Walker

WR:
    Deion Smith (long shot)
    Theodore Knox
    Malik Nabers
    Keon Coleman
    Kanarius Johnson
    Jacobi Moore
    Brandon Buckhaulter
    De'wain Lofton

OL:

Makylan Pounders
    Rod Orr
    Caleb Etienne (Juco)
    Weston Franklin
    Jakiah Leftwich

DL:

Nick Dimitris
    Ty Cooper
    Jamond Gordon (Juco)
    Byron Murphy
    Devin Lee

LB:
    Navonteque Strong (Juco)
    Timar Rogers
    Prince Kollie
    Chase Smith
    Thomas Davis

CB:

Justin Walley
    Cortez Eatmon (Juco)
    Jadarrius Perkins (Juco)

S:

Kadarius Calloway
    Corey Ellington
    Walker is a good RB from the film I watched of NC during his sophomore year. I trust our coaches evals, but I was told he couldn?t catch a cold. They said he?d be a monster in Mullen?s MSU offense, but has a lot of work to do to fit what Leach does.

vCash
    Losing Deion Smith will mean that for 4 straight years the top recruit in MS will have left.

Pretty terrible
    I doubt people are still taking this bait from you.

vCash

Pretty terrible
    Malik Heath was the top recruit in MS in 2018 by both the composite and 247 rankings. Charles Cross was the top recruit in MS for 2019 by 247.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Malik Heath was the top recruit in MS in 2018 by both the composite and 247 rankings. Charles Cross was the top recruit in MS for 2019 by 247.
    I stand corrected. Akers was the year before.

Akers
    Heath
    Dean - higher rated than Cross.
    Jackson
    Smith

So that 4 of 5 years. That's not good

Unless you think it's good. Do you think this is a good job by MSU? only Heath actually took a visit to MSU. Think about that