Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    IYOK,

Looks like Tony called Gibson, the position coach, & Hughes to commit & it appears that Pounders did the same last night.

That long with position coaches having the latitude to offer players without Leach's approval makes me wonder:

How involved is Leach in recruiting & is that going hurt us in locking down major prospects?

For example: If we're battling A&M for a player & the player really only talks to his position coach at MSU & the player talks with Jimbo often, how is that going to effect us?

At what level is Leach involved? Honestly, it's such a stark contrast that I don't know what to think about it
    It's how he's always recruited it's not going to change. These kids are talking to multiple coaches also so it's not like their just talking to 1 coach. It's a group effort. The big time kids are basically talking to the whole staff. We'll see how it plays out but it's not like he doesn't talk to kids at all he's just not talking to them everyday.

vCash
    Nice get! Really like the combo of him and Calloway in the back end. Lots of length, athleticism, speed, and 2 dudes that will come up and hit you.

So who do we feel good about that could commit in the next month or 2? Really anxious to see which WR's jump in the boat first and to see what OOS OL we hit on. Just not many OL in-state aside from Pounders is there.

And is Buckhaulter going to be strictly a WR or could he end up at Safety too? I'd love to sign him as an ATH and figure it out when he gets on campus and sign 4-5 other strictly WR's.

Any DL we feel pretty good about?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's a Safety for us.
    Probably could play DOG or FS with his skill set.

vCash
    Brandon Walker made a great analysis on his podcast today about TN and their rankings. Average top 12 the last 6 years and have had what to show for it? Made the comparison Wisconsin had an average 38th ranked class and whose program would you rather have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Brandon Walker made a great analysis on his podcast today about TN and their rankings. Average top 12 the last 6 years and have had what to show for it? Made the comparison Wisconsin had an average 38th ranked class and whose program would you rather have?
    I get Brandon's point, but, due to Tennessee's recruiting ability, they actually have a better chance of winning at natty than Wisky, even though Wisky is good & Tennessee is not.

It's just disappointing to see that blue bloods, no matter how bad, still recruit like they're good.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So we have Ellington and Calloway as potential safeties, but I could see Brandon Buckhaulter playing Safety as well. It'd also open up another WR spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Nice get! Really like the combo of him and Calloway in the back end. Lots of length, athleticism, speed, and 2 dudes that will come up and hit you.

So who do we feel good about that could commit in the next month or 2? Really anxious to see which WR's jump in the boat first and to see what OOS OL we hit on. Just not many OL in-state aside from Pounders is there.

And is Buckhaulter going to be strictly a WR or could he end up at Safety too? I'd love to sign him as an ATH and figure it out when he gets on campus and sign 4-5 other strictly WR's.

Any DL we feel pretty good about?
    Saw your post after I had already posted. I could see Buckhaulter playing safety

vCash
    Who gives a shit about Tenn. they haven’t been relevant for over a decade.... we won’t play them again until 2026 I think and if we play them before that then it’s in Atl and I like our chances if we do

vCash
    I only brought it up for the recruiting rankings, Ari. That’s all

vCash
    Rod Gibson*
    Dang it - I meant Gibson

vCash
    It's how he's always recruited it's not going to change. These kids are talking to multiple coaches also so it's not like their just talking to 1 coach. It's a group effort. The big time kids are basically talking to the whole staff. We'll see how it plays out but it's not like he doesn't talk to kids at all he's just not talking to them everyday.
    I like Leach but how hard is it to just get an assistant to queue you up for 30 minutes a day for recruiting calls? Especially when you know dang well that is the knock on you, fair or unfair. Just seems an odd stance from a guy that otherwise seems very astute and strategically oriented.

E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    I like Leach but how hard is it to just get an assistant to queue you up for 30 minutes a day for recruiting calls? Especially when you know dang well that is the knock on you, fair or unfair. Just seems an odd stance from a guy that otherwise seems very astute and strategically oriented.

E
    Outside of Moorhead I'm not sure there is a HC who talks to kids every day.

vCash
    Tennessee is tired of getting their asses kicked and have likely resorted to whatever necessary to get things rolling. It's hard to blame them, they have tried everything else and time is passing them up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post

E
    Looks like we're recruiting pretty well to me. Why change anything? Leach seems to get the QB he wants. I'm not concerned.

vCash
    So is it possible we get Ty Keyes?

QB all the way with him or would he even consider a different position? I know he’s a better QB than Greek, however he is also a better athlete than Greek as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So is it possible we get Ty Keyes?

QB all the way with him or would he even consider a different position? I know he’s a better QB than Greek, however he is also a better athlete than Greek as well.
    Wherever he goes, he's going to play QB. And I'd say it's very possible we get him

vCash
    If Keyes chooses MSU, does that mean Greek gets dropped?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If Keyes chooses MSU, does that mean Greek gets dropped?
    Nah, I think Leach will just take 3 & ensure that MSU will have a damn good QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Nah, I think Leach will just take 3 & ensure that MSU will have a damn good QB
    We're not taking 3 QB's.

vCash
    We're not taking 3 QB's.
    Ok.

So are we not getting Key or are we dropping Greek?