Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    This kid can play.
    That kid had no P5 offers and was taking a blue shirt from Arkansas State. He couldn't even sign with them this class. But we're taking him. He hasn't even played DB much at all. This is laughable at best.
    That's now 2 corners with almost no DB experience in HS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That kid had no P5 offers and was taking a blue shirt from Arkansas State. He couldn't even sign with them this class. But we're taking him. He hasn't even played DB much at all. This is laughable at best.
    That's now 2 corners with almost no DB experience in HS.
    He's an all state player for 2 positions in 6A Alabama that's legit. It's obviously something else going on.

vCash
    Yawn.

Like I said when it happened, we should've never dropped Toles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yawn.

Like I said when it happened, we should've never dropped Toles
    I don’t think Toles is an SEC caliber CB, but he obviously would have been better than this.

vCash
    I’m not questioning anyone’s assessment, BUT how many of you “yawned” when Craft was announced as our starting safety?

Maybe our staff sees something that obviously no one else sees.

That’s my hope, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I’m not questioning anyone’s assessment, BUT how many of you “yawned” when Craft was announced as our starting safety?
    I did, and he ended up not being very good. He played bc of injuries and the guys in front of him were just that bad. Props to him for winning the job, but he's a walk on for a reason.

vCash
    KO I know you are hard on him, but you do realize he was 5th overall on this team for total tackles? Also, there was one game he didn’t play.

That is not somewhere a typical walk-on would ever be listed on a division 1 football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I don’t think Toles is an SEC caliber CB, but he obviously would have been better than this.
    Would he, necessarily, though? We have several guys, including at corner, who were originally signed to be warm bodies without much expectation 2-3 seasons ago, and still couldn't get on the field last year despite severe lack of depth. I don't think it's the worst thing for our staff to gamble and save a scholarship for someone they think can play next year or who becomes available late instead of signing someone they don't this year just because it's a position of need.

vCash
    There wasn’t a freshman we were on that would come in and be a factor in 2021. And that includes MJ .. he would have added depth next year. MJ might turn out to be very good but he would have been limited help next.. not just my opinion was told personally to me by a Coach on the staff

Green is a dude.. including him we have 3 guys that are legit. Out of Frudge , Jimison, Reed , Sanders , Threatt, and Richardson all we need is a couple of guys to give us 10-15 snaps per game ..
    with the pick up of Green and Baring any injuries to Emerson and Forbes that’s all we really need with them

So whoever we add at CB that can give us a few quality snaps Is a plus.

And with Richardson , told by the same coach, he is extremely athletic , has a big upside, he is just very raw but if and when that light come so. He will be a player..

90% of this “panic” withnour Fan base is butt hurt ober MJ doing is how he did.. And yes losing MJ hurt , hurt more so in 2022 and beyond but if we close a few SEC caliber DB this recruiting cycle and we are on a lot of them , and maybe Emerson decides to come back for his SR season we are in really good shape at CB for 2022 as well

And side note with MJ , it could have be a headache we didn’t want to deal with anyway.. again not my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    90% of this “panic” withnour Fan base is butt hurt ober MJ doing is how he did.. And yes losing MJ hurt , hurt more so in 2022 and beyond but if we close a few SEC caliber DB this recruiting cycle and we are on a lot of them , and maybe Emerson decides to come back for his SR season we are in really good shape at CB for 2022 as
    1. I wouldn't call it "panic." I'd call it concern.

2. My concern has nothing to do with MJ. It's the fact that we've reached twice now on players who no one wanted. Arkansas State didn't even give this kid a scholarship. Green was a good get but besides him, DB recruiting has been a big, fat turd burger. I acknowledge that this staff has done a good job this year at every position besides DB. That's going to have to change going forward.

vCash
    There wasn?t a freshman we were on that would come in and be a factor in 2021. And that includes MJ .. he would have added depth next year. MJ might turn out to be very good but he would have been limited help next.. not just my opinion was told personally to me by a Coach on the staff

Green is a dude.. including him we have 3 guys that are legit. Out of Frudge , Jimison, Reed , Sanders , Threatt, and Richardson all we need is a couple of guys to give us 10-15 snaps per game ..
    with the pick up of Green and Baring any injuries to Emerson and Forbes that?s all we really need with them

And with Richardson , told by the same coach, he is extremely athletic , has a big upside, he is just very raw but if and when that light come so. He will be a player..

