Page 79 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2710

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

vCash
    I’m still going to beat the S Price drum - I think he’s better than Thomas or Johnson but we will see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    THere was a ton of drama with Fletcher Cox and Chris Jones, just didn't play out over twitter. Some of these kids just enjoy having their recruiting play out online.
    Josh Boyd and Tyler Russell also decommited privately, and Tyler was very close to going with Spurrier and South Carolina. We had a long talk about it. Distance won out.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I always get bad for Tyler because he just wasn’t a Mullen qb but he always gave us his all and was a good team leader

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I always get bad for Tyler because he just wasn’t a Mullen qb but he always gave us his all and was a good team leader
    He was also the guy before Dak so he kinda gets forgotten. He was a solid QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Probably should have played for Spurrier. Mullen has to have a running QB. Though Trask isn't running that much, but Trask has a ton of weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Probably should have played for Spurrier. Mullen has to have a running QB. Though Trask isn't running that much, but Trask has a ton of weapons.
    And Tyler actually felt the same way. Spurrier was really pushing him on Tyler's fit in his scheme vs the spread option.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Buckhaulter decommits per his Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Buckhaulter decommits per his Twitter.
    Dropped or at least replaceable to the point where he wasn't worth continuing to recruit
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Dropped
    You sure? That seems like a really odd drop unless we?re positive the South Carolina kid is coming and really like him more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    You sure? That seems like a really odd drop unless we?re positive the South Carolina kid is coming and really like him more.
    or making room for others.

Buck's SR film left a lot to be desired. He's a nice prospect, but not good enough to continue to recruit when other, similar prospects want to be Dawgs or we can use that spot on transfer that can play immediately

Do you fight tooth & nail to keep a player you're meh on or just let him go & offer other players you may like a little more or can help sooner?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-02-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Buck isn’t worth the time , effort, or headache...
    too many other kids we have to hold on to , Buck is easily replaceable..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    or making room for others.

Buck's SR film left a lot to be desired. He's a nice prospect, but not good enough to continue to recruit when other, similar prospects want to be Dawgs or we can use that spot on transfer that can play immediately

Do you fight tooth & nail to keep a player you're meh on or just let him go & offer other players you may like a little more or can help sooner?
    He didn’t dominate at a lower class academy... move on and upgrade

vCash
    It's fine but better hold on to Nabers. We definitely need 4-5 WRs in this class.

vCash
    Nabers would be a huge loss. Think we are going to have to fight for him.

vCash
    Just UM flipping their commitment again, something they get their jollies doing.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    This staff is showing that they're not playing along with silly recruiting games.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Just UM flipping their commitment again, something they get their jollies doing.
    I honestly think they orchestrate this whenever they can. Find a guy willing to play along and give him an "incentive" to carry it out. Remember the guy from around Rosedale who did this a few years back? Even had a catchy nickname for everyone to remember...except for me I guess. Mine is due to old age however. Bet he didn't play 50 snaps in his whole career up there. Somebody will remember who I'm talking about.

vCash
    If we get Price and hang on to everyone else then Buck isn't a loss and we get a very good WR in Price. However, if Nabors bolts is where things get VERY dicey. Nabors and Knox are what's propping up this WR class. We need both of them to stay. LSU losing so many receivers has me worried that they could be pushing Nabors on early playing time.

vCash
    It seems like to me we have plenty of WR. We need meat

vCash
    Can someone put together a hot board - with number of spots left and the kids we expect to fill those spots;