Page 25 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Is this the right thread to discuss gran transfer recruits?

I am wondering if we are showing interest in Rico Bussey Jr from North Texas, or any other grad transfer wr?

Busses Jr in particular seems like he would of interest, having been successful in a similar offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Is this the right thread to discuss gran transfer recruits?

I am wondering if we are showing interest in Rico Bussey Jr from North Texas, or any other grad transfer wr?

Busses Jr in particular seems like he would of interest, having been successful in a similar offense.
    yes, it's the right thread. I have no idea if we'd pursue him.

Does feel like we need 1 more WR though
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Tennessee just landed a 4 star QB from Texas.

I've made it clear that I believe Tennessee is cheating their asses off but in the end, it doesn't mean much for us unless they come into Mississippi or players we're on & start buying them off.

This really effects Mullen & Smart more than anyone IMO. If Tennessee become another tough game along with Kentucky getting better, Mullen is going to have his work cut out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I've made it clear that I believe Tennessee is cheating their asses off but in the end, it doesn't mean much for us unless they come into Mississippi or players we're on & start buying them off.

This really effects Mullen & Smart more than anyone IMO. If Tennessee become another tough game along with Kentucky getting better, Mullen is going to have his work cut out.
    This is the guy that Nancy claimed om ?dropped? a week or so ago. It was actually pretty funny, one of their posters called him out on it. Something to the affect of, ?So, you?re telling me that WE, ole miss, dropped the #4 dual-threat QB in the country...and not the other way around???? ...I don?t think that Nancy replied

vCash
    Tennessee has absolutely gone full Hugh Freeze on recruiting. They want to win so bad now they don't care how blatant it looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Tennessee has absolutely gone full Hugh Freeze on recruiting. They want to win so bad now they don't care how blatant it looks.
    Problem is that most of the media was just old enough to remember them winning & are giving them the full benefit of the doubt. I hate it from the perspective that they can this easily get away with it, but at the same time, I'm perfectly happy with the talent being spread around to more schools. Makes for better college football & prevents any one team from being "too good"

vCash

That and I think Norvell is going to get Florida State going pretty soon. That's really bad for Mullen because he has basically had free reign in recruiting in that state for the past three years. Dan seems to always have good timing. He came to us right when Nutt was starting to decline and lost to Jacksonville State. Tennessee will get pretty close to Florida's level in a couple of years probably. Probably FSU too.

vCash
    I'm trying to figure out why people all of a sudden think TN is going to be great anytime soon. They still have a lot of issues inside and outside of their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why people all of a sudden think TN is going to be great anytime soon. They still have a lot of issues inside and outside of their program.
    They aren't, but just like everyone else, I would love to see them get caught cheating because it's just human nature to hate Tennessee.

vCash
    I think Pruitt can get them to 8-10 wins a year. I'm not sure that they will get back to what they were in the late 90's anytime soon. They're a blueblood but their state isn't as talent rich as Georgia or Florida and without a doubt that makes it harder on them.

vCash
    Ole Miss loses again

[tweet2]1259860098127728643[/tweet2]

vCash
    Ole Miss loses again

[tweet2]1259860098127728643[/tweet2]
    I would loooove to know how much cash he skimmed off of them for them to even be ?in the game? though! You know there is a bear booster that coughed up at least $50k on this one and got NOTHING to show for it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I would loooove to know how much cash he skimmed off of them for them to even be ?in the game? though! You know there is a bear booster that coughed up at least $50k on this one and got NOTHING to show for it!
    I'm always interested to know how much money boosters can stomach when throwing money at players they don't get.

I totally understand collecting $100K for a guy like AJ Brown & Treadwell when you get them, but does not getting a player that they pour money into deter them from paying other guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Pruitt can get them to 8-10 wins a year. I'm not sure that they will get back to what they were in the late 90's anytime soon. They're a blueblood but their state isn't as talent rich as Georgia or Florida and without a doubt that makes it harder on them.
    I don't think they're a blue blood anymore. The changes to NCAA football and the conference hurt them. They still have a lot of issues on that campus. They simply have a large fan base. So they get blue blood recruiting rankings bumps. They should've been around a top 10 team for years and haven't been. They'll have big years and down years. They'll never be AL or even FL or GA.

vCash
    I don't think they're a blue blood anymore. The changes to NCAA football and the conference hurt them. They still have a lot of issues on that campus. They simply have a large fan base. So they get blue blood recruiting rankings bumps. They should've been around a top 10 team for years and haven't been. They'll have big years and down years. They'll never be AL or even FL or GA.
    Agree. I also don't think Pruitt is THE GUY

I do think he's done a good job of developing discipline & getting the culture turned around to some degree, but who knows what 2020 will bring. I just don't think he has the offensive pedigree or players to build anything that can compete with the top SEC teams.

I think Tennessee could turn into a better version of what Kentucky currently is, but I don't think that will be good enough

vCash
    Their overdue, and the recruiting run their on right now is the strongest I've ever seen. Somebody has given them the green light

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Their overdue, and the recruiting run their on right now is the strongest I've ever seen. Somebody has given them the green light
    They'll come back to earth. With no recruiting visits etc. recruiting hasn't really fired up yet. I'm betting they don't sign the class some think they will. Still be about normal for them though.

vCash
    How good is the Leach offense with:

QB - Robertson
    WR- Knox
    WR - Coleman
    WR - Nabors
    WR - K Johnson
    WR - Tulu
    WR - Jacobi Moore
    RB - Marks

vCash
    How good is the Leach offense with:

QB - Robertson
    WR- Knox
    WR - Coleman
    WR - Nabors
    WR - K Johnson
    WR - Tulu
    WR - Jacobi Moore
    RB - Marks
    Looks great, but we've got to have a good line to go with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Looks great, but we've got to have a good line to go with them.
    You've got a young OL core of

LT- Cross
    LG- Pendley
    C- Cole Smith
    RG- Cunningham
    RT Dolla Bill