90% of this ?panic? withnour Fan base is butt hurt ober MJ doing is how he did.. And yes losing MJ hurt , hurt more so in 2022 and beyond but if we close a few SEC caliber DB this recruiting cycle and we are on a lot of them , and maybe Emerson decides to come back for his SR season we are in really good shape at CB for 2022 as well

And side note with MJ , it could have be a headache we didn?t want to deal with anyway.. again not my opinion
    The life-blood of your program is HS recruits. Can't miss at an entire group. That's the concern. It will catch up to you. Then you might load up n Juco talent for a year or two like Mullen, but that bubble eventually will bust. Especially if you can't get quality transfers (CBs).

vCash
    With no camps to evaluate talent, we may find a few diamonds in the rough that you usually dont find. This kid is 6 1 and 165lbs. Thats all I know about him. No 40 time, no track times? Anyone have any links to some info? This years class is more unknown than any in a long time for me.

vCash
    We're going to get our share of QBs and WRs. We're going to sign a lot of OL, so some should pan out. The concern is on defense. Even with offense ruling these days, you still have to be able to play some defense unless you're Bama and sign the greatest class in history during a pandemic with no camps.

vCash
    There wasn’t a freshman we were on that would come in and be a factor in 2021. And that includes MJ .. he would have added depth next year. MJ might turn out to be very good but he would have been limited help next.. not just my opinion was told personally to me by a Coach on the staff

with the pick up of Green and Baring any injuries to Emerson and Forbes that’s all we really need with them

90% of this “panic” withnour Fan base is butt hurt ober MJ doing is how he did.. And yes losing MJ hurt , hurt more so in 2022 and beyond but if we close a few SEC caliber DB this recruiting cycle and we are on a lot of them , and maybe Emerson decides to come back for his SR season we are in really good shape at CB for 2022 as well

And side note with MJ , it could have be a headache we didn’t want to deal with anyway.. again not my opinion
    This^^^^*

We have 5 good freshman DBs coming back next year with loads of potential!! ...and that is BEFORE any 2021 signees!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The life-blood of your program is HS recruits. Can't miss at an entire group. That's the concern. It will catch up to you. Then you might load up n Juco talent for a year or two like Mullen, but that bubble eventually will bust. Especially if you can't get quality transfers (CBs).
    You can miss A year. What you can't do is multiple years in the same group - which Mullen did consistently at WR and OL. You can tell from the 2022 offers so far that the staff recognizes they didn't fill the need in 2021 and are already working to be better in 2022. You never saw the Country Club adjust like that.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Can we either remove the posts talking down the commit. I'm not thrilled with the overall recruiting, but I don't think we should be running down our commits so clearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Can we either remove the posts talking down the commit. I'm not thrilled with the overall recruiting, but I don't think we should be running down our commits so clearly.
    No one is running down the kid. I think it's great he gets the chance to play in the SEC. I don't blame the kid for taking the offer.

I blame the staff for extending the offer, especially since it's going to count towards 2022 and next year is a big year in-state.

vCash
    90% of this ?panic? withnour Fan base is butt hurt ober MJ doing is how he did..
    You?ve got to chill with this angle it?s embarrassing. Nobody cares about MJ anymore. It?s ok to be seriously concerned over the weak CB class this year, it doesn?t mean 90% of the fan base is panicking over losing one player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    You?ve got to chill with this angle it?s embarrassing. Nobody cares about MJ anymore. It?s ok to be seriously concerned over the weak CB class this year, it doesn?t mean 90% of the fan base is panicking over losing one player.
    2 future NFL DBs starting, trumps ONE bad DB recruiting class.

vCash
    2 future NFL DBs starting, trumps ONE bad DB recruiting class.
    I don't see how they're mutually exclusive. I can say that it's great to have 2 NFL CBs while being concerned about the guys we're signing to replace them. It's not an either or situation